There’s always a reason.

There's always a reason.

 

 

 

 

“I like you.” Luhan confessed

Minseok was taken aback. His eyes softened upon registering what the other has just said. He smiled. “I like you too, Luhan.” So effin much.

 

 

 

 

Minseok was awoken by the sound of his alarm clock. He doesn’t really want to wake up. He only wants to glue himself to his bed. But that is not entirely possible. They have a schedule and lazing around wouldn’t help. Five more minutes. He thought as he pushed the snooze button.

 

 Luhan was rather cheerful that day. He wasn’t really one of the first to wake up every morning but that day is an exemption. He was stretching his arms on the way to the kitchen when he spotted Yixing. “Good morning, Xing!” he greeted.

“Oh, you’re up early today!”

“Of course.” He beamed.

“Aren’t we too excited?”

He nodded while his eyes searching for someone. “Where’s Baozi?” he asked

“Still asleep, I guess?”

“Weird. He’s usually the first to wake up!” he muttered. “Is Tao still asleep too?” he followed up.

“No. I think I saw him go out a while ago. He’s as excited as you, you know?”

“Oh yeah.” He smiled “Wait. I’ll just go wake Baozi up.”

 

Luhan knocked on the door of Minseok and Tao’s shared room. “Baozi!” he called. “Come on, wake up! It’s getting late!” he waited for an answer. None.“Hey, are you listening?” still no reply.

Minseok’s already covered his ears with his pillows. Argh. Why is Luhan so annoying? He tried going back to sleep but the said annoying man still keeps on knocking on the door. Just ignore him, Minseok. He will stop.

 “Ya Kim Minseok! If you don’t come out I’ll go inside!” he threatened.

Just blab all you want, Luhan. I am not getting out of this bed. He thought.

Luhan turned the doorknob. He’s going to drag Minseok out of his bed. Minseok heard the door opened. He did not flinch. I’m still asleep. I’m still asleep. Don’t bother me, Luhan.

“Baozi…” he started. “Come on, wake up!”

“It’s too early, Luhan.” He finally said.

“Oh come on! You’re already awake. All you have to do is get out of the bed.”

“Don’t want to.”

“Stop being so stubborn.”

“Am not.”

“Do you really want me to drag you out of your bed?” he questioned

No reply.

“Minseok!!!” he yelled.

Still no reply.

“I guess you really want me to drag you out.”

Minseok felt Luhan’s hands on both of his legs. He wouldn’t dare.

“Still not waking up, I see?” he threatened as he started pulling him out of the bed.

“Luhan, stop right now!” Minseok demanded.

“Only if you get out of your bed. Now.” He commanded.

“Why the hell are you so work out?” he questioned

“Because” he gave him his best smile. Minseok got it.

“Because…” he echoed. He doesn’t really sound as cheerful as Luhan.

Luhan’s always extra cheerful every time there is a chance to meet up or any activity with the K in it. His eyes always shimmering, his whole body emits this glowing aura you can also see in manhwa. He is always on full force. And Minseok knew exactly why. And he doesn’t really like it.

“What’s with the gloomy face?” Luhan questioned

“Because you woke me up, idiot.”

“For your information, you’re already awake. You’re just not… getting out of the bed.” He countered

“Whatever.”

“Are you not excited?”

Is there something to be excited about? “I am.” He lied. Well, maybe a bit. He’s still excited to see some of the members of K. And it’s kind of nostalgic. He’ll get to be with the K in a Chinese-speaking country. That sounds so much fun. But then again,there’s Sehun, of course. It’s not because he doesn’t like the kid. It’s more of like he’s just kind of getting on his nerves for always getting Luhan’s attention. For making Luhan so happy, for making him make a fool out of himself. He’s just a little bit jealous. Yeah. That’s it. Only a little bit...

“Doesn’t really show on your face.” Luhan commented

Minseok gave a force grin. “See? I’m excited.”

Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

 

Luhan was kind of jumpy even on their way to the airport. He keeps on chanting “we’re going to see K~~ we’re going to do happy camp together with K~~~” for like, God knows, how many thousand times already. He’s even squealing like a fangirl. He even pestered the dorm-cleaning aunties telling them about how they’re having a schedule today with K. He’s worst than Tao who is like a super fan of EXO12 and even collects their own photocards. Minseok’s getting pissed so he decided to get his ipod and place his earphone over his ears. He ignored Luhan the whole time they were on their van.

When they reached the airport, Luhan seemed to be much more excited and energetic. He doesn’t stop blabbering. Minseok cannot help but rolled his eyes. He just went beside Tao or Yi Fan and sometimes Chen. He doesn’t really want to witness Luhan’s fangirling moments so he avoided him at all cost.  

Then there’s a bam.

 

Minseok’s eyes widened as he saw Luhan’s head bumped on the glass. He heard Yi Fan murmured something like “What an idiot” in Mandarin. He nodded in agreement.  

Yixing was laughing at his best friend’s dumbness. “Seriously, Luhan.”

“Ow.” He scowled. He looked at Minseok who is staring at him with disbelief. He looked concerned. He smiled apologetically. The other just dismissed it.

 

When they went pass the immigration, Luhan’s back to being cheerful and started blabbering again. Sometimes, Minseok wishes he has tape or glue or anything to make Luhan’s mouth shut. Or then again, he could just kiss him to shut him up. He shook his head. What the hell was I thinking?

While Minseok was busy plotting something on Luhan’s mouth, he heard another bam again. AGAIN!!! He shook his head in disappointment. He saw the other looking at him again waiting for some reassurance from him. He dismissed him and gave him a you-deserve-that look and muttered, “Idiot”.

Luhan pouted.

 

 

If you have any words for being so much more happier than someone who just had a happy pill, if there really is one, then that’s Luhan when he finally get reunited with the K. He hugged each one of them. He bombarded them with questions like, are you excited? How was the flight? Did you get jetlag? How was the food? Did you like it? And so much more. 

Tao expressed his undying love for K by crying, sobbing, crying, sobbing…and crying. Yi Fan just made that ‘I-am-still-the-coolest-person’ look while greeting them with, “wussup!” Chen felt nostalgic hearing so many people speaking in Korean. He felt home. Yixing was just blank. And Minseok was… what do I feel?

 Then he saw Baekhyun.

“Hyung!” he shouted

“Baekhyunnie!” he cheered

The said Baekhyun went after him and gave him a bone-crushing hug. “Missed you!”

“It’s not like we have not seen each other last month.”

“Geez. Don’t ruin the mood. I’ve been rehearsing this scenario from the airplane!”

Atleast there’s Baekhyun to keep him far… far away from Luhan. He felt relieved.

 

 

Luhan knocked on the door. They’re leaving for the Happy Camp rehearsal and he just want to be with Minseok. He found himself missing the boy more and more while being with Kai and Sehun for the past 1-2 hours. He felt sorry for neglecting him a while ago. 

“Come in.” Minseok said

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah?”

“Then let’s go down?”

“Still waiting for Baekhyun.” He smiled

Luhan felt a sudden pain at his heart. Was I jealous? No, of course not. 

“You’re avoiding me.” Luhan said. Pout evident on his cute cheeks.

“Am not.” Minseok defended not looking back because he cannot resist the cute Luhan in front him.

“Yes, you do.”

“Am not.”

“Is that all you can say?”

“Am---“

Luhan waved him off. Stupid Minseok “See you downstairs.”

 

 

Minseok was exhausted from the recording, from the performance and most especially from being jealous. Luhan was all clingy around Sehun most no, all of the time. He was always with Sehun. Sehun this, Sehun that. He’s tired of it. Luhan usually gave him his full attention when there’s no Sehun. How he wishes there was no K at that moment. How he wishes it’s just them recording at that time. He craved Luhan’s attention so effin much. It freaks the hell out of his mind. He was acting so childish he knew that. But it can’t be helped.

Baekhyun nudged him from behind. “Hyung, what’s with the expression? You look like you’re going to eat Sehun and Luhan alive.” He whispered

“I did?” he whispered back smiling causing a lot of cheers from the fans. “Omg it’s XiuBaek! XiuBaek!”

Luhan cannot help but frown at the exchange of intimacy between the two people 1 or 2 feet away from him. He clinged to Sehun causing another cheer from the fans. “It’s Hunhan!” “Omg, Hunhan!!!” “It really is real”

Xiumin sighed.

 

 

After the recording, small dinner and get together, the inevitable must happen. It’s the never-ending parting ways from K and M.

“Don’t forget to ring me when you guys have safely landed, okay?” Minseok told Baekhyun

“Yeah, yeah. Miss you already, Hyung!” he joked

“As if!” he stated

Luhan who was watching them cannot help but mimic the “two love birds”. “Miss you already, Hyung.” He pouted.

“Hyung, what? You miss what?” Sehun asked a little oblivious.

“Nothing, nothing. Don’t mind me. Take care of yourself Sehun-ah! And don’t let your other hyungs bully you.” He advised.

“I know, I know. And don’t worry they do not bully the cute Thehun.” He grinned.

 

 

 

The group didn’t have a schedule the following day. Tao went out shopping together with Chen. Yixing was with Yi Fan playing basketball at the park. Minseok was just at the living room reading some Korean-Mandarin dictionaries. And then there’s creepy Luhan staring at the poor prey named Minseok.

Should I ask him out? No, no, no. That would look like a date, right? But it’s just a friendly date. Nope, still nope. How about cleaning? Err.. but that would be boring, right? Should I just offer myself to teach him Mandarin? But he always complains I am not a patient teacher. Playing soccer? Right! He wouldn’t refuse that one. Luhan debated with himself like a crazy man from the mental.

“Luhan, I can see you. What do you want?” Minseok asked

“I…” he stuttered. Idiot, idiot. Why are you stuttering? He would think you are nervous. But I am really nervous. Err.. “Let’s play soccer.” He finally said it a little louder than expected that made Minseok flinched a little.

“I’m busy.” Minseok declined.

“Ya! You’re just reading that plain dictionary. I can teach you better Mandarin than that dictionary, you know?”

“I’m going to clean the dorm.” He corrected

“We have auntie to do that.” Luhan countered.

“I’m going shopping.”

“I’ll come with you”

“Na, I changed my mind. I’ll just sleep.”

“Let’s sleep together then?” Luhan still insisted. Minseok widened his eyes.

“What do you want, Luhan?”

YOU. He thought but of course he couldn’t say it just because. “I just want to hang out with you.”

“No reason for you to do so.”

“Do I always need a reason to hang out with you?”

“Yes.” He said bitterly and walked out of the dorm

“The hell is wrong with you Baozi!!!” he shouted at the retreating figure of Minseok. The other not looking back to respond or something.

 

Luhan was kind of upset.. wait. He was really upset because of what happened yesterday. He can no longer count the times Minseok rejected his offer or anything related to him. He doesn’t talk much. What the hell is his problem? He is driving me crazy!!! The said snob Minseok has been avoiding anything with Luhan. The only time he can actually try to make contact or conversation with him is through recordings or interviews. Bless the recordings and interviews. It’s not like Minseok would ditch him in front of the camera. So yeah. He used those times to ask him things such as, “Why are you avoiding me?” but the other would just reply with a smile. Then he would ask, “I knew it. You hated me!” and Minseok would look at him with those puppy eyes he’s so adorable he just want to pinch him. Damn it. The guy is obviously playing with him. He scratched his head in frustration.

 

The next recording was much more frustrating. He tried hugging Minseok but the other didn’t seem to mind hiding his disgust. It pains him. What have he really done to make the other avoid him to this extent?

His eyes lighten up when he heard the MC asked Minseok to do a demonstration of CPR. One cannot demonstrate CPR without a partner, right? Unless if they were not talking about the same CPR here. But of course they were. He hurriedly volunteered himself. Wait, what if Minseok hated him more for doing this? He hesitated. But his evil best friend pushed him to Minseok side. “Go!” he said and so he didn’t hesitate any longer and lay down the cold floor anticipating Minseok’s kiss..I mean rescue breathes.

Minseok looked flustered. What should I do? Should I do rescue breathing to Luhan? Why the hell did he volunteer?

“I am only doing this for the show.” Minseok whispered to Luhan

“Yeah, right. I know you are dying to kiss me.” Luhan teased. And I am also dying to kiss you too.

And so it happened. In the middle of the demonstration and loud cheers from the fan, Minseok did the CPR. Or Kiss as Luhan would call it. And everything was a blur.

But just like Cinderella, everything happened so fast and before he knew it they were back to square one. Minseok continued to avoid him like a plague.  

 

That night he hostage the person who is like the closest person to Minseok; this is only according to Luhan’s observation. Since neither this person nor Minseok said they were really close. But yeah, he still thought this person knew the reason why Minseok is avoiding him. And he was right. But there is a problem.

“I wouldn’t tell you, Ge.” Tao said firmly.

“Tell me or I am going to kick your , Zi Tao!” he threatened.

“As if that would scare the hell out of me? You know I can make you fly out of the dorm with just one kick, right?”

 “You wouldn’t dare. I’m still your gege.”

“It depends.”

It can’t be helped. He needed to use his charms to make Zi Tao talk and so..”Tao dear,” he started his puppy eyes showing “Luhan gege is upset” he pouted. “Your Minseok-gege’s avoiding your Luhan gege. What should he do?” he pouted once more. “Hmm?”

“Aish, gege! Stop acting so cute!”

“Tell me now please?” he batted his eyelashes

“Not buying it.”

“Aish Zitao!!!” he screamed. “If you don’t tell me the reason I am so going to burn all your Exo Photocards!” he threatened. “And yes, I don’t care if you kick my or punch me in the face. I don’t think President Soo Man would want the visual of M to get bruises.” He smiled triumphantly. He would definitely win this argument seeing fear on Tao’s eyes.

 

 

“So you were jealous?” Luhan seated beside Minseok in the sofa of their living room.

“What are you talking about?” Minseok doesn’t get where the other’s coming from.

“You are avoiding me because you’re jealous?” he smiled proudly.

“Says who?” Minseok defended himself

“Says Tao.”

“That kung fu giant…” he muttured. He heard Luhan giggled.

“So you were really jealous!” he grinned.

“Am not.” He denied

“Stop denying, Baozi. And besides there’s nothing to be jealous about.” He assured

Minseok rolled his eyes. Yeah right.

“Oh come on! Believe me. The only reason I was happy that day is because of you”

“How can that be because of me?” Minseok questioned.

“Of course, you’ll be able to see our Korean brothers. I think you’re already having a hard time hearing everyone speak in Mandarin. It was stressful. Being in some unknown place, forced to speak some unknown language, people making fun of you. I know. I’ve been there. Done that. So, I was just happy…” he trailed off “..coz I want you to be happy.”

Minseok was touched. But he can’t let his defenses down. “But I still think you’re much more happier when Sehun’s around” he said bitterly

“That’s not entirely true.” Luhan defended

“You glow around him.” Minseok stated

“I think I glow around you more.” He countered. Minseok was speechless. “Look, remember when I told you I like you?”

“I said I like you back…”

“I didn’t mean it that way.”

“What way?”

“I mean I like you more than as a friend?”

Minseok just formed an ‘O’ shape on his lips.

“And actually… I think I am way over the liking you stage already.” He smiled.

“Do you think…” Luhan hushed him with a kiss. “I think we should continue the CPR don’t you think? I think I need oxygen. Can you give me yours?” he grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yey, hello fail fluff. Because I am such a fail and I just need to write something because I am feeling extremely sad right now.