Getting Caught In The Rain

Getting Caught In The Rain

 

“At last,” you sighed as you walked down the sidewalk, still quite a distance from your house. All week, you had been swarmed with tests, reviews, assignments, and drama. You were so relieved that it was finally Friday, you decided to enjoy every moment of it  by walking home. iPod on shuffle (now playing Beautiful Target, you’re favourite hype song), you danced your way home.

“Boo,” he whispered into your ear, having come from directly behind you. Startled, you turned around to find a very tall and handsome man, wearing cute dorky glasses, a colourful graphic tee under a cute, opened green button-up shirt, and tight blue jeans. Your Shinwoo. “Miss me?” Shocked, you quickly wrapped your arms tightly around him and planted your lips onto his. His smile, you could feel, got even broader, as he quickly returned the hug.

“More than I could handle!” you pulled away to tell him, still overwhelmed by his presence. You knew he had been on tour with B1A4, and that they were stopping in your city, but you had no clue that he would take the effort to find you, just so the two of you could spend some rare, precious moments together. You dug your face into his shoulder, tears welling up in your eyes. You hadn’t seen this boy for 7 whole months, so naturally, when he tried to pull away to take a closer look at you, you were very reluctant to let go.

“____-ah, I just want to see how beautiful you’ve gotten since I last saw you!” he said, the tone in his voice obviously trying to calm you down. Obediently, you stop your tears, step back, and let him take a look at you (you even spin a 360* just for his enjoyment). You tried not to move as he slowly walked towards you, afraid that the moment may disappear, when he embraces you in his long, muscular arms and kisses the top of your head. “Worth the wait.”

                “What are you listening to?” Shinwoo asked as the two of you walked hand in hand down the long stretch of concrete surrounded by lush green trees, still far from your house. You picked up the headphone that was dangling on the wire, not being used, and put it into his ear.

“Be Mine, Infinite,” you said, as he immediately began to bob his head to the song.

“Such nice guys…” he said, mostly to himself, as the two of you began to bob your heads together and continued to walk. Suddenly, the sun ducked behind a cloud, and it became darker outside. The two of you looked up to find big, dark storm clouds moving in. You two exchanged a quick, confused glance (probably because it had been nice and sunny for the whole walk), before it started to pour.

                “Yah, quick ____, get under,” he said to you, loud enough to hear over the rain hammering down, and pulled you right into his side. He lifted up his green shirt and adjusted you so you’d get as little rain as possible, and he quickly directed you off the sidewalk and into the trees (there was no use trying to make it home, for you still had a while to go). Maneuvering through the dense trees, he found a fairly dry spot, getting a minimal amount of rain. Soaked, he took your hand and helped you down to the ground, then placed himself beside you. Though not a rain forest, it was an amazing experience to hear the rain falling down, hitting everything in its path except for you.

“Good thinking,” you said to him, still holding hands. “I owe you big time.” You smiled to him, and he returned the gesture.

“Well, had to do what I had to, to keep my ____ safe – and dry!” The two of you laughed, easing up the tension that had built on your journey into the forest. The two of you locked eyes, and he pulled you towards him. “But I think I know how you can pay me back,” he said, smiling.

                You had kissed Shinwoo before, but never like this. After saying that, he pulled you in, so you were right up against his body, so close you could feel his breath on your neck. Very gently, he placed his lips on your neck, then moved up to meet your lips. Wrapping his arms around you, he pulled you tighter into the kiss. At first you were a little nervous, for you had never had such an intense kiss before – however after the initial shock of the kiss, you began to enjoy it.  You ran your hands up his muscular back, up his neck, and into his hair. Suddenly, you became aware of how awkward of a position you were sitting in. He was sitting up with his legs straight out, while you were sitting to his side, leaning into him.

“Hang on,” you said, as you pulled away and tried to readjust yourself. You turned your body so, though you were still beside him, you were facing his direction, with your legs bent to the side. He then wrapped you back up in his embrace and hit you with another kiss. Still uncomfortable, you began to squirm, trying to readjust, but not quite working. Shinwoo became aware of this, and started giggling, mid-kiss. You pulled away and stood up, looking down at him.

“Okay, not gonna work,” you told him, as he gradually came up to your level, still laughing.

“Maybe we should stick to these,” he said, and planted a very soft kiss on your cheek, which sent tingles up your arms. You smiled and sighed.

“Good idea,” you agreed.

 So wrapped up in the moment, you were unaware the rain had stopped. “Guess it was just a freak little storm,” you said, as Shinwoo put his hand in yours and began to navigate you out of the forest. After a little while of looking, you came back to the sidewalk, and continued your way back to your house. Having heard a noise behind you, you turned around and saw a bicyclist coming towards you two – and a giant puddle that sat directly beside Shinwoo. Instinctively, you pushed Shinwoo aside to put yourself in his place, right as the cyclist sped through the puddle, soaking your side.

“____-ah, I’m so sorry! Why didn’t I hear that coming? I think I still have that song stuck in my head!”

You turned to face him, then immediately started laughing. “What?” he asked.

“I think I know exactly how you can pay me back.”

~Fin