O N E

The Visual Love

 

//Past//

“Ahhhh! –Ahahahaha”

Little eight year old Jinri screamed while laughing on the grass as little dirty faced Jongin was tickling her on top of her.

“Stop it, Jongin! I’m sorry-ahahahahaha,”

“Yah! I told you to call me oppa! This is your punishment for putting paint on my face AND for not calling me oppa!”

“I’m sorry! Please-ahahahaha! Just stop! I’ll do anything for you to stop!”

When Jongin heard that, he immediately stopped tickling her. He smirked devilishly at her.

“Really? First, call me oppa. Second, dinner at my house. Umma will want to see you and your parents. And last, kiss me on the cheek,” Jongin said as he pointed his cheeks to her.

“First, fine I’ll call you oppa. Second, okay! That’s good so my umma won’t have to cook and I miss Auntie Kim’s cooking! And last, eww no,” Jinri stuck her tongue at him.

“No? Do you want me to tickle you again, Miss Choi?” Jongin playfully raised his eyebrow.

Jinri widened her eyes, “NO! Don’t do it, Mister Kim OPPA.”

“Then, where is my kiss?” Jongin tapped his cheeks.

Jinri rolled her eyes. She gave Jongin a peck on the cheek and quickly look away so Jongin will not see her red cherry tomato face.

“Happy now, oppa?”

“Definitely!” Jongin grinned.

“Let’s go at my house. It’s getting late. Call your parents from my house,” he continued while standing up and offered his hand to Jinri.

 

//Present//

“Oppa! Do you want to go and practice some dance moves?” Jinri asked Jongin when she saw him walking at SM Hall.

“Oh, Jinri! Sorry, Jinnie. Soojung asked me to help her with her dance moves too. Do you want to join us?”

Jinri pouted as she got rejected for the 2897389179239th time.

“No, it’s okay. I don’t want to disturb you guys. Have fun!” Jinri faked a smile while Jongin patted her head and left.

##

Jinri went outside and took a walk at the park. She found a bench and sat on it. She was looking at the atmosphere of the park. It reminded of her childhood days with Jongin. She missed those days. Thinking of it, she shed a tear.

Maybe, Jongin likes Soojung. I mean, of course he would like her. She is pretty, y and cute at the same time, just like his type! And I’m not pretty like her. Not y like her. I’m just a giant baby. Who would even like me? Maybe true love doesn’t exist! ,Jinri thought.

While she was silently crying on the bench, Taemin was walking around the park, puffing his cheeks, hands inside his jeans pockets and was bored. When Taemin saw his crush crying, he quickly ran towards her and sat beside her.

“Jinri,” Taemin said, “Are you okay? What happened?”

Jinri looked up and saw Taemin sitting beside her. She didn’t say anything but she just cried louder at Taemin’s shirt. Taemin didn’t know what to do, hugged her and tried to comfort her.

“It’s okay, Jinri. You can just… cry on my shirt. I’ll just wash it later. Let out your feelings. I’ll be here for you,” Taemin her hair softly as Jinri hugged him back tighter.

“I hate this feeling! Why does love even exist?! It just makes people go mad! I hate it I hate it I hate it!” Jinri cried harder.

Taemin heart broke when he heard that Jinri loves someone already. But he knew he can’t force her to be his.

“Let it out, Jinri. You can tell me everything. Maybe I can help you.”

So then, Jinri told him everything; her crush, her childhood days, about Jongin and Soojung. Jinri also stopped crying, but her eyes were still puffy and red.

“I see. You liked Jongin since you were kids?” Taemin asked.

Jinri blushed and nodded, “But I think he likes Soojung. She is totally his type! I mean, she has a perfect body, more talented, pretty, y, fun and perfect.”

“You’re pretty and perfect too, Jinri. Why wouldn’t anyone like you? I’m sure any guy wants to be your boyfriend.”

Jinri blushed more, “What about you, oppa?”

“What about me?”

“Your crush. Or secret girlfriend.”

“My crush,” Taemin started, “One word. Perfect.”

Jinri scoffed, “I want more information!”

Taemin chuckled and patted her head, “She is something I can’t describe. She is just too perfect. But she doesn’t like me. She likes someone else.”

“Aww. Aren’t you heartbroken or something, oppa? You didn’t look sad,” Jinri looks at him weirdly.

“I am heartbroken, Jinri. I’m just not showing it, silly. I don’t want anyone to know,” Taemin chuckled again.

“Hey, I have an idea. I’m not sure if you want to do it or not. But…” Taemin said.

“But what?” Jinri asked.

“Let’s make Jongin jealous.”

“What?!”

“Let’s make Jongin jealous. To know if he likes you, not Soojung. Be my fake girlfriend.”

Jinri was speechless but she wondered if it’ll be true or not, if Jongin really likes her.

“Fine. Let’s do it.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Sure!”

Taemin grinned. Eventhough Jinri is not his, at least she can still be his fake girlfriend. And eventhough he is heartbroken, he wanted his crush to be happy.

##

Taemin and Jinri were walking down the SM Halls, hands interlocking with each other, still couldn’t believe that Soo Man accepted their fake relationship by just using their aegyos. They were talking and talking while holding hands and accidentally bumped into Jongin and Soojung, who were walking towards the canteen to see the others.

“Taemin? Jinri?” Jongin asked while staring at Taemin’s and Jinri’s hands together.

“Oh hey oppa, Soojung!” Jinri said as she squeezed Taemin’s hand.

“What’s up, Jongin and Soojung!” Taemin waved with his other hand.

“You’re… dating?” Soojung asked.

Taemin and Jinri looked at each other and nodded.

“Yeah! Soo Man accepted our relationship, right Jinri Baby?”

“Mmhm! I’m glad he accepted it,” Jinri giggled.

“I see,” Jongin nodded, “We’re heading to the canteen. Let’s go, Soojung.”

Jongin walked past the couple, dragging Soojung with him.

“That’s weird. Let’s go to the canteen too! And maybe also announce them about us?” Taemin bit his lip.

“Okay. Let’s go!” Jinri holds his hands tightly and walks to the canteen.

Taemin felt butterflies in his stomach, every time Jinri touches him. Taemin was really happy eventhough he knew this was just fake.

When they arrived at the canteen, they saw SM Family eating and talking in a large table that fits the whole family. When the family saw the couple holding hands, they stopped what they were doing. Sooyoung’s and Yoona’s buns fell down to their plate, Suho, Chanyeol, Kris and Changmin stopped slurping their noodles, Yuri stopped drinking her drink but the straw is still in and everybody dropped their jaws and look at the couple from head to toe. Taemin noticed that Jongin, who was sitting beside Soojung and Luhan, was glaring at him.

“Err, hi?” Jinri awkwardly greeted.

Still, silence.

..

..

“OH MY GOSH YOU ARE DATING?!” Victoria shouted happily.

The couple shyly nodded.

“AWW YEAH! YOU GUYS OWE ME TEN THOUSAND WONS DUDES!!” Jonghyun said to Xiumin, D.O and Kyuhyun.

“ME TOO!” Chanyeol and Tao said.

“Yah! Were we in some kind of bet?” Jinri snapped.

“Well, yeah! Our giant baby needs a guy by her side. So, we chose some guys for you,” Jonghyun said.

“Like Taemin, Jongin, Sehun, Minho, Donghae, Heechul, Baekhyun, Luhan and the list goes on,” Chanyeol continued.

The couple gave them a death glare.

“What?” Chanyeol innocently blink his eyes.

“Anyway,” Xiumin said, “Why don’t you kiss?”

The couple blushed. Now everyone was interested.

“OHMAIGAD. I’m gonna cry seeing my baby all grown up,” Luna dramatically said.

“What are you waiting for?!” Lay shouted.

“KISS!!” Key shouted.

Everyone except Jongin was chanting, “KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS!”

Taemin quietly whispered to Jinri, “What do we do?”

“I-It’s okay, Taemin. Let’s show them how true we are.”

“O-Okay. Just follow my lead.”

Jinri snickered quietly and they faced each other. They leaned slowly and Jinri could see that Taemin’s lips is a few centimetres away from hers. She closed her eyes when she felt Taemin’s lips touched hers. His lips were soft and she gasped a little when she felt Taemin’s tongue inside . She remembered to follow his lead, so she followed him. Jinri’s tongue started to battle with Taemin’s tongue and they started a tongue battle. But their passionate kiss broke when the two nearest persons of the couple, Yuri and Minho, pulled them away.

“Okay! Okay! That’s enough of kissing, you maknaes!” Yuri said with a slight tone of jealousy.

“Oh, noona. You can always do it with me,” Minho smiled cheekily while Yuri blushed and punched his arm.

“Yah, Yuri is mine, Minho!” Jessica exclaimed.

“Aniya! Yuri is mine!” Yoona said.

“No! Yuri is mine!” Tiffany said.

Yuri just rolled her eyes.

“Come on. Sit down, maknaes,” Yuri shooed Minho to move for Taemin and Jinri to sit.

The couple sat down and everyone started doing their own business. Taemin saw Jongin was giving him a death glare before he stood up.

“I-I’m gonna go,” Jongin said as he exited to the door and Jinri watched him leave.

“Oppa, I wanna go to the restroom. Can you order me a bubble tea and sandwich?”

“Yeah, sure,” Taemin said and he went to one of the stalls in the canteen.

Jinri went out the canteen and tried to find Jongin. She was glad that he hasn’t left. He was still walking though, but he is walking slowly.

Act Jinri. Act. , Jinri thought to herself.

“Oppa?” Jinri called out and walked towards Jongin, “Oppa, are you okay? You acted pretty weird just now.”

“I-I’m fine, Jinri-ah.”

“But you don’t look so happy for me and Taemin Oppa.”

“I-I... I just… I am happy for you two. Now I need some time alone.”

“At least, please tell me where you are going.”

“It’s none of your business, Jinri. Now go back to that boyfriend of yours,” Jongin coldly said to Jinri as he left.

Jinri felt her eyes were teary because of his tone. Could this be their ending friendship?

##

After two weeks of Taelli dating, things are not normal. Jongin is avoiding Jinri, Jinri is always sad and sometimes she cried, Taemin couldn’t help but feel sad that Jinri loved Jongin too much.

Exo-K went to f(x) dorm since Victoria invited them to have a dinner. Victoria wanted to invite Exo-M as well but they had to leave to China. Suho, D.O, Victoria and Luna were chatting at the dining table and the others were watching a drama except Jinri. Jinri was in hers and Soojung’s room. She laid down her bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Suddenly, she heard the door creaked open and she turned her head to see who came in her room. She saw and it was Jongin.

“What are you doing here?” Jinri said to Jongin coldly.

Jongin winced a little because of her tone before softly answered her, “I just wanted to talk.”

Jinri sighed and sat properly on the bed, “What is it?”

“Jinri,” Jongin said as he sits on her bed in front of her, “I’m really sorry for what I’d done to you. I-I didn’t mean it.”

“Yup. Sure you don’t. I forgive you. Now leave if you may.”

“Wait,” Jongin snapped, “I also have something to tell you.”

“And that is?” Jinri raised her eyebrow.

“I-I like you, Jinri. I always have. I know you already have a boyfriend. But I can’t keep this feeling inside of me anymore.”

Jinri couldn’t say anything. She was paralyzed.

“Jongin…”

“I’m sorry. I’ll take my leave now,” Jongin stood up and started to walk towards the door but Jinri holds his arm.

“I like you too, Jongin-ah. You don’t know how hurt it feels when I always saw you with Soojung.”

Jongin turned around and saw that Jinri’s eyes were full of tears.

“But what about Taemin?”

Jinri chuckled and sniffed, “Taemin Oppa is my fake boyfriend. We wanted to make you… jealous.”

Jongin chuckled, “Well you certainly did make me feel jealous. But doesn’t Taemin likes you?”

 “What do you mean? He likes someone else, not me. He said that she is too perfect but she likes someone else.”

“Jinri, Taemin and I were once best friends when we were trainees. He tells me everything because he can’t keep it to himself. He needed to let it out so he feels relieved. So Taemin tells me everything.”

“And you just knew that you liked me when I started dating Taemin Oppa,” Jinri rolled her eyes.

“Aniya. I already knew it since the time you kissed me on the cheek when we were eight.”

“But why were you always with Soojung? That’s not cool!” Jinri pouted.

“I only did that because I thought you didn’t like me back so I kinda needed to avoid you to not always think about you all the time.”

“Psh, playing with girls’ feelings. Not so cool. Not cool at all,” Jinri muttered while pouted more and crossed her arms.

“I wish I can kiss your pout now but I’m not sure if I can,” Jongin bit his lip.

“No, you can’t kiss me ‘cause I am still Taemin oppa’s property,” Jinri stuck out her tongue.

“But you are just faking it!”

“Yeah but Taemin is so sweet and kind. He does everything for me to make me happy. I can’t just break his heart when you just told me that he likes me.”

“Then what are you gonna do?” Jongin asked her.

“I’d be Taemin oppa’s girlfriend of course! I do like him.”

“You like two guys? Tsk tsk, such a player.”

“I am not! I like Taemin oppa because he is sweet and patient. I like you because you are… weird. I don’t know why I like you,” Jinri shooks her head hopelessly teasing him.

“Yah! But you did anyway and I like you back. It breaks my heart to see you with him.”

“But Jongin-“

“Yah! I told you to call me oppa! I’ve said to you that since we were eight!”

Jinri chuckled, “Oppa, I cannot break someone’s innocent heart. Their hearts –our hearts- are too precious, sensitive. Taemin oppa didn’t do anything wrong, but you did.”

She scoffed lightly.

“But I had to!” Jongin pouted.

“That’s enough. Let’s go to the living room,” Jinri said as she walked out of the room.

##

“Oppa oppa! Let’s buy ice creams across the street! Oh wait, let me just buy it! What do you want, oppa?” Jinri asked while looking at Taemin in her hyper mood.

Taemin chuckled at her childish act, “I’ll just have vanilla.”

“Okay! Stay here, oppa!” Jinri happily walked to the pedestrian street, carefully looking left and right.

She looks so pretty today. Her smile always makes me happy. She always made my day. I just wished she would like me back but I can’t force her, Taemin thought.

Without realizing, Taemin was walking slowly towards the street. He was in his own world and didn’t realised that he was in the middle of the road. Suddenly, a loud beep snapped Taemin out of his world and the car hit him. Taemin fell on the road, lying helplessly, blood at his side forehead. When Jinri heard a loud bump while she took her ice creams, she diverted her attention to the road and saw a bloody person lying down the road. When she realized who it was, she dropped her ice creams and ran towards Taemin. She picked his head and put it on her lap. She was crying hard ’til her eyes were puffy red.

“Oppa! I told you to stay! What were you thinking?!” Jinri shouted while crying.

“Jinri…” Taemin said softly, “Mianhae. I just wanted you to tell you that…”

“What, oppa? Tell me what?!”

“I love you, Jinri. You’re the girl, my crush. T-take care of him and also yourself…”

Jinri cried harder when she knew that Taemin was gone. Taemin, her fake boyfriend, was dead.

I should’ve gone with him! I should’ve! Or not, he will still be alive! This is all my fault, Jinri screamed in her thoughts.

##

After a week after Taemin’s funeral, Jinri still cries remembering what happened. She couldn’t accept it that he was gone. He was so nice to her. She wanted to repay him back but… he was gone.

“Come on, Jinnie. It’s not your fault. Stop blaming yourself,” Jongin cooed while hugging her tightly, “Maybe he was daydreaming and didn’t realized he was in the middle of the road. Taemin doesn’t want to see you like this anyway. Be strong, Jinnie!”

“I can’t! It’s my fault he is dead! I should-“ Jinri was cutted off by Jongin’s sudden kiss.

“Stop blaming yourself! Just stop it! Maybe this was Taemin’s fate. The Fates are incredibly very mean. But sometimes, fates are nice because they brought us together. Now, stop crying ‘cause I know Taemin wants to see you smile. It’s time to move on, Jinri. Taemin can still keep an eye of you but you just couldn’t see him. It breaks my heart to see you cry, I know Taemin’s would too. Come now, be with me. Let’s go and have some hot chocolate,” Jongin said as he wiped Jinri’s tears.

##

After three weeks, Jinri managed to move on. She lived happily as Jongin’s girlfriend. But Jinri would never forgot her loyal friend, she would always visit Taemin’s grave whenever she had her free time. Fans were still sad about their cute maknae’s death. SHINee became four and it still wasn’t the same without Taemin.

“Jinnie Babe, are you okay?” Jongin asked worriedly to Jinri as they took a break from their photoshoot for High Cut Magazine.

“I’m okay. I just… remembered Taemin.”

Jongin knew this was a sad subject. He leaned in and pecked her lips but he still didn’t leaned back, their foreheads still touching each other.

“I told you that it was not your fault. Drop it all now. It hurts me, Jinri.”

Jinri felt a tear dropped down her cheek and nodded. Jongin kissed her tears and kissed her lips.

##

It was Jongin’s and Jinri’s fifth anniversary. The couple spent their special day by eating a picnic at the park. Jongin planned all of this. He brought her favourite flowers, white roses, and asked Victoria’s help to make simple sandwiches for them. They were sitting under the tree, where it was less hot and perfect spot to make a picnic. They held hands while Jinri rest her head on Jongin’s chest. They were looking at the beautiful scenery of the park.

“It’s so beautiful, but it left me so many memories,” Jinri cooed as Jongin her soft hair.

“This park, is where we used to play with each other, where I first kissed you on the cheek, where Taemin found me crying.”

“Seriously, Jinri,” Jongin said, “You cried a lot.”

Jinri scoffed and hit his chest lightly, “Oh shut up, you idiot.”

“And the idiot is your boyfriend anyway.”

“Both of you were idiots. Let’s meet Taemin later.”

“Sure, baby. I’d do anything for you. I love you, Jinri,” Jongin said as he kissed Jinri’s head and Jinri smiled.

##

“Hey oppa! How are you? I’m doing great with Jongin oppa. He is just like you, sweet, kind and cheesy. It’s our fifth anniversary today. Take care of yourself up there. We love you,” Jinri said and she got up as she finished.

“I’m sure he is happy that you are smiling, Jinri. Let’s keep that face, okay?” Jongin said and Jinri nodded.

Jongin smiled and kissed her passionately, putting his hands around her waist and her hands around his neck.

“I love you, Choi Jinri. Forever and Always,” Jongin murmured in their kiss.

“I love you too, Kim Jongin.”

--

A/N:

Hey, Yuni here! I hope you like this oneshot. I really didn't know what I was writing but I hope you enjoyed it. c: Please comment!! :) I'm a big shipper of KaiLli. That's why I tried to make a oneshot. Should I write a sequel...? More Kailli moments coming soon! ^o^