Faded Away [ ONE SHOT ]

Faded Away [ ONE SHOT ]

Song Jieun. A girl full of charisma. Full of ego. Full of hatred. She act like a diva. She turns everyone to her slave. She hates everyone that is not her level. She hates that. She never shows her evil side. So, everyone thought she is a nice person with her innocent face. Beside that, with her rotten heart, she reject a poor guy. An ugly guy. A guy with no money. A guy that is not her taste. Shortly, she never had an interest in love. For love, loving someone is like shooting her own head. Killing her own self. Giving herself trouble.

But,

Who knows ? A girl that is cold hearted, arrogant, ego and full of hatred might fall in love to a poor, and pitiful guy like him. A guy that she only saw a few times. After she throws so many bad words. She fall in love. With him.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

11.35 am
October 9, 2012 Tuesday – Seoul International Airport

“ Hello “ a navy blue hair girl answer a call from her IPhone while walking to the outside of the airport, pushing her trolley that full of her big luggage. “ I’m here. Where is the ing driver mom ? “ she ask the person she’s calling. “ Okay. If that driver isn’t here for more 5 minutes, I’ll ….. “ before she could finished her sentence, someone approach her.

“ Miss Song “ a guy with a complete uniform of a driver stand in front of her. “ Forget it. He’s here “ she hung up the call. “ You’re so early till I need to push my own luggage and even waited for you “ she gave a cynical smile. “ I’m sorry Miss. I was stuck in jam “ the driver bow several times and keep apologizing. She ignore him and walk to her car. She waited until the driver open the car door for her. But the driver is too slow until she need to shout. “ Could you please be faster ?! “

The driver moves faster and quickly open the door for her. She enter the car and sigh heavily. Frustrated. “ Why did I even come back here huh ? “ she mumbled to herself. But then, her phone rang. She peevish hard while answering the call. “ Yes mom “ and silence surround the car. The driver start driving. “ Did the driver have arrived ? “ the person which is known as her mom ask. “ Hmm “ she hum. Doesn’t feel like answering. “ Song Jieun, are you mad with me ? “ her mom ask. “ We’ll just meet at home. I’ll hung up now “ and she hung up the call.

 

On her way to her house, or she always call her house a mansion because it’s freaking big, the driver stop in front of a market that sells fresh product. She look outside of the window. “ Did we really need to use this road ? “ she ask the driver. “ Hmm ne Miss Song “ the driver answer slowly. Hmm, this guy might scared with me, she thought. “ I’m sorry to yell at you just now “ she told the driver, showing her fake kindness. “ It’s okay Miss Song “

I never use this road when going back home with dad when I was young ? Why did he need to use this road ? The traffic is jam. Duh, I really need fresh air. Jieun push the button to open the window but then she feel nausea because of the smell that comes from the market. “ Oh ! Why did I even open this window ? “ she shout and shut back the window. When the window was about to fully close, her eyes spot a figure in the market.

“ Handsome. But ugh poor one. He must be stink “ she mumbled to herself. She then took out her Ipad and check on her email. While checking her email, she was pull to look again on that guy she saw in the market. When she look again, the guy she saw isn’t there. “ Oh God ! Why did I even want to see his face ? “ she mad at herself.

***

I was cleaning fishes when I saw a long navy blue hair girl from the road. She open the window of her car. Wow, she looks impressive with that kind of look. I startled of her face. She’s a goddess. Anyone who owns her, must be so lucky. I smile to myself.

I was in fantasy looking at her. How she can’t stand the smell of this market. I can tell from her expression. “ Yah, aren’t you going to give my fish ? “ I was shocked by the voice of an ahjuma. “ Oh I’m sorry “ I apologize and hand out her fish. She paid for the fish and nag to me, “ Aish, you should pay attention to your work “ and walk away.

I smile to her nag. I never lose focus on my work. But, because of her, for the first time the customer mad at me. “ Yongguk-ah, come here and help me “ my employee call me. “ Ne “ I answered and hurriedly to the back.

>>> 

Finally, after a long journey and full of traffic jam, I’ve arrived to this ing great mansion. Oh if only my parents or at least my mom isn’t here, this will be so heaven. “ Jieun, my princess “ I heard someone call me from the back. I smile to myself. I know whose calling. I turn back and shout, “ Daaaad !! “ I run to him and hug him.

“ I miss my princess so much. Are you doing well ? “ Dad ask me. I nods. “ I miss you too Dad “ I replied and broke the hug. Dad ruffled my front hair and smile. I smile back to him. “ You must be tired right ? “ dad ask me. I stretch my body and nods lazily. Dad laugh.

“ Hmm so you won’t spend your time with me this time “ Dad looks like mumbling to himself. “ WHYYYYY ? “ I ask him, with my eyes wide open. “ Because I have some business for a few months and I will fly to London tomorrow “ Dad said. I pouted. “ Mom is coming with you right ? “ I ask Dad. Dad smile and nods.

“ I thought so. No wonder she ask me to come back home “ I nag. But then, I hear someone clearing throat. “ Song Jieun “ Ah mom. She always called my full name. “ Hmm “ I hum. “ So now you know you will be living in this heaven without me … “ Yeah right mom. Since you’re leaving, this mansion will be heaven, “… and Dad. I want you to behave “ she said.

“ Don’t do bad things. Understand ? “ she ask me. “ Darling, my princess will listen to you. Don’t be so strict to her “ Dad said and hug my head. “ Right princess ? “ dad ask. I nods happily. “ Yeah right. Oh and one more thing, this is Alice “ she introduce me to a girl next to her. “ She will be your personal maid “ mom said. I look at her. Oh, she so suit with that maid title. “ Okay “

***

As the day passes, Jieun treated Alice totally like a real maid. “ Alice !! “ Jieun shouted Alice’s name. “ Yes Miss Song “ Alice shout back, hurriedly to Jieun. “ Make me my latte and send to my room. Oh and pick my clothes and send it to the laundry. Then, you don’t have to cook dinner. I want you to buy me food from the restaurant “ Jieun said and walk to her balcony.

“ But Miss Song, my duty for today is over. My friend has come to pick me up “ Alice gave an excuses. Jieun turn around and widened her eyes. “ You want to go back or to get fired ? “ she gives her a creepy voice. Alice looks down. “ I’ll make your latte now “ and Alice make a way to the kitchen. After a few minutes, Alice sent Jieun’s latte and walk back downstairs, bringing Jieun’s clothes.

When she was about to go to the laundry and buy Jieun’s food, her ‘friend’ was already waited for her. “ Yongguk-ah “ she called his name. Yongguk turn back. “ Ah Alice-ah, what took you so long ? Didn’t you finished at 6 ? “ Yongguk ask. Alice nods. “ Yeah, but Miss Song will be needing me today. I’m sorry that I can’t cook for us today “ Alice didn’t tell the truth.

“ It’s okay. Miss Song ? “ As Yongguk said her name, he suddenly looks on a balcony. He saw a pretty with a long hair girl standing there, with a cup of drink on her hand. “ That girl ? “ Yongguk ask Alice, still looking at the figure. Alice look at where Yongguk is looking. “ Hmm “ Alice nods lightly. “ So pretty. She must be a nice employee right ? “ he ask.

Alice didn’t replied him. “ Yongguk-ah, I still need to work. You go back home first okay ? “ Alice said and walk. Yongguk followed after her. “ I’ll accompany you “ Yongguk said, giving his bestest smile. On their way to the laundry, “ Yongguk-ah, can I ask you something ? “ Alice start talking. “ What ? “ Yongguk ask. “ What make you say that girl just now is a nice employee ? “

Yongguk startled. “ Hmm because I just have a feeling about it “ he hesitate. “ She’s pretty huh ? “ Alice ask again. “ Hmm “ Yongguk replied. “ Whose prettier ? Me or her ? “ Alice suddenly ask, makes Yongguk stop walking. “ Huh ? I .. Aish, of course it’s you “ Yongguk laugh awkwardly.

I can tell you really don’t meant it, Alice thought.

***

It’s been 2 months since Alice been working here. And each time I pick her up, I saw the goddess Miss Song standing while looking around on her balcony. Did you ever notice me here ? The one that always looks on you each time my feet steps in front of this mansion of yours.

Today, I’m going again to that mansion to pick on Alice. I don’t know why but I feel uneasy. Did something happened to Alice ? I quickly chase away the bad thought that keeps coming into my mind. Maybe it was just my feeling. I walk hurriedly to the mansion and when I get closer, I saw Alice with someone in front of the mansion. Alice … crying ? Why ?

I walk to them and saw Alice hugging Miss Song ? Okay, hugging Miss Song legs ? “ Miss Song, please. I plead you. Don’t fired me “ Alice said. “ Fired ? “ I ask Alice. But she seems busy with this pretty lady. “ Get off my leg “ Miss Song said and push Alice harshly. When she was about to enter her mansion, Alice quickly get up and hold her hand. “ Miss Song please “ Alice plead again.

She turns back and out of sudden …

PANGG !!

“ Keep away your dirty hands from me, poor girl “ she said with a fierce expression. She’s nice huh Bang Yongguk ? “ We may be poor and dirty, but we have manners “ I told her and hold my fist. Prevent me from punching her face. She totally pissed me off. “ Come Alice. I’ll find you a better work. How can you work in this hell ? “ I pull Alice hand away.

>>> 

“ We may be poor and dirty, but we have manners “ he told me right after I said those words to this maid. This guy, who always took the maid with him. Why do I feel like I’ve seen him before ? And why do I feel like I want to see him even more ? Aish, Song Jieun. He is just like this maid. Poor and dirty.

“ Come Alice. I’ll find you a better work. How can you work in this hell ? “ he totally make me startled on my feet. “ Hell ? “ I said to myself after he pull that maid away. “ Well, hell to you, not me “

***

It’s been a week since I chase that maid out. And it’s been a week that I keep remind of that guy. Duh, I wonder why ? He’s not that handsome though. Well, since I was too bored staying at home plus keep remind of him, it’s better if I walk through the streets and shopping ! Yeahh !

This street is empty. Not so many people. Oh yeah, maybe because they’re working. Unlike me. I can just ask money from my parents. My life is such a perfect one. Fuhh ~

 

I feels like I’ve being followed. Is there really someone following me from behind ? Aish, why do everyone is not here ? Where is the public ? Why am I the only one who walk here ? I look around. I am really totally alone right now. I fastened my pace.

But then …

“ ARGHHHHHHHHH “

>>> 

“ ARGHHHHHHHHH “

I was sitting alone on a bench at the park when I heard screaming near my place. I stood up facing at the back and look around. But then, I spotted a group of drunkard. Oww drunkard in a light day, okay is surrounding something. I walk closer to them and took a peek. I saw a girl in the center.

“ Feels like knowing this girl “ I said to myself. Exactly ! Miss Song. That beautiful but arrogant and cruel lady. I was just about to help her if she’s not Miss Song. I walk away from my seeking place. But I feel uneasy. What if something bad happened to her ? I mean like, something really bad ?

I run back to her place. “ Stay away from her “ I shout at the drunkard. It is 4 drunkard standing in front of me. I took a deep breath. “ Who are you ? She’s my girl “ one of the drunkard said. “ I’m his boy “ and start punching them.

I keep fighting them and protect her. But I’m too weak. If I’m even alone, how can I be a hero defeating 4 drunkard with a big figure. Finally, I fell down on my knees. Blood were all over my body and face. My breath is rapid. “ Miss Song “ I called her name. She kneel in front of me, holding my shoulder.

“ Yah you’re bleeding too much. Let’s go to the hospital “ she try to help me up. But I pull her hand. “ You’re fine right ? You’re not hurt anywhere ? “ I ask her. “ I’m okay. Let’s go “ she try to help me again. But it’s all written. I’m too weak. I fall down to the ground. “ YAHHH !! “

The last words I heard from her before I faint out.

>>> 

“ YAHHH !! “

I shout to him. He fall down to the ground. And faint. I don’t know why but my tears fall down on my cheek. Aish, why did I cry for him ? I wipe my tears. I called my driver to come to my place. When he arrived, I ask him to take this guy who save me to the hospital.

 

It’s been a week since he was admitted to the hospital. And it’s been a week I spend my life in this hospital. It’s so weird. I will never spend my whole time even if the one lying on this bed is my sister or what. But him, I’d rather die than letting him alone. Because I know, he will recover. He will open his eyes again.

But today. I feel like cheating to myself. I keep telling to myself that he will look the world again, but until now he still there. Lying on the bed. Not moving. Why am I feeling so sad ? Is it because he couldn’t give me what I want ? I just want him to open his eyes again.

“ Yongguk-ah. Bang Yongguk “

 

Flashback

“ Did you know where is Alice’s house ? “ I ask the driver. “ Why Miss ? “ he ask me back. “ I need her to give me this guy information. The hospital ask for it “ I told the driver. “ I’ll find her for you “ the driver said. “ Thank you “ I thanked him.

I was about to walk back into the room he was placed when, “ Bang Yongguk “ the driver said a name. I turn back, “ Huh ? “ I expecting for an answer. “ His name is Bang Yongguk “

Flashback end

 

“ Miss Song “ someone called my name. I turn back and saw the maid. “ After a week, I can only find you ? “ I ask her with a serious face. She looks down. “ I didn’t know he was knocked down “ she replied me. “ You didn’t know ? Oh haha. Then, don’t you even realize that he’s not home for a week ?!! “ I shout at her. She still looking down.

“ I’m sorry Miss Song “ she can only apologize. “ Give his information to the information counter. They need it for record “ I said to her and walk out from the room.

 

That evening, I went back to his room to check on him. I look around. There’s no Alice. I look at him. Look through his face. “ Yah Bang Yongguk. You pabo-ah. Don’t you know the effect for not giving me what I want ? “ I pouted and hit him on his arm.

Suddenly my tears fall down without noticing.

“ Why did you do this to me ? Why can’t you wake up ? Why ? You like seeing me suffering like don’t you ? Don’t you know it’s hard to see me like this ? Didn’t Alice tell you before ? Because of you, my ego faded away. Because of you, I broke the rules that I made myself “

I hit his arm again.

“ You pabo-ah. Ani. I’m a fool. Why did I fall in love with you ? Why must you’re the one I’m in love to ? You’re not even my type. You’re not that handsome and rich. And the most important is, you’re not even liking me. I don’t have manners right ? “

“ Aish, this tears ! Why did it even have to fall at this time ?! “ I wipe my tears harshly away. “ Yah Bang Yongguk ! I love you. Please wake up from your deep sleep. I don’t want you to keep dreaming. I want you to see the reality. The reality that I love you “

I fall to the ground. My tears can’t stop falling. Is this how it feels to not being loved by the others ? How can I be so heartless before ?

 

I walk out of the room. When I closed the door, I saw Alice beside me. She doesn’t look at me. But I know she’s crying. She must have heard what I said before. “ Don’t ever think about telling him “ I warn her. It’s not that I’m mad at her.

But, mostly because I don’t want to hurt her anymore. I can see from her eyes. She loves him.

“ Get inside “

***

“ Hello dad “ Jieun called her dad as soon as she arrived home. “ Dad, I need to go back to Paris. I got something important to do “ she told her dad. No. She lied to her dad. “ Okay then. Have a safe trip Princess. I’ll book a ticket for you now. You wanna fly tonight ? “ her dad said. She smile to herself. “ Yeah “

After finished packing her luggage, she pull her luggage downstairs. “ Miss Song, where are you going ? “ the chief maid ask her. She look at the chief maid and smile. “ I’m going back to Paris. Please look on this house “ she replied the chief maid.

“ This is the first time “ the chief maid said. “ First time what ? “ Jieun ask her. “ You smile to me “ the chief maid replied. Jieun chuckle. “ Really ? Aish, I should’ve have smile a lot before “ Jieun mumbled.

***

Finally, I’ve arrived at this airport. I sit on a long chair waiting for my flight. My flight departure is on 10 pm. Now, the time is still 9 pm. Oh how early I arrived. Could it be I can’t wait to leave or I can’t stand another minute here ? I don’t know.

Feels like the breeze, the time passes so fast. It’s finally time for me to get on the flight. I stood up and pull my luggage. But then, someone hold my hand that I used to pull the luggage.

“ If I’m the one who makes you ego faded away, could you please say it once more time ? “ that voice. I know that voice. I heard it before he fainted out that day. I startled. But then, I came back to my senses. I pull my hand harshly.

“ I can’t remember “ I said angrily and walk away. But then, I feels like my body is flying. He pull me again. He pull me into his embrace. “ I love you too “ he said that. He said that magical words. I startled. My eyes formed a pure crystal. In less than a second, the crystal broke into pieces and fall down on my cheeks.

“ Alice told me everything “ I push him away from me. I look at him. “ How can you ditch from the hospital ? Did you know how expensive I pay for your bill ? And now you stand in front of me with this hospital clothes still on talking nonsense ? “ I nag to him.

He smile. “ Why are you smiling ? Are you fully recovered ? You surely not. Have you go insane ? “ I ask him. “ Song Jieun “ he called my name. “ Yah ! How dare you call me by my name ? “ I widened my eyes. “ I heard you. What you said to me. I know you’re crying. I know you’re hurt. Even though my eyes closed “ he said.

My tears falls again. I wipe my tears again. He pull me again. Into his hug. “ Please don’t cry anymore. I can’t see my baby girl in a sad face “ he my hair.

“ How come you’re here ? You still not recover “ I ask him. He broke the hug. He put his hand around my waist. “ I came for you. I don’t want you to leave me “ I push him lightly. I took my luggage. I pull his hand with me and walk to the entrance door. But then, he stop me.

“ Where are we going ? “ he ask me. “ Send you back to the hospital. I can’t see my baby boy is in this condition “ I told him and pull his hand again. But then, he pull me to him. And landed his lips on mine. He wrapped his hand around my waist and hug me tight.

After a few moment, he broke the kiss. “ I feel healthier now “

 

 

--THE END--