Chapter 10

Yearn For My Blood

 

Minho POV

Thump Thump Thump

That’s the sound of heartbeat.

It beats relentlessly; against our will.

So does love

When I watch Taemin lying beside me on the bed; his head resting on my chest, I finally took a good look of his fragile, porcelain-like body. The blue and black patches on his body were fading away slowly and gradually.

 I ran my fingers down his hair that sprawled across my chest, eventually down his . Taemin fidgeted a little and his eyelashes began to flutter as he open his eyes. I bent down a little and allow our lips to lock together once again.

I could sense the urgency in the way he tried to deepen our kiss, as he sandwiched my body between his and the mattress beneath me. It’s not time for this now; I don’t allow myself to inflict bruises all over his body.

I cupped my hands around his cheeks and tilted my face a little. Taemin looked at me with a confused expression when I shook my head. Disappointed that I pushed him away, he rolled himself on the bed and pouted his lips.

“No, Taemin.” I pinched his cheeks as he grumbled defiantly under his breath. I stared at the bruises on his body again, pecking him on his lips as a form of apology.

“Sorry…does it hurt?” Taemin shook his head and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“How I wish we could just lie in this manner forever.”

“You know we can’t.” I responded back and Taemin rolled his eyes.

“Can’t you just be more….romantic?” Taemin retorted back, as he dug his head out and began collecting his clothes that were scattered on the floor and bed. I continued watching him from the side while he struggle his boxers up his thighs beneath the blanket.

“Are you angry?” I asked Taemin as he turned around and curled his lips a little. Kissing him on his lips again, he began to blush a little and shifted himself off the bed.

“Then you should stop doing that, Minho.” He responded to my kiss and trotted off to the bathroom.

….. …. ……

Taemin squeezed my hand, his eyes wandered around in confusion. He tilted his head to look at me, as he hesitated to take another step forward.

“I don’t know what I should say, Minho.”

“Don’t worry, Taemin.” I didn’t know what else I could say.

“How do you expect me to tell my parents that I’m a vampire?” I just realized that I’m being so insensitive and indifferent in situations like that. Taemin looked away from me, and landed his gaze on the floor.

“I’m sorry, Taemin. Should we leave?”

“No. I just need some time.” He took a deep breath and let go of my hand gently. Walking towards the building in front of him, Taemin turned around to look at me again, before disappearing from my sight through the door.

How I wish things did not end up this manner.

 

Taemin POV

My life has been a struggle, it always has.

Why must I choose when I need both of them in order to live?

Entering the building I been living in for the past 19 years, I feel like a stranger now. My vision blurred as tears filled my eyes; tears of confusion. I wiped them away and strolled down the corridor. When my parents approached me, I had the urge to just leave Minho.

No, how could I?

Minho means everything to me.

I stared at my parents for a few seconds and started to hate the fact that I could hear the thumping in the chests in such a distinct manner. I no longer have the courage to speak the truth or to even look at them.

I didn’t know what I was doing; but the sight of my parents staring at me made me so vulnerable. Taking a deep breath,I forced a smile on my face and greeted them.

“Hi, I’m back. I’m a little tired, so…” So I don’t want them to ask me any questions. Even if they do, I would not answer them.

I was brought into even more dilemma when I observed Minho from my window. If I were to leave with Minho, I would bring misery to my parents. But if I just let Minho go, life would no longer make sense to me. Fishing out my phone, I dialed Minho’s number and watched him from the window as he picked up his phone.

“How’s it?” He asked and spotted me staring at him from the window. It’s a really familiar sight to be looking at him from this angle.

“What are your plans if I leave with you?”

“We will leave Korea together.” He replied without hesitation, making me feel even more confused. I have actually dismissed the fact that I am everything to Minho in the past.

“What if I leave you?”

“I will wait for you.”

“Give me some time to think about it.” Hanging up the phone, Minho turned around the left the street coolly. ‘Give me some time to think about it’, that’s what I said; but I’m too tired to think of anything now.

Minho POV

For the first time, I have the fear of losing someone.

When Taemin looked at me with those weary-looking eyes, the worries I had about losing him were all exposed. For the first time, I wish that Taemin and I were never in love.

Is it time for me to let go?

Have I become trouble; a tripping stone in his life?

Some time is too long a wait

… … …

Tik Tik Tik

Every second passed as I began to feel that I’m losing you. As the darkness engulfed the streets, it started to convince me that Taemin would never appear. But isn’t this what I’ve expected when I sense that his heart is swaying?

When Taemin showed me the reason to live, I started feeling things I’ve never felt before. He attacked my heart and left me so vulnerable. 

As the street lights flickered, I could no longer see the point of waiting for someone who would never appear in front of me, ever again. Just as I was about to leave, I made out a figure walking the street towards me.

It’s Taemin.

He pressed something against his ear, as I could feel my mobile phone vibrating in my pocket.

“Hello?” I answered the call.

“Minho, I’ve made my decision.”

“Tell me about it.” I replied, as I watch Taemin walking closer to me, with a bag in his hands.

“Can’t you see?” Taemin retorted back on the other side of the line.

“I want you to say it.” When he’s just a meter away from me, Taemin dropped his bag on the floor and began to mumble in the phone.

“I love you.”

He hung up the line and began walking to me in bigger strides.

Slowly, Taemin wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head against my chest. I could feel his irregular pulse as tears began to stain on my shirt.

“Minho, bring me with you.” He muttered under his breath, as I gave him a peck on his cheeks.

“Are you sure about this?” I asked him as Taemin looked up and nodded his head. I kissed his tears away again, and ran my fingers down his hair.

“Mum and Dad have each other. But you have no one else except me.” He smiled and tip toed a little, pressing his lips against my ear lobe.

“And most importantly, I love you.” He shifted his lips from my ear lobe, to my cheeks and eventually pressing them against my lips.