Myungsoo's Problem

Tomboy Me, Beautiful You

 

‘ Jae, what is the expansion of A2 + B2?’ ( It’s A square plus B square, btw)

You looked up sleepily from your table and wiped the drool from your face, blinking up at him and pushing up your glasses since you were too lazy to put on your contacts today.

The teacher look back at you firmly, tapping his chalk with the board and a disapproving look etched on his face. You looked at the board with a blank look on your face and you yawned.

‘ Well? Miss Jang?’ The teacher prompted, tapping his chalk impatiently.

‘Wait, why is there A and B when we’re doing maths? ‘ You asked bluntly, trying to make the teacher confused. You damned well knew what the expansion was; you just didn’t want to answer. * Let’s joke around for today*, and a smirk appeared on your lips.

The teacher was taken aback for about five seconds, and then cleared his throat abruptly and changed the topic while the whole class sniggered. You high-fived silently with Woohyun and Hoya as the teacher wrote something important on the board. The bell rang at that moment and you walked up and sat at the Infinite table, where the members joined you.

“Dude, that was awesome in there’ Hoya commented, slapping you on the back while you grinned, bumping fists.

‘Did you see his face?! Man, so priceless!” Whoohyun laughed.

‘ And he was so shocked that he didn’t know what to say! Awestruck dude!’

“You guys are ing weird’ You commented.

“Yah!’ Hoya bumped against you cheerfully ‘ don’t go all grandma-ish on us’

 

‘puhh-lease, I’ve had enough from my mom to last me a ing month’ Woohyun said.

* Too bad, I don’t have a mom*< You thought when sudden arms threw themselves around your neck. With the sudden weight, you groaned and shouted .
“Yah! Dongwoo ! Get off my shoulder you ing fatso!’ You pushed him off and he pouted, then grinning.

‘ You know you like me, eh Jae?” He winked.

 

‘Right, why would I like a man with no ing balls to begin with?’

“Yah! I have balls! You wanna check!?’

“Nooooo I dooon’t! You’re ing lame! I’m leaving!”

You started for the door when someone suddenly grabbed your arm. You looked back ready to snap Dongwoo’s or Hoya’s, or even Woohyun’s head off when you realized that it was actually Myungsoo holding your arm.

‘ Can I talk to you?’ He asked, and by the tone of his voice, you sensed something dangerous coming up. You looked up at him to see his usual playful smirk wiped of his face. Instead replaced by a cold and off demeanor, that somewhat didn’t please you at all.

* Great, things aren’t going to get pretty right now, by the look of on his face*

You followed him up to the auditorium- which was so dark you couldn’t see a thing, let alone with your glasses – and he didn’t even wait for you, just strode to a random seat and plopped himself down, a look of utter seriousness on his face. There was no playful smirk, no grin, just a poker face that you somehow found annoying.
* What the is wrong with him? That ugly face doesn’t suit him at all! And I’m ing serious, for once*

 

You plopped down beside him and in the corner of your eye, studied his profile. Then nodding to yourself, you thought * Yep, definitely something wrong with him*

 

‘ So dude, speak up, I don’t have all ing day to listen to your bloody talking ’ You said, trying to lighten the mood. Looks like it didn’t work as Myungsoo just turned to you without even laughing.

 

‘ yah, Jae, can’t you even be serious for once?’

 

You wiped the smirk off your face and replaced it with a frown.

‘ Yah, can’t you be more joyful instead of a damn bloody party pooper?’ You snapped back, being y.

 

‘ Whatever’ He replied monotonely ‘ that’s not the point’

 

‘Then what is?” You asked, shrugging your shoulders in a defiant way.

‘ my…mom…it’s her’ Myungsoo could hardly get the words out of his mouth, and he covered his sob with his hand, trying to be strong, to act strong.

 

You stayed silent, waiting for the tragedy. * As much as I want to hear it, I can’t help but soften at the mention of the word ‘ mom ‘ *

 

Taking your silence as a hint, he continued on

‘ She’s…she’s dying, Jae, she has leukemia.  She can’t walk anymore, she can hardly talk. She just collapsed last night, and it was the same night that I discovered she had this disease. And..It’s hard, to pay the bills, they say I should stop medicating her, let her go by herself. But I don’t want to be alone’ He said, finally turning to her, and in the depth of his eyes, even though he didn’t show it well, You could see how much his mom’s health affected him.

 

There was a huge silence before you spoke up ‘ I’ll help’

 

‘what?’ he blinked, trying to erase the tear stsins on his cheeks.

 

‘ I’ll help…to gain money. ‘ you shrugged your shoulders, acting cool’ take it or leave it’

 

there was another long awkward pause before he ansered a slow and soft ‘ khamsamida’