Wake Me Up

Wake Me Up

Victoria stared, her normally bright and shining eyes were dulled and lifeless. Almost for the first time in her life. It couldn't be. No. It simply couldn't be real. Never had Victoria ever felt so miserable in her life. It was such a terrible feeling. She hated it. She really did. Victoria so desperately wanted to believe it were just a figment of her wild and untamed imagination, just like before. Victoria wanted to pretend with was a simple nightmare. Nothing more than that. With a blink of an eye, the horror would end.

A dream.

A nightmare.

An illusion.

A mirage.

A delusion.

Sadly, reality told her otherwise.

It wasn't a nightmare. It wasn't a dream. It wasn't an illusion. It wasn't a mirage. It wasn't a delusion. It wasn't her imagination playing tricks on her once again. This time, the horror was real. Victoria in sadness and fear as she saw Kyuhyun breathe heavily. Kyuhyun had just been in an accident. Of course, she rushed over to the hospital as soon as she could. Although, by the time she arrived, everyone had already left. The kind yet serious doctor had informed her about what was currently going on.

They had told her, Kyuhyun had just been through a serious operation. The fact that he was still alive brought great relief to Victoria, but not for long. They then told her that Kyuhyun's condition as not secure. They had no guarantee that he would be awake the next morning. They had no guarantee that Kyuhyun would would ever see the sunrise ever again. They had no guarantee that Kyuhyun would ever sing on stage again. They had no guarantee Kyuhyun would ever use his body like he did before. They had no guarantee that Kyuhyun would wake up at all for that matter.

Do you know how much those words hurt Victoria?

Victoria, unable to think straight, sat beside Kyuhyun's currently unconscious body. Time was stopping around her. She held his hand tightly, gently touched his hair and bit her lip slightly. He just looked so pale, as if his life were fading away. Victoria couldn't do anything at all. Victoria felt so useless. If only there was some way she could help Kyuhyun. She smiled sadly, Kyuhyun's hand was as soft as ever. She didn't want to let him go, for the fear that Kyuhyun wouldn't wake up. She didn't want to let him go, for the fear that Kyuhyun's pulse would stop. She didn't want to let him go, for the fear that she would forget how it felt to have Kyuhyun hold his hand.

So soft.

So gentle.

So safe.

Was there a chance that Kyuhyun would die so quickly? Victoria couldn't believe it. She didn't want to believe it. She hated the fact that she might never see Kyuhyun's childish yet lovable smile ever again... She hated the fact that she might never see Kyuhyun's delicate eyes open.... She hated the fact that she might never see Kyuhyun's bright and discrete blush on his cheeks... Victoria hated the fact she was so useless and couldn't do anything to help her beloved boyfriend.

Tears ran down Victoria's cheek, and they didn't stop. It messed up her perfectly done make up, not that Victoria really cared about it at this point. Her eyes were reddened and her eyesight became blurry. She had trouble seeing anything but Kyuhyun's pale skin. Each never ending tear simply brought her more sadness. Ironic, isn't it? They say that it's better to cry. So, if that's really the case, why did it simply make Victoria feel more and more miserable on the inside?

Victoria couldn't have Kyuhyun die. She needed him. She needed him so much. Victoria couldn't live without his reassuring voice saying 'I love you Qian.'. Victoria couldn't live without his gentle hug which felt so safe. Victoria couldn't live without his childish smile directed towards her. Victoria couldn't live without his sweet and cheesy words. Victoria couldn't live without his bully like Kyuhyun teasing, which she never minded. Victoria couldn't live without those breath taking kisses. Victoria couldn't live without Kyuhyun. What was she supposed to do without him?

Nobody could replace Kyuhyun.

Nobody.

Victoria's words were stuck in . At the moment, there were so many words she wanted to say.

I love you...

Sorry for being so useless...

I don't deserve you...

Don't die...

Please...

I care for you...

I miss you...

Do you know I'm here beside you...?

I'm waiting...


The words weren't able to come out properly. With a forced and timid voice, she spoke. It may have been pointless, but it never hurt to say words to him. It was a way to ease the pain in Victoria's heart. At least, she could pretend Kyuhyun was listening to her. Her voice was hoarse and cracked, showing how she much she had cried.

"...Kyuhyunnie oppa... please... wake up..."

Kyuhyun heard her call.

Victoria held Kyuhyun's hand and whimpered. She so desperately wished for Kyuhyun to wake.

All of a sudden, she felt Kyuhyun squeeze her hand. Victoria's eyes widened as she looked up. There, she was Kyuhyun with his eyes only half-lidded. Victoria didn't know what to do. The first thought was to get a nurse. As she stood up, Kyuhyun pulled her back down. Victoria stared.

Kyuhyun didn't want Victoria to leave him.

A gentle gaze was exchanged.

Words simply weren't needed.