October 26th

Tears of December

A/N: IGNORE THE 10-DAY TIME SKIP LALALA~~~ *flees*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD!”

 

Baekhyun was violently jolted awake by a wave of tickles. “Holy !” Baekhyun swore, still half asleep. “What the , man?” Baekhyun his bedside lamp and glared at the grinning Chanyeol. Baekhyun was not a morning person.

 

Chanyeol grinned with his signature creepy stare. “We’re going on our date today!” He was already dressed in black jeans and a very fashionable sweater. Baekhyun rubbed his eyes and said in a low voice. “Where would we go so early? And it’s Saturday…” He fell back onto his pillow, but Chanyeol tickled him again.

 

Baekhyun swore and grabbed his pillow. He smacked Chanyeol with it, but it did no damage. “Fine. I’ll get up. Just stop tickling me!” Baekhyun threw his blanket off and went to his closet. The he looked back at Chanyeol who was still sitting on his bed. “I’m changing.” He said, like it wasn’t the most obvious thing in the world. Chanyeol blinked, and then he left the room without a word.

 

“Jeez that guy.” Baekhyun huffed angrily, still trying to shake the sleep from his head. He took off the shirt he usually slept in, and was about to grab a t-shirt when Chanyeol stuck his head back through the door. Baekhyun yelped and covered himself up. “What the hell?” he yelled. Chanyeol grinned. “Dress pretty. We’re going somewhere special.”

 

Chanyeol quickly ducked back out before the pillow could come in contact with his face. Baekhyun was seriously mad, but he decided to go along with it. Besides, he didn’t have anything better to do.

 

When Baekhyun was finished changing, he walked out in a dark grey hoodie with a large collar and white skinny jeans. On the hoodie was a shiny black star. “Where are we going?” Baekhyun asked expectantly. Chanyeol set a plate on the table. “We gotta eat breakfast before we go.”

 

Baekhyun checked his watch. 7:00am. He sighed and sat down in front of Chanyeol. He was surprised by the taste of the food, but it wasn’t good or bad. “Uhh…” Chanyeol was happily downing his breakfast. “It’s an omelet with sausage and cheese.” Baekhyun didn’t really like cheese, but he ate it anyway.

 

“So now will you tell me where we are going?” Baekhyun asked, after breakfast was over. Chanyeol grinned. “We’re going to the countryside.” Baekhyun’s eyes widened. “But that’s so far away!” Chanyeol held up two bus tickets. “I got our transportation ready.” Baekhyun sighed in defeat. “Fine. I’ll go, since you went to so much trouble.”

 

Chanyeol grinned. “Yay! Well, let’s get going, we don’t want to be late for our bus.” They quickly left their room, and headed for the bus station.

 

The bus ride was relatively quiet, with Baekhyun staring out the window the whole time. He watched as the bustling city faded into a few scarce houses, then to long, endless fields of grass and farmland. Then, there began to be signs of civilization once again, when farmers appeared and bustled about, shouting for others to buy their goods, or bringing their winnings from the market back home to their families. Chanyeol watched Baekhyun with amusement, and little butterflies began to flutter in his stomach. He pushed the feeling away, and concentrated on the task of making Baekhyun happy today.

 

The bus pulled to a stop at the station, located at the edge of the small town. “Let’s go get something to eat. I’m hungry again.” Chanyeol complained, as they got off the bus. Baekhyun sighed and followed.

 

They walked around in the market. Suddenly, Baekhyun saw something that caught his eye. He walked over to the booth and stared at the object. It was a light grey knitted beanie, with a pompom dangling off the very back. He put it on and looked in the mirror. Chanyeol, who had appeared beside him, looked at him with scrutinizing eyes. “Chanyeol, does it look okay on me?” Baekhyun asked innocently.

 

Chanyeol thought, then snatched the hat off his head. He took a light grey knitted toque with furry ears and cute whiskers attached. He put in on Baekhyun’s head. “I think this one looks good one you.” Baekhyun pouted. “Its too cute.” Then he smiled and took a lion hat off its hook, placing it on Chanyeol’s head. “You look good in that.” Chanyeol grinned and pulled out his wallet. “We’ll take these ones then.”

 

They walked down the street in their new hats, and stopped at a dessert booth. A man about 50 years old was frying something in a boiling pit of oil, but it smelled nice. “What are those?” Chanyeol asked. The man looked up and eyed them up and down. “These are fried red-bean pockets. A dozen for 3 dollars.” Chanyeol was about to take out his wallet when Baekhyun stopped him. “I’ll pay for the food.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head and smiled. “I’m the guy, I pay.” Baekhyun blushed. “What do you mean? I’m a guy too!” he said indignantly. Chanyeol pinched his cheek. “Fine, I’ll let you pay. But only this once, okay?” Baekhyun huffed, but was secretly a little bit happy when he pinched his cheek. Baekhyun handed the money to the man and they left with their red-bean pockets.

 

As they left, they heard whispers from people on the street. “They look so rich…” and “They look like celebrities,” were heard, but the one that pained Baekhyun the most was “Disgusting gays.” Chanyeol sensed Baekhyun’s unease and he squeezed his shoulder. “It’s okay. Ignore them.” He whispered, his breath tickling the shorter male’s ear. Baekhyun shivered involuntarily, not from the cold but from Chanyeol’s low and y whisper.

 

The day went on, and they shopped and ate until they were about to drop from tiredness. It was getting dark, and the couple decided to just take a slow, nighttime stroll through the streets and back to the bus station.

 

“C-Can we hold hands?” Chanyeol said suddenly. Baekhyun’s eyes widened, and he blushed. “Uh… okay.” Chanyeol intertwined his long, slender fingers through Baekhyun’s, and both their hearts skipped a beat. “I’m glad you gave me a second chance.” Chanyeol said, as they walked.

 

“I-I didn’t have anything to do today anyways…” Baekhyun said, trying to make an excuse. “Besides, it doesn’t really matter since we both had fun today.” Chanyeol smiled, and then stopped. Baekhyun looked back and gave him a confused look.

 

“I’m sorry for everything, Baekhyun…” Baekhyun frowned. “What are you apologizing for?” They were still holding hands, so he walked a little closer. Chanyeol laughed sheepishly. “Everything. I’m sorry for yelling at you, and I’m sorry I made you cry. I wish I could turn back time and make sure none of that ever happened. I’m also sorry I couldn’t protect you, from seeing Xiumin and Chen together.”

 

Baekhyun stared up at his big brown orbs and saw the sincerity in them. His own eyes began to water and let go of Chanyeol’s hand to hug him. “I forgive you Chanyeol. It was my fault anyway. I should’ve listened to you.” Chanyeol put his arms around Baekhyun and smiled. “Thank you, Baekhyun.”

 

They pulled away and just stared at each other under the glow of the dying sun. “I really like you, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol whispered, cupping Baekhyun’s face with his large hand. Baekhyun’s heart started to flutter, and his breath was becoming short. Chanyeol leaned in a little closer. Baekhyun tiptoed slightly to meet his pace.

 

Right before their lips touched, Baekhyun whispered, “I like you too.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Somewhere along the bus ride, Baekhyun fell asleep on Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol smiled at the peaceful sleeping face of Baekhyun. He looked truly angelic, like he was just sent from the heavens and his true form showed through his human form.

 

Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun atop the head, and put his arm around Baekhyun. I guess the first part of my mission is somewhat successful.