He's Gone

When You're Gone

Try to listen Avril song with the same title while you read this story.

 

 

Three weeks have been passed. It felt like three years for me. Last time he called me was two days ago. He said he was fine. Sometimes I visited his mom and sleep over to ease my loneliness. She would tell the stories before I sleep; mostly it was about Yunho when he was elementary student and I always have sweet dream after that. Yunho’s mom was helping me a lot. She made me stronger. But since last week, I couldn’t visit her. Lately, I always woke up in the morning because feel nauseous. I didn’t tell anyone about this, including my sister, Yoona. I didn’t want to bother anyone, maybe it was just because my allergy or it was because I eat too much at night. I always felt so hungry at night, and before I eat something, I couldn’t sleep.

Yesterday she called me, asking me why I didn’t visit her. I told her that it was because my job. But I promised to her that we will pick up Jessica together. I used to work as journalist. My job was the one which brought me met Yunho. But after we got married, I decided to quit and started new business. It was not because Yunho forced me, but it was because I want to spend most of my time with him. If I still worked as a journalist it would be impossible. But sometimes, I also wrote an article for newspaper, my colleagues didn’t accept that I just quit right away from my job. So they decided to bothering me, that was what they said to Yunho.

I was sitting in my office when Yunho’s dog, Typhoon barked loudly in the yard. I rushed to the front door. “Hey, what’s up Thypoon. Are you hungry?”

When I opened the door, I saw Yoona sitting in the grass and playing with Thypoon. Her bags scattered around her. She turned to me and smiled. “Unnie. . . . .”She stood up straight.

“Why you didn’t tell me before that you will come back.” I ran to hug her. I missed her so much. Yoona got scholarship and continue her study in Japan.

“I want to surprises you. Two weeks ago, Yunho oppa called me and asked me whether I have spare time. And I know that you don’t like to stay alone. Anyway it’s holiday Unnie.” We still hug each other until Thypoon barked again, asking for our attention.

“Unnie, you look a little chubby.”

“I know, I’ve eat too much over few days. I always feel hungry. Let’s get in. Thypoon, are you coming with us or you wanted to play here?” Thypoon chased after the butterfly signaling me that he wanted to play outside.

“Alright, be nice dog.” He barked again.

Yoona carried her stuff to her room. Actually Yoona had apartment, but I and Yunho forced her to stay in our house because Yoona rarely come to Korea. So, she sold her apartment.

“So, are you feeling hungry? Or we’re just going to wait for dinner?” I asked her as I made lemon ice for her. It was summer and the weather was really hot. She entered kitchen and plopped herself at the chair.

“How about you cook for me and then we have dinner at restaurant?” she grinned at me.

I creased my eyebrows. “Oh, I forgot that you are shikshin. , ,” I handed her the ice. “What you want to eat?”

She grinned wider. “Umm . . . . . I really want to eat bulgogi Unnie.” She whining and pouting her lips like a child.

“Okay, wait a minute Yoong.” I started to make bulgogi for her.

“Unnie, do you have ice cream?”

“Look on the refrigerator.”

“Wow, you have many flavours. I will take the, ummm…………….. Chocolate one. So, I heard that Jessica Unnie will come back next week and she will bring her boyfriend.”

“Yeah, Yunho hopes that it will be the last. How about you? Did you find someone interesting in Japan?”

“Not yet Unnie. I want to finish my study first, and then find a job, just like you.”

“But it doesn’t mean you couldn’t have relationship. If you want, I can set blind date for you.”

"Don’t even think about it. I can and I’m capable to find my own man. . . . Unnie, why don’t you have kids? I want to have nephews. Does Yunho oppa refuse to have kids?”

“No he doesn’t, we still try Yoong. But we don’t want hope too much.”

“Is there something wrong?” Yoona’s tone changed serious.

“No, it’s not. Don’t worry. We already checked it on doctor. He said nothing’s wrong, we just have to keep try.” I glanced and smiled at her. “But, last few days I always feel nauseous when I woke up.”

“Have you checked it to doctor?”

“Not yet, I don’t like to meet doctor alone. Yunho always accompany me when I did my check up before.

“How about tomorrow we meet the doctor. I will accompany you Unnie.” She already finished her big cup of ice cream and walked toward the refrigerator to take another ice cream.

“Stop with the ice cream, the bulgogi is already done.”

“But Unnie, I still feel thirsty…”  She pouted.

“Then get your self a drink., Are you sure wanted to accompany me? Don’t you want to go around Seoul?”

“I prefer to accompany you then we’re going to shopping. It’s been long time since we’re shopping together.”

I smiled at her, nodded my head. At last Yoona come back so I didn’t have to spend my time in loneliness. I put the bulgogi in the table and hugged her.

“Thanks Yoong.”

“What’s for?” she hugged me back.

“For come back and for spend my food. I’m certain that tomorrow I have to buy more ice cream.”

“You’re welcome Unnie.” She giggled. “Can I eat now Unnie?” I laughed and break the hug. She immediately rushed towards the bulgogi and started eating.

“Yah!!!!. . . , don’t eat all of it!! Give me some Yoong. . . . .”

But she was fast and run toward her room. “Aish that girl, , ,”

 

 

The next day we woke up early, then went to the hospital near my house. I didn’t have any clue that today God finally grant my wish. We waited anxiously until the doctor broke the silent. He smiled to us and said that I’m six weeks pregnant. I just sat in silent. Still don’t believe in what I’ve heard while Yoona cheered in delight. She started babbling from what suitable name for the baby, then has told me I should start following gymnastics for expectant mothers, and then told me to start shopping needs of the baby, until she will help decorate the baby's room. I just smiled to her then excuse us. During the shopping time, I couldn’t focus my self. I wonder how Yunho will react about this. I hope he come back soon.

 

Few days had passed. I braved my self to call Yunho because he wasn’t calling me. Unfortunately, Yunho couldn’t be in contact. The operator told me he was in charge of the border area and will return in two days. I left a message for him to contact me right away upon return.

I woke up in the mid-night because of nightmare. It was the same nightmare before Yunho left me. I heard Yoona footsteps, she run to my room upon hearing me screaming out loud. I was sweating like hell and sat in silent. The first thing that flashed in my mind is Yunho.

“Unnie, , ,  are you okay?”  Yoona woke me up from my shock.

 I told Yoona about my nightmare, but she said it’s just because I'm too exhausted. She told me to go back to sleep. I listened to what she said and closed my eyes, tried hard to forget those nightmare. The next morning, I heard Yoona speaking with someone in the front door when I woke up. I straightaway come afterward and surprised because her guest was a soldier. She burst into tears and sobs. I felt my knees weak and fell in the floor.

 

I was standing in silent, Yunho’s mother on my right side and Yoona on my left side. Jessica accelerated her return upon hearing the news. All of them were crying. I wonder do they not feel tired because they've been crying all night long. Meanwhile, in front of me there was a coffin which they said in it was Yunho. I really want to scold them. How could they say Yunho is dead? He has promised me to come home immediately. Even, I haven’t told about my pregnancy to him. All my hard work to deny this ing truth collapsed instantly as soon as they open the coffin so we could see Yunho for the last time. He lay there motionless. Even when I called his name, he didn't answer me. On his right cheek I saw lots of scratches. Yoona hugged me tightly. My tears started to flow when they closed the coffin and then they buried it accompanied by the sounds of a rifle in the air. He’s gone.

 

 

 

 

Nb : I'm so sorry it's not happy ending. It was hard for me to write this story because in the end Yunho leave Yuri (hiks,,hiks,,)

thanks for subscribe and comment this story.