Taemin

The Virtuoso

 

                I gasped silently. He was gorgeous. His long, brown hair nearly touched his shoulders. He had full lips that permanently smiled, and eyes that could take anyone’s breath away. I never really associated with any Koreans, or other Asians for that matter, but I never knew someone could be so beautiful. I snapped out of it and remembered my full bladder.

                I was standing there for too long. He was starting to look a little confused. He cleared his throat and spoke.

“Ah… Annyeong hasyeo! Uh, I uh mean hello! Can I help you?”

 Teehee!

Oh no. I totally just giggled. What the ? I’ve never giggled in my whole life. His accent, it killed me. Not to mention he was still smiling. Was he trying to give females’ cardiac arrests? I tried to get myself together.

“Uh—I—I’m really s-sorry for interrupting, but ah—that’s my dad in there. I was, um, in the car waiting for him to finish. And uhm… Uhm… I was wondering if—COULD I PLEASE USE YOUR BATHROOM?!”

Well that went well.

                The boy I now assumed was Taemin looked like he was about to crack up. I sure made a great first impression. He looked down at the ground. He was probably trying to keep himself from laughing.

“Uhm, I’m sorry all I really understood was my new teacher is your father and you have to use my bathroom. Please come in.”

                He was smiling crazily. How. Did. He. Do. It.

“—Ah, thank you so much.”

                I stepped inside the house cautiously. It was bigger than I imagined. To the left I saw the corner of a piano, and to the right I saw a kitchen. He led me towards the kitchen. I was glad I wouldn’t have to walk past my dad.

“Um, so are you Taemin?”

                He looked over his shoulder and nodded.

“Yes. What is your name? Your father didn’t mention he had a daughter.”

                I blushed. He asked my name. It was stupid to be happy about it, but I was.

“My name’s Eleanor. I don’t like it at all, so you can call me Ellie. And seriously, I’m really sorry I barged in like this.”

He chuckled.

“Hi, Ellie, it’s nice to meet you. And it’s okay, you don’t have to be upset.”

                His statement comforted me a little. I felt less awkward. At this point, he led me down a different hallway we had been standing in front of what I assumed was the bathroom for awhile. He extended his arm towards the door.

“Thank you.”

He nodded cutely and walked away.