I'm Your Man

I'm Your Man

"Sorry, the number you have dialled is currently unavailable. Please leave your message after the beep." It was the fifth time Wooyoung was dialling his boyfriend's number, yet again he was faced with the monotonus voice of his answering machine. He stared at his wallpaper, it was a picture of the two of them hugging, both smiling like crazy. He remembered when the picture was taken, it was even before they started dating. Junsu had seen them hugging and snapped a picture of the moment, making a comment about how they looked like a couple. Wooyoung let out a chuckle at how true Junsu's words were..
"A penny for your thoughts?" Junsu stepped into the room.
"Oh..i'm just thinking.." He gave a weak smile, trying to hide the worry that he felt inside.
"Come on, i know you well enough to know that you aren't "just thinking"," adding air quotes to emphasise his point. He continued, "So tell me what's wrong? Did something happen to Khun?". 
Junsu did know him so well..so he started to reveal the worries that he had.
"I think that Khun is going to break up with me, now before you start saying that i'm just imagining things, listen to the reasons why i think so. He doesn't answer my phone calls, and even when he does, it's only for a brief while. He's always going out, and whenever i ask him what he's doing or where he's going, he just says that he has things to do at some place. That other day when he came back, i smelled perfume on his jacket.." at this part, Wooyoung's tears were threatening to fall but he continued, "Junsu ah, w..what if Khun is tired of me, what if he thinks that being with me is wrong and he breaks up with me and choose to be with a girl instead. I really love Khun and i cannot live without him.." tears started to roll down his chubby cheeks.
Junsu looks at his friend, so sad and scared, "Listen to me Woo, you know that Khun loves you as much as you do so the only word of advice i have for you is trust. If you love him, trust him." he smiles sadly at the crying boy..
The familiar tune of "I'm Your Man" started to play from Wooyoung's phone, it was Nichkhun calling, he knew because he had set that song as the ringtone for when Nichkhun was calling. He hurriedly picked up and heard the voice of the elder male.
"Woodong, we need to talk. Can you meet me at the park near our house in 10 minutes?" He hung up straight after, not allowing Wooyoung to say anything. Not that he was in any condition to say anything at all, the phone dropped from his hands as he processed what Nichkhun had said, those dreaded words, "We need to talk" had finally come up..He felt as though his heart had broken into a million pieces, the love of his life,the only man that he ever loved, was going to break up with him, leaving him all alone.
Junsu didn't know what to do so he said, "Go to the park and listen to what he has to say. If he really is going to break up with you, then fight for him, you love him don't you?". It was as though his words gave him a spark of hope, he knew Junsu was right, he had to fight for Nichkhun. With his new determination, he wiped off his tears and made his way to the park with heavy footsteps.
  On his way there, Wooyoung had been making a silent prayer, he prayed that Nichkhun would see how much he loves him and not break up with him.. "Please..let this prayer come true.." he said with a aching pain in his heart. 
  As he approached the park entrance, two familiar figures came into sight. He recognised them as Nichkhun and..Junsu.. The two of them were deep in conversation so his presence had gone unnoticed so far.A wave of dizziness overcame his mind as thoughts about the possibility of his boyfriend dumping him for his best friend. "Junsu wouldn't do this to me right?" Wooyoung mumbled to himself but he knew that what he had said was unconvincing to himself, especially since he'd seen the elder giving his boyfriend a hug. Normally this would have been disregarded as a friendly action between two good friends but at that point, to Wooyoung, his vision blurred by tears, his heart breaking into pieces once again, it was hard to tell. It was also a hard struggle between his heart and mind, his heart was saying that he needed to turn around and leave before it gets broken again whilst his mind was screaming that he had to go to Nichkhun to find the truth, none of which was an easy decision to make. By some unknown force, he did not have to make the choice, the choice had been made for him when Junsu had spotted him, waving him over. He tried to pretend that he hadn't seen him but that plan was foiled as the elder male decided to come over and said, "Wooyoungie! Did you not see me waving at you? Come with me, Khun has something to say to you, it's really important!".
"Oh hyung, how did you get here so quickly?" Wooyoung wondered out loud. 
"I drove here! I actually almost got a speeding ticket while coming here.." Junsu smiled sheepishly, "Anyway, come with me!" he said as he grabbed onto the younger male's hand and pulled him towards the direction of Nichkhun.
Wooyoung took a good look at his boyfriend, he seemed to be very nervous, his head down and staring at the ground. As though he could sense his presence, the elder male looked up and their eyes met, both locked in a hard gaze that was hard to break away from. 
He decided it was time to face up, to listen to Nichkhun so he allowed himself to be dragged by the elder who was strangely excited.
"Just listen," Junsu whispered into his ear as he turned and moved away, giving them the privacy that was needed then. Wooyoung mouthed the words "thank you" back while Nichkhun chose to smile in gratitude. 
Deciding to break the silence, Wooyoung mumbled, "So why did you call me here?".
The elder male's cheeks turned a shade of pink as he opened his mouth
"Well you see, i have something really important to talk to you about.." 
"Oh.." He glanced into his boyfriend's eyes, it was as though their whole relationship was flashing before his eyes, their good times, their bad times, their unforgettable memories..Was it really going to end just like that? Was he really ready to let him go? The aching pain was back, not that it had really left in the first place but this time, it was far worse. It was a difficult decision to make but as a tear fell, he had made up his mind.
He took a deep breath and tried his best to gather his words, "Khun, my love, as they all say, if you love someone, set them free..so i'm going to let you go, as much as this hurts my heart, i have to let you go for i know that i no longer hold a place in your heart. Goodbye my love.." He turned away and started walking, each step with regret, he knew he was going to regret letting the love of his life go but like he said, he had to let him go..
He felt a strong grip on his arm as he was pulled into the familiar warm embrace, the only one that he ever needed. He felt his shoulder getting wet as the elder male leaned onto his shoulder. He lifted up his hand and placed it on his lover's face, wiping off the tears, "Why are you crying, my love?"
"Because Wooyoung, you have it all wrong! I don't want you to let me go, i want to hold you forever.." Nichkhun exclaimed, with tears still streaming down his face. Wooyoung was shocked, his mouth slightly open, " W-what?" 
"Let me continue, listen to me, please.. Jang Wooyoung, why would you ever think that you don't have a place in my heart? You are my whole heart, my love, my life, my air. Without you, i am nothing. I love you with every single breath i take, i can't stop loving you. I hate to be cheesy but you're my addiction, you got me hooked onto your touch, your taste, your everything." Wooyoung was blushing like crazy with each word Nichkhun said.
"I'm your man..I'm your man.." the notes of the song started playing faintly. 
"Remember this song? Its our song.." Nichkhun smiled ever so sweetly.
"How could i ever forget? I can't forget every single thing that has to do with you.." The  younger male said with a small voice.
The elder male's soothing voice swirled around the atmosphere as he sang the words to the song, creating a bittersweet effect. The song was approaching its end, "Baby, i'm your ma-a-a-an. Please believe me, please be with me.." 
Slowly, Nichkhun went down on one knee, pulling a small red velvet box out of his pocket. Wooyoung let out a loud gasp, was he going to p-propose..? 
"Jang Wooyoung, you are my baby, your poison cheeks," The elder male reached out to pinch his chubby cheeks. "they're so perfect. You're so perfect..So, what i wanted to say was..w-will you marry me..?" 
He opened the box in his hand to reveal a simple silver ring. The younger male's eyes widened in surprise, tears started rolling down his cheeks. 
Nichkhun's smile faltered a little upon seeing this, "It's okay if you don't want to, i don't want to force you.." 
He stood up and his shoulders drooped down, disappointment evident in his face even though he was trying to hide it. He turned around so that his lover would not see his sadness. Suddenly, he felt Wooyoung's hand on his shoulder, spinning him around. 
"Yes," the younger male said shyly. 
"W-what?" Nichkhun said, blinking his eyes in confusion.
"Y-yes, i will marry you.." Wooyoung's cheeks were tinted pink but a smile was plastered onto his face.
"Yah, Jang Wooyoung! Really? You will marry me?" The elder male jumped up and down, his eyes sparkling with excitment.
"Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!" Wooyoung smiled. 
"Woohoo!" Nichkhun shouted as he lifted his new fiancé off the ground. 
"Hyung ah, put me down!" Wooyoung smacked his lover playfully.
"What hyung? You should call me your husband!" the elder male continued to lift him up.
"Okay okay! Husband! Put me down!" Wooyoung squealed as Nichkhun started tickling his sides.
"That's better!"Nichkhun finally agreed to put him down.
"How's my favourite married couple!" Junsu, who had been standing aside the whole time, skipped towards them.
"We are engaged not married! And what do you mean favourite couple, we're the only ones you know!" Wooyoung shouted back at him.
Junsu was about to respond when all of a sudden, Wooyoung had a realisation, "W-wait a moment! How do you know Hyung," Nichkhun poked his side,causing him to squirm, "I mean my husband, was going to propose? And why were the two of you hugging just now?".
The eldest male waved his hands wildly in the air, screaming "Pick me!" 
The couple raised their eyebrows at this sight but nodded at him for him to go on.
"Okay so Wooyoungie, you know how you were worried about those things? It was actually because he was busy trying to prepare for all of this and the perfume? That was from his sister! She was accompanying him to get your ring..I knew about all of this because i was also helping and that hug was for encouragement!" 
"Were you jealous?" Nichkhun smirked at his lover.
"What? Jealous? No!" Wooyoung folded his arms and pouted adorably.
"Well i think you're cute when you're jealous.." Nichkhun winked at the blushing boy.
"Haha..i think i better leave you two alone for now, i don't want to be a gooseberry you know!" Junsu waved his goodbyes to the still bickering couple.
Nichkhun smiled, "Now that we're alone, i have something important to do!".
Wooyoung, being as confused as ever, stared blankly at him.
The elder male took his lover's hand into his own, making Wooyoung shiver in excitement. Nichkhun took out the silver ring from the box and slowly slided it up Wooyoung's slender finger.
"Now you're mine.." The thai prince gazed lovingly at Wooyoung.
"Yeah, i am so don't think of ever getting rid of me!" The younger male exclaimed.
"Don't worry, if you know how much i love you, you should know that i will never leave you.." Nichkhun said, meaning every single word.
"I do know and i hope you know that i love you as much you do, i really do love you Nichkhun Horvejkul." Wooyoung said with all his heart.
"And so do i, i love you too, Jang Wooyoung.." He pulled the younger male in for a kiss.
When one of them finally pulled away, they did not separate from each other. Their fingers found each other and intertwined, as their hearts beat as one, their eyes met and they both smiled, knowing that it was only the beginning. Their beginning..


A/N Hello readers! Finally, i have posted this! I'm sorry that it took me so long to post my story but i am very happy to know that some of you subscribed to this story! ^.^ I really hope that it wouldn't disappoint any of you and i too hope that you will enjoy this Khunyoung story :) I am currently working on another Khunyoung story, hopefully i'll finish it soon and let you all read it. As for now, read this story and tell me what you think about it, comments and subscriptions are really appreciated. Even if you are a silent reader, i'd like to thank all of you <3 so anneyeong and till the next time we meet, keep loving Khunyoung~ ^.^