Early Morning

Good Morning Sunshine [One-Shot]

Soft knockings on the door made Jun lift his head from his pillow. He threw a quick glance at the clock, noticing that it was around 3PM, before he slowly crawled out his bed. With a complaining murmur he wondered who the hell it could be that was disturbing him this early.

He jumped into flippers before making his way to the door; opening it while getting himself ready to yell to whomever it might be that dared to wake him up at this time. But before he could open his mouth, a hard object is pushed to his chest which made him automatically accept it in order to hold it up before it drops to the ground. And before he could even ask what the hell was going on, he was interrupted.

“I can’t sleep, so let’s play”

With a tired frown Jun just stared at Masaki Aiba’s smiling face, before he looked down on the object in his hands and recognized it as Ninomiya’s Nintendo Wii - which made him understand the whole situation. “The you wake me up this early for? And besides, how’d you get this?” he asked as he shook the game system. For all he knew Nino wouldn’t borrow this to anyone, and least of all to Aiba.

“Oh, come on! Today is our day off and I’m bored, besides I can’t sleep! Oh, and I snatched that from Nino’s room. He’s still sleeping”, Aiba answered while smiling proudly.

“You stole it? He’ll be pissed” Jun answered quickly and made an attempt to return the game to the older man in front of him, but Aiba just laughed in misbelief and made his way past Jun – inviting himself into the apartment as he did. Jun let out a small sigh before he closed the door.
“Nino can be really scary when he’s mad, you know!”
But on the other hand, he wasn’t tired anymore and didn’t have any plans for the day so the game looked kind of interesting.

“Don’t worry, I got this. I’ll return it before he wake up – he won’t notice anything, I’ll promise”

With a nod Jun decided to believe in Aiba and therefore started to plug in all the wires into his television. When he was done he started the game and gave one remote control to Aiba and kept one himself.

The game that started was Super Mario, which didn’t surprise him at all. Actually he felt very happy. They usually played a lot of Mario games during their breaks, not so weird since they acted in some of the Mario commercials.

“So… you weren’t busy or anything?” Aiba suddenly asks.

“No. Or well, I was sleeping” He answered in a somewhat annoyed tone, just to make Aiba feel bad about waking him up.

“Oh, I’m sorry!”

He didn’t sound sorry at all.

Jun started the game by pressing ‘A’ and put them in multiplay.

Suddenly his cellphone started vibrating. He knew that if he weren’t already awake he probably would have smashed that damn machine into the wall, but since he was up he could just as well check what is was all about.

It was from Ohno.

It’s ing cold outside. Thought the sun would be up by now. It’s not! (smiley annoyed face)
But I cought a fish!

Attached to the message was a goddamn picture of a fish, just beside the smiling face of a tired Ohno. Why was everybody up so early? Especially on their day off! They should be resting. Only Nino and Sho were smart enough to rest.

“If Nino starts to about you snatching his beloved Nintendo, you are the one taking blame for all of this – just so you know” Jun said to Aiba with a serious voice, since he didn’t want to get blamed by an angry Nino for something he didn’t do.

“Yeah, yeah, I got it. Oh, I’m hungry! Let’s make breakfast” Aiba suddenly got up on his feet, pausing the game as he did, and then ran in to the kitchen.

“Hey, wait a minute!” Jun screamed after him.

Aiba just did things as he wanted. Jun sighed before he followed his older friend, who was already placing ingredients on the table. “Pancakes for breakfast are the best, don’t you agree?” Aiba said cheerfully as he opened lockers to pick out everything he needed. “You can just wait while I fix everything”

Jun frowned. This wasn’t usually what Aiba would do, though he didn’t really find a reason to complain since he actually had no energy for cooking right now. So with a nod he returned to the bedroom and crawled back under the sheets. As he just relaxed he could hear Aiba run around in the kitchen and the good smell of pancakes soon reached his nose.

Oh, pancakes. How he loved that smell.

Suddenly someone was knocking on the front door again. Jun made himself ready to get out of bed and open it but Aiba was quicker, so he found himself standing beside the bed as he heard Aiba open the door and let, whoever it was, into the apartment.

“Wow, what the heck are you wearing?”

Jun recognized the voice as Sakurai Sho. So obviously he wasn’t resting either. Did they plan this maybe? Jun greeted the older band member by nodding at him. Then he noticed that Aiba was wearing a pink, white dotted apron. He couldn’t help to laugh a little, though he hid it by turning around and walk back into the living room – soon followed by Sho.

“How come Aiba is here? Oh, Nintendo~~~!”

Sho happily took the game control and started playing. Jun just shook his head while watching the older man fail badly at trying to get Mario to jump over a high obstacle.  

“How come you are here? And I don’t know what the Aiba was thinking, he just woke me up and now he has taken over my kitchen…”

Just as he finished talking about Aiba, the apron wearing man entered the room with a tray in his hands where he had stacked up plates, forks, glasses and a pack of juice and last but not least the pancakes with plenty of syrup and melted butter. The smell of food immediately made Sho forget about the game and turn to the table as he waited for Aiba to serve him.

“Ahh, I also want a wife that cooks me breakfast”, Sho said jokingly while throwing a glance at Jun.

“What did you just say?” Jun answered angrily and hit him on the forehead. Aiba just chuckled, having no problem with being called a ‘wife’.

“Pfft, can’t even take a joke in the morning” Sho continued to laugh but soon got cut off by finally getting a pancake which he started eating with a hurriedly “ittadakimasu”.

Aiba pushed Jun to the floor by grabbing his shoulders and simply make him sit down in front of the living room table. He then nodded for him to eat.

“Ittadakimasu” Jun said while giving Aiba a tired look. Ok, so he was happy to not make the food himself – but on the other hand he had gotten tired again and Sho’s and Aiba’s energetic  acting made him sort of annoyed.

“Come on, eat! Or should I feed you too?” Aiba said and grabbed his hand, in which Jun had already taken the fork, and Aiba then tried to move Jun’s hand but he just jerked his hand out of Aiba’s grip and pushed the older boy further away from him, then started eating while showing Aiba that he managed to eat by himself.

“Stupid”, He said – not thanking at all for Aiba’s effort. Not that he needed to, Sho that shuffled up two whole pancakes was now into his third one and mumbled through each bite how good it tastes. It was enough to make Aiba smile proudly and answer Sho’s “umai” with a “ne~” each time he said it.

“Ah, forget this. I’m going to bed again”, Jun said with a serious voice and made an attempt to get up, but before he made it to his feet he felt hands grap his waist and pull him down again.

“Come on, Sho! Let’s get him to eat”, he could hear Aiba’s voice behind him and the second after Sho had taken a firm hold of his arms and he was being pulled down to the floor with his back against Sho’s lap. Meanwhile Aiba had taken the plate in his hands and started to feed Jun, who unsuccessfully tried to escape from Sho’s firm grip.

“What the are you guys doing?”

Nino’s voice could be heard from the hallway and the three boys froze in their positions to look up at their fellow band member. Immediately Sho let go of Jun’s arms and tried to laugh it away as a joke, meanwhile Aiba hurriedly threw himself in order to hide the Nintendo.

“We’re just… eating breakfast” Jun answered, but Nino had already noticed his beloved game console and was already in action to pull in Aiba’s shirt to get his game back.

What a wonderful morning…