I Wish It Were Me

Wedding

I walked with the rest of my group to the church, it looked absolutely beautiful. The church was the colour of white, as if it were layered in some kind of snow. The grounds were decorated very prettily, all sorts of accessories and decoration placed. I must say, it looked better than the weddings shown in movies and fairytales. Well, maybe this was a fairytale. Not for me though. For them at least.

Wanting.

The atmosphere seemed so happy and vibrant. From every single angle, I could see smiles, joyful tears and so much more. There seemed to be absolutely no type of sin in the whole area. Well, I guess it was better that way. There wasn't supposed to be any sin in such a place. Everything looked stunning and great.

Pure.

I walked inside and saw the rest of my sunbaes, dongsaengs, unnies and oppas. They were all very happy at the moment. They quietly and nervously chatted among themselves, their eyes slowing trailing to me. Slowly, they stood up and greeted me. I smiled at them gently, at least they cared about me. Unlike the thing I loved the most.

Friendship.

My eyes wondered around the room, looking for the groom. Who was the groom? Well, of course you'd have to know by now. It was the maknae of Super Junior, Cho Kyuhyun. Can you believe it? He was getting married, and before his hyungs as well. Why was I searching for him? Because the only thing I could do at the moment was look. Nothing else. I wasn't allowed to do anything else.

Searching.

I found him sitting with the rest of Super Junior, Even Hankyung and Kibum were there. All 15 Super Junior members joined together. It looked like a dream in my eyes. Kyuhyun smiled happily, nervously and shyly all at the same times. His hyungs were probably teasing him about getting married. From the look on their faces, they were very happy for the maknae. Even though they wanted to get married just as much. Who would have known that the maknae was going to get married before all his hyungs?

Finding.

Kyuhyun looked so happy, I've never seen him with such a bright smile on his face. His eyes glittered ever so prettily. Kyuhyun fidgeted with his hands slightly, his hyungs once again laughing at him. The way a light blush crept up to his cheeks was simply and absolutely adorable. I wish he didn't blush though. I wish that he blushed for me. He didn't though, he never did. Kyuhyun only blushed for her. That beautiful bride of his which was due to come down the isle any minute now.

Envy.

I soon disappeared at found the bride. I stayed by her side and watched as her make-up and hair was being done. I simply couldn't leave. After all, I was one of the bride's maids. I watched as she began smile like crazy and blush at least several different shades of red. I just smiled back with a forced smile on my face. I think I understood her feelings well. If I were the one about to marry the beautiful and flawless Kyuhyun, I would have done the exact same thing as she did.

Lucky.

She is so lucky. She is so blessed. She loves Kyuhyun with all her heart, and so do I. Kyuhyun picked her though, not me. Well, it's not like he knew I loved him in the first place. Maybe I should have told him that I loved him. Well, it's to late to consider these things now. I can't reach him anymore, he is hers. Kyuhyun is out of my grasp. She's so lucky to have him.

Stupid.

I know, Kyuhyun loves her with all his heart. I pray every single night that he might one day be mine. Although, I know it's not going to come true. I already know, there's no way that is going to happen. Yet, being the foolish person I've turned into for a stupid thing called love, I pray. I still pray. I prayed last night. I know, my wish is very selfish. And I know, no matter how hard I try from now, Kyuhyun will not come to love me as I have come to love him. Maybe it's fate, or maybe it's my mistake.

Foolish.

Soon, the ceremony started. I stand from the side of the walkway as she slowly floats down the isle like a princess. I understand why Kyuhyun fell for her so and not me. She's absolutely stunning, absolutely beautiful. It looked like she was walking on the air itself. Such grace and such beauty, something I don't seem to have.

Jealousy.

All eyes are on her as she finally walks up to Kyuhyun. The way they stared at each other, I wished it was me who was in her place. I'm selfish. How could I even think of wrecking someone's happiness for my own? I swallowed my urge to shout when the man began to speak. Saying vows and everything else. I wanted to say something. But, for his happiness, and her happiness, I didn't.

Urge.

"Now, if there be a soul present who for any reason of legality, morality, or is opposed to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Not a single word was uttered.

"You may now kiss the bride."

And with that, she and Kyuhyun kissed. Not passionately, but full of love. Cheers were heard from left, right and center. I held my jaw and tried to hide my scowl. I hated it. I hated it so much.

A gentle tear ran down my cheek, not that anybody noticed. They were to busy looking at the happy couple. I had lost him. Not that he was ever mine in the first place.

I forced a smile to my face, trying to keep back the pitiful tears.

"... I love you..." I heard Kyuhyun whisper to her.

"... I love you too..." She smiled back.



My heart broke with those words.

I wished it were me there standing beside him.

I wish I could make him smile.

I wish I could make him blush.

I wish I was the one he loved so much.

I wished that I was the one to spend the rest of my life with him.

But the way they looked at each other and the way they loved each other so much, I forced a smile for them.

They didn't deserve to be hurt.

I couldn't be selfish about it.

The choice was already made anyway.

With a hesitant gaze, I walked up to them and smiled happily.

...
...
...


"You guys look as good together, I hope you spend the rest of your lives together!~"

Lie.