Chapter 21

My Kind Of Love

[No one's POV]

All that surrounded Jae and Luhan was the stillness of the Han river and the random people that would pass by here and there not knowing who Luhan was because of the dim light that came from the lamp posts. 

"Just like you oppa, we were highschool sweethearts." Jae said smiling at the view in front of her. "I remember the first day when he walked into the classroom with this ridiculous grin on his face. Of course being one of the few asians in my school, he spotted me first. Next thing I knew he was sitting down on the seat next to me." Jae laughed at the thought of it. 

"I'm guessing he wasn't the shy type?" Luhan chuckled.

"He was the complete opposite of shy. Everyone in school loved him. It wasn't really until our senior year that we noticed that our relationship was becoming different. I can still picture his face when he asked me to be his girlfriend." Jae paused and took a deep breath. 

"We were going so strong for three years, I thought nothing could stop us." She took her eyes off the river and looked at the ground. Silence surrounded them before Jae continued her story. 

"I was in my last semester of my second year of college when my parents told us that we were moving to Korea. Of course I was happy that I was going to experience a new culture however leaving my boyfriend behind was something I couldn't do."

"I immediately called over to his house to tell him the bad news. That was when I saw them. Like I said, he had always been popular and girls liking him was not something out of the ordinary. But I never thought that he would show interest towards any of them because he had me. 'Jae-ah you know that I love you so much and those girls don't even compare to you', that's what he said to me a week before I caught him with one of those girls at his house."

"Do you know what was even worse? When the girl asked him who I was, he told her that I was only a friend from the neighbourhood. And stupid me just bowed and left."

"Kyung Mi was the first person I saw when I got home. I cried and told her everything. She told me that I deserved someone so much better and that I didn't need him." Jae looked up at Luhan with teary eyes. "But she was wrong because it was during those times that I needed him the most." A tear escaped from the corner of her eye but she quickly wiped it off before Luhan could see. 

"I haven't seen him since then. I felt that there was no explanation needed after hearing what I was to him, just a friend from the neighbourhood." 

By then Jae couldn't stop her tears from flowing. She turned away from Luhan as she tried to wipe them away. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cry." 

"Don't be sorry." Luhan's soft voice comforted her. "He's stupid for ever letting you go." He placed his hand on Jae's back and softly patted it. 

"Sometimes I try to tell myself that I don't need him, that's why I try to forget everything that happened by working and studying non stop. However at times I still can't help but look back on the past."

"But you have to live in the present because you might miss out on the good stuff." Luhan said as he smiled at Jae. 

It was weird for Luhan to see Jae so upset. She always had a smile on her face whenever he saw her but that bright smile is now replaced with tears and he didn't like it at all.

"Luhan oppa, please don't tell anyone about this especially Kyung Mi. She hates it when I cry about what happened." Jae silently said.

"Don't worry, it'll be our little secret." Luhan replied as he wiped the last bit of tears left on her face. "I'm really glad we came here. Thank you for talking to me about everything and just spending time with me. It's nice to have someone else other than the guys to talk to when I'm having a bad day." 

"No, thank you oppa for opening up to me. In a way you helped me take off a heavy load that I've been carrying for nearly a year now. Oppa, promise me that we won't let those two people ruin our days anymore and we're going to be strong and happy from now on. Promise me that everything is going to be okay from now on and that we'll be okay." Jae looked at Luhan as she waited for his reply. 

Luhan smiled as an idea crossed his mind. "Wait right here, I'll be back in five minutes." Before Jae could say anything, Luhan had already rushed off to the direction of the bubble tea shop. 

Less than five minutes later, Luhan came back to the Han River and found Jae still standing at the same spot with her arms dangling over the railings. 

"Hey you're back. Where did you go anyway? Jae asked as Luhan quietly walked over to her side.

"I just went to get something in the bubble tea shop." Luhan replied taking out a black marker from the pocket of his jacket. 

"Uhhh... A marker? Oppa what are you doing?" Jae asked confused as Luhan started writing something on the railing that Jae was holding on to.

"There, finished. Read it." Luhan smiled as he waited for Jae to read what he wrote. 

"Thank you oppa." Jae softly said in response to Luhan's message. 

"Come on, it's really late and you haven't finished studying for your test. How about we go back to the bubble tea shop and I'll help you study for a bit, then we can go home?" 

Jae looked at the message that Luhan wrote on the railing once more and turned to Luhan and smiled. 

'Everything is going to be okay, We're going to be okay. I Promise.'
~ J + L ~

 

Right then she knew that she didn't need to feel so miserable anymore, that she had someone who cared for her. She had a friend who understood her, she had Luhan.

===

Hey you ! I updated again! ^^

What did you think of Jae's story? Who's story is the saddest? Luhan's or Jae's? :)

Let me know down in the comment section and please do subscribe!

Seohyun and Luhan T^T  (so close)

Till next time,

-jkmusicable-