Chapter 9

What Is Love?

“You don’t know anything!” Tao argued back, pushing Chen out of the way walking out of the kitchen 

You scooted back farther into hallway, hiding behind the closet door. 
 
“I won’t let you do this, besides it’s your fault you fell in love with her! You can let them play this little game of cat and mouse with you, but don‘t bring Myung Li into this. You took her away from me once; I won‘t let you do it again. ” Chen shouted grabbing Tao’s arm, he snatched away glaring at Chen. 
 
You leaned against the door.
 
“What is he saying…that it was a ‘mistake’ that he fell in love with me?” You asked yourself.  
 
“I swear , Zi Tao, if they lay one finger on her, I’ll make sure you’ll be the first person I go after.” 
 
You shook you’re head, “No, no! This can’t be right, I must be dreaming, I have to be…-”
 
At that moment your stomach dropped, hearing what you dreaded the most. 
 
“I was wrong for actually falling in love with her, but she became apart of this whole problem when she fell for me too.” 
 
Standing up, you took a deep breathe and stepped out into the living room.
 
“This is a joke right?” You said revealing yourself.
 
Chen and Tao both turned and faced you.
 
“M-Myung Li?” They said almost simultaneously.
 
“I can’t believe you two…” your voice shook as you spoke. 
 
“Li, wait you don’t understand we--” Chen intruded. 
 
“No! There’s nothing you can say to me, right now!” you yelled back, “I trusted you JongDae…and you keep this from me? Why!” 
 
“Myung Li, don’t yell at him, he’s not the one you should be scolding.” Tao spoke up. 
 
You swallowed the lump forming in your throat , “ How long?”
 
Tao stood in silence.
 
“Tao, how long…have you been hiding this from me.” You repeated. 
 
Tao looked at the ground before looking into your eyes, his mouth opened slowly as his words spilled out, “Li, it wasn’t suppose to be like this…”
 
“ I gave everything up for you! My career, I left my home, I left my life behind for you and this is how you repay me? Tao I wanted to start a new life with you..-” you cried.
 
Tao grabbed your arms and hugged you tightly.  
 
“I never wanted to hurt you in any way….please…Myung Li just understand and listen to me.” he said to you.
Your chest felt tight, and your legs went numb as he squeezed you tighter. 
 
“I-I don’t know what to do anymore, I really don’t.  You’ve betrayed me in the worst way Zi  Tao and Jong Dae….will I ever be able to forgive you?
 

A/N: -0- sorry it's so short...I kinda didn't want to give chapter 10 away....so comment and tell me what you think! :D