I'm Not Gay, I'm Your Man.

I'm Your Man

Sungjong has been called gay ever since he could remember. His female-like features, slim body, and not to mention his talent, girl group dances, made everyone confused about his ual preference. He could wear a wig and a dress and get a million suitors. He was inferior and wanted a girlfriend so badly, to prove everyone else wrong. Yes, thats, Lee Sungjong to you.

Chaeyeon, was beyond gorgeous. Girls could turn bi for you and you have many male suitors, no doubt. You were well known in your neighbourhood. You absolutely hate gays and think they shouldnt exist. Your ideal type was a manly guy. Others didnt really matter. And thats how you were, Kim Chaeyeon.

That one fateful day, you saw Sungjong participating in a dance competition. You stopped and stared at him, observing his performance. You had no idea to be awed by how his body flowed along with the music, or get disgusted by his girly appearance and behaviour. His long fringe covered one of his eyes, and his eyes looked as though he had eyeliner on. You stared into his dark brown eyes from the crowd, and seem to know that there is something different within that girly image he was showing. It was mysterious.You felt a strange attraction between you and Sungjong. You were captivated by him, and it was the truth.

Sungjong was performing in the crowd. He danced to "Huh" by 4Minute. He wanted to show everyone his dance skills and yet not too girly. He potrayed a badass attitude in this dance. He didnt want to get bullied on the way home again. While performing, he spotted a pretty, scratch that, BEAUTIFUL girl that stood out from the crowd. Her light brown hair shone brightly under the hot sun. Her eyes showed admiration and maybe even.. Love?

He was shocked but he realised that his eyes were drawn to you, and only you. It felt like the world around him had stopped. His heart was beating fast and he knew it was definitely not because of the choreography. *Is this what they call.. Love at first sight?* Sungjong ended his performance, still overwhelmed by how his entire body reacted to you.

Your eyes never left him. You were still wondering how could you possibly be attracted to such a guy. *I must be crazy.* You thought.

"And the first place goes to.. Lee Sungjong who performed 'Huh' by 4Minute!" The audience cheered and some guys even whistled. The other participants were all females and he was the one that won, a dude, won. Sungjong was esctatic and yet, at the same time, embarrassed. Sure, his talents was acknowledged by many now, but he was positive that deep down, everyone labelled him the word, "gay".

"Th-Thank you everyone! I-It wa-was a great ho-honour to be able to win first place." Sungjong was mentally cursing himself for stuttering in front of a large crowd. This just made him look like a major weakling, as he cant even complete a thank-you speech properly. He hung down his head in shame and exited the stage, with the crowd still cheering.

You tilted your head in curiousity. *Why didnt that Sungjong dude look happy? I mean, he did win first place.* You decided to shrug it off and headed to a nearby ice cream shop since you had a craving for it on that hot afternoon.

* it. I'm not a ing gay. Just let me prove myself. URGH. ers in the crowd whistling. I swore I could have beat the daylights out of them.* Sungjong looked at his award and threw it on the ground with such might, that it broke into two. *I dont need that award. I'm gonna be a man. I really need a new manly hobby.*

"Ayo MISS Sungjong! Throwing a tantrum?" A guy, who he recognised as his childhood nemesis, Nam Woohyun, snickered and walked up to him.

"What the , Nam Woohyun! Get off my back for once playboy." Sungjong crossed his arms and straightened his back.

"Chill, Miss Lee. I was just fooling around. You," Woohyun went closer and grabbed Sungjong's . "were y on stage, my darling." Woohyun winked and smirked at him.

Sungjong pushed Woohyun off him. Woohyun stumbled and looked up at Sungjong, shocked. "Dont lay your dirty hands on me, you dickhead! I'm not exactly having the best day so scram!" Sungjong hastily walked away, glaring at him.

*Sungjong... When did that gay get so strong? Impossible..* Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows and walked home, occasionally looking at Sungjong.

Sungjong stopped in his tracks and glanced back at the broken trophy. *I need to move on, be a man.* Sungjong bit his lip in determination and walked to his family business, where he was needed.

He opened the door to the ice cream shop and he couldnt believe what he saw. The girl.. The exact same girl that looked at his performance, the girl that stood out, the girl that made his heart skip a beat, was right before him. You were enjoying your strawberry ice cream and looked at your phone, trying to while time away. You had a satisfied expression on and smiled in content everytime you had a spoonful of it.

"Sungjong-ah! Why are you standing there? Come over and help! Sigh, this boy." Sungjong's mother yelled from behind the counter.

*Sungjong...? Rings a bell. But where did I hear it from...* You looked up from your phone and saw that boy. You dropped your spoon and stared into that familiar dark brown eyes. You could feel your heart accelerating and your face flushed subconsciously. Sungjong gave you a nod and smiled slightly, as if to acknowledge something. You gulped and smiled back. *WHY AM I SO NERVOUS. What is he trying to say by nodding to me?! You don't just nod to a stranegr weirdo!*

"Sure mum!" Sungjong went behind the counter and started serving customers. You made sure to eat your ice cream slowly, so as to occasionally peek at Sungjong. He was hard at work serving all the customers, his smile never left his face, not even once. Sungjong stealthily glanced at your direction and as if on cue, both of your eyes met. You looked down at your ice cream, red with embarrassment. He chuckled and continued working.

*Why is this happening?? Chaeyeon, wake up. You like manly guys. He is a gay.* 

Or is he..

Shut up conscience. 

You're not exactly shutting me up completely. You control me, remember?

Whatever.

You love the gay...

I DO NOT.

YOU DO.

NO.

YES.

Argh.

You love him, Dawn, admit it you lo-

You tuned away and ignored your conscience. You stood up abruptly, placed the money on the table and left the shop.

"Thank you! Please come again!" Sungjong's mother called. 

Sungjong looked and realised you were gone. *What just happened? The girl you're attracted to just left the shop, you idiot!*

"Damn it. Ugh, mum! I need to go out for awhile, sorry!" With that, Sungjong rushed out, hoping to find you.

He was afraid. It was the first time in his life that someone made him feel this way. He felt comfort and less inferior when he looks into your eyes. He wanted to see that pair of eyes again. He wanted to see you.

You plugged in your eyepiece and your iPod starting playing. You closed your eyes and took in a deep breath. *It's just a temporary feeling, Chaeyeon.* All of a sudden, your iPod played 'Huh' by 4Minute. Your eyes opened wide and you facepamed yourself. *Seriously? Stupid iPod, you're not helping at all!*

"Do you usually hit yourself in public?" A gentle yet deep voice asked.

"Wha-" You froze. Right in front of you was the boy that you longed to see and yet running away from.

Beads of perspiration trickled down Sungjong's smooth skin and he chuckled. *He actually looks hot.*

"Um.. No, I dont hit myself usually in public." You gulped and played with your fingers.

Sungjong was nervous. The type of nervous where he would never experience even when he was dancing in front of a million people. But he wanted to show that he's a man, and the first person to start with would be you.

Sungjong placed his fingers on your chin and lifted it up. "Dont look down, you're not doing justice to your beautiful face."

You wanted to scream. Not because this attractive stranger was talking to you. Okay maybe it was.

"Th-Thank you." You mumbled.

"Whats your name, beautiful?" Sungjong didnt expect that to come out of his mouth. *I hang out with that Nam Woohyun too much. . I hope she doesnt think of me as a weird person.*

You blushed. "Chaeyeon." "Sungjong." He extended his hand, asking for a handshake. 

As you returned his handshake, he pulled you in for a hug. You gasped. You took in his manly cologne and Sungjong closed his eyes, enjoying your lavender perfume. He loved lavender. At the moment, he knew you were going to click well with him. You were perfect, in every single way. You were getting used to his warmth, until you realised, he was gay. You pushed him away, trembling.

"Get away from me! You are gay! RIGHT?! GO AWAY!" You shouted at him as you stepped further away from him. Immediately after, you regretted it.

Sungjong felt like a thousand knives were shoved into him. It was worse, far more worse than all the humiliation he had suffered all along. He thought you were different but you were just like the others. You thought he was gay. Sungjong clenched his fists and trembled in fury. 

"I'M. NOT. A. ING. GAY." He looked at you with anger. You could feel his eyes ripping your soul apart in fury. You shivered and ran towards your house as fast as possible.

"Come back here Chaeyeon!" Sungjong chased after you, his voice drifting further and further away. *Why did I even mess with him?* You facepalmed yourself again. Soon, you were in front of your house. You were certain you lost him. Heaving a sigh of relief, you took out your keys and unlocked the door.

A hand landed on your shoulder. "Not so fast, Chaeyeon-ah." The voice came out in pants. *Please dont let it be Sungjong, PLEASE.* You turned around.. to see Sungjong panting heavily, looking as hot as ever.

He spun you around to face him. "Chaeyeon..." The way he said your name made all of your senses burn with desire. The desire for him to be yours. But you knew it was wrong.

You squeaked. "It is wrong to fall in love with someone as gay as you... I would like someone manlier." 

"I'm not gay. I'm your man. I'll show you how manly I can be." With that, Sungjong leaned in slowly, closing up the space with his lips against yours.

He slid one arm around your waist and pulled you close, leaving no space in between. His lips were soft and sweet, like cotton candy. It was addictive.

You encircled your arms around his neck and tugged on his long black hair. The both of you looked at each other lovingly, no confessions were needed. Both of your heartbeats were beating fast, but as one. This time, you leaned it and it became more passionate. You swore it was the best first kiss ever.

Sungjong pulled away and you couldnt help but feel disappointed. His uneven breaths were hot on your skin. He whispered in his deep yet gentle voice, giving you a peck after every word, "Would you be my girlfriend, Chaeyeon? I promise you I'll protect you and love you like a man. I wont let anyone say that you're dating a gay."

His eyes were expectant and he was sure of your answer. "No." His face fell. "Why???"

You giggled. "I was just kidding, OPPA. You're not gay, and now, you're my man."

"I'll be your man, forever and always."


I am honestly thinking of doing a sequel for this. Should I?