Chapter One: WHAT? I'M ENGAGED???

My Brother Is My Rival
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ehhhhh???" Yamada burst outrageously loud in front of his mom... "You can't do this to me okahsan..." 

"This is not fair! Why do you have to interfere with everything?" he continued.



"Ryosuke, my dear... That's what mothers do." Mrs. Yamada said with a giggle while arranging her flowers as if she enjoys torturing her son.

"Besides, Rio-chan is a nice girl. You'll get along with her just fine..." she continued still minding her own business.

"But..." Yamada answered in protest. He frowned at the idea and slumped down heavily on his chair giving the impression that he’s indeed against the thought  his mother just told him.

"No buts!! You better prepare to meet her soon... So get ready." Mrs. Yamada insisted leaving her son speechless in the middle of their living room.

"And please don't disappoint me..."



****************

 



Who would think an arrange marriage still exist in this era??

Yamada Chihiru and Yamada Noriko had always been good friends – best friends in fact, they decided to put into a deal that they marry their children in order to make closer contact with each other.

This thought of 2 individual families 'loving' each other is the one thought Yamada Ryosuke hates the most, the youngest son of the Yamada family.

Why does he hate it?
Well, Because of this, he is forced to marry the youngest daughter of Yamada family... Yamada Rio. Yes! They have the same surname which even made him drop down to his misery.
 


**************


*Horikoshi Gakuen*
 


"I hate her... Even though I haven't seen her personally, the fact that my mom likes her makes me mad!" Yamada told his best friends on what torture his mom is giving him at home.

"I can't believe your mom still believes in arrange marriage... I mean, what era are we on?" Yuto laughed after seeing Yamada so miserable on his chair because of the 'arrange marriage' idea. He took a sip from his juice and patted his best friend’s shoulder – basically his brother.

"As expected of your mom, Yama-chan... She never fails to amuse me..." Chinen continued the teasing still looking at the miserable Yamada.

"Laugh all you want... I will convince my mom to basically stop ruining my life..." Yamada reassured himself.
"I mean, I'm only 19 and she wants me to be a fiancé of another 18 year old girl... Ahhhgggggg" he continued and gave off a stressful expression.



*end of class*



"I got to go now guys... My mom just called me and wants me to meet my new "fiancé" at home..." Yamada said a sarcastic farewell to his friends as he emphasise the word 'fiancé' with his 2 fingers.

"Good luck to you..." the bunch shouted their support as they saw him leave the room. Within a flash, his figure disappeared out of the open waiting for his new chapter to begin – being engaged.



*************

 


"Yosh... Let's get this over with." Yamada whispered to himself as he attempts to enter the room. He clicked the door open and expected flowers thrown at him but just a deep breath escaped his lips as he thought of the idea.
As he opened the door to meet the people inside, he was greeted by wide smiles from his mom and also from 2 unfamiliar faces.

He saw a girl about his age sitting quietly at the end of the sofa in their living room.
"this must be her..." he thought.

"Ahhhh... Ryosuke. You're finally here. Come..." Mrs. Yamada offered a seat to her son next to her and introduced him to the Yamada family.

"This is my son..." she then looked at Rio who's sitting in front of her "and he'll be your future husband Rio-chan..." she continued giving a smile.

The girl smiled back.
"hai..." she said weakly then turned to Yamada... "yoroshiku onegaishimasu..."

Yamada was quite surprised:
"she agrees to marry me even though she doesn't know me?? Did my mom give her a potion or something??" he thought as he looked at the girl.

"Please take care of my daughter in the future Ryosuke-kun..." 
Ryosuke's daze got disturbed by Rio’s parents – smiling brightly at him. Their piercing smiles left a on his chest as he thought on how to escape this unfortunate happening.  Seriously… how does he reject this engagement?!!

"Ehh?? Emmm, that's what I want to talk about." Ryosuke suddenly opened up a serious conversation.

"Etou, I don't really want to marry your daughter. We don't even know each other. And, we're only 19. I'm sure you can understand right?" Ryosuke tried to explain that he is indeed against the idea of marriage.

"What are you saying Ryosuke??!!" Mrs. Yamada almost shouted at her son in front of the visitors.

Suddenly, Rio’s mother interrupted.
"We understand Ryosuke-kun..." she said with a half-smile. She eyed the boy with a subtle look but somehow made Ryosuke quite nervous. "You need time together right?? That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter