A Turn of A Story

A Turn of A Story [ONESHOT]

 

" Oppa, where are we going tonight?", Sohee called gleefully, chasing the lean figure with her kill heels with ease. She held her hand bag carelessly in her left hand and shuffled over to the man. She held a smile that was clearly sending a message that played much deeper than a simple dinner date.

 

The lean and toned man stopped in his steps, his hand lifted to push the button on his car remote. Without another word, he slipped the remote into his white and black suit pocket and stepped into the driver's seat. Sohee smiled widely and stepped in besides him without hesitation, shuffling the contents of her handbag too loudly to hear the exasperating sigh.

 

Jiyong looked down at the car's led clock display. It read '6:30pm', exactly thirty minutes ago, he had felt an unfamiliar shred of hope in escaping the grasps that usually never ceased to grip tighter. Yet in a mere few seconds, the hope had vanished into thin air. 

 

'6:00'

 

Jiyong smiled, she was late. All he had to do now was leave.

 

He would've left an hour before if he could, but his snotty friend Seungri insisted on forcing the two together. After all, she was his cousin and he felt Jiyong the only one worthy. He even had the upper hand in being Miss Lee's, his secretary, fiance. With their united forces, Jiyong was unable to even leave the room without being reported.

 

It was also a matter of the adults. As kind and gentle as they were, business was before love and Jiyong and Sohee's bonding was only a matter of making Jiyong's father's business stronger. 

 

Too bad they didn't know what kind of woman his real lover was.

 

This time, he'll leave as quick as possible, enough so that even if Chaerin sends out a warning to Sohee and Seungri, he'll be gone before they could even start searching. 

 

Maybe he should slip in a slight note to Chaerin. She's a money lover anyway.

 

With tense excitement that pumped blood through his veins. He stood up to make a call to *her*. 

 

Yet his whole world crashed as the clicks of her kill heels sounded through the hall behind the grand wooden doors.

 

" Oppa~, you haven't told me where we're going yet.", she called again. Her voice made his fists clench even tighter. He felt regret for the whole situation. Before he and Sohee had begun to know each other as 'potential' fiances, he had liked Sohee as a younger sister. She was sweet and knew how to listen to one's problems. Yet the moment the line was crossed, she became anything but sweet.

 

With an irritated scowl, he turned a hard left into a nearly empty barbecue restaurant. He sensed her frown in his choice of their dinner date.

 

Once ordering their choices, Sohee placed her head in her hands and smiled, " Oppa, I've been wondering, you know, since I've been seeing a lot of rings in my dreams."

 

Jiyong sighed, this wasn't the first time she brought the subject up, " Maybe you lost one."

 

" Nooo~," she continued, unperturbed by Jiyong's reaction, " I think it's one I'm about to get."

 

Jiyong feigned surprise, " Really? From who?"

 

Sohee frowned, her attic wasn't working, " Oppa!", she said, clearly irritated. " How much do I have to hint to you that I want you to marry me?", she scowled. When Jiyong didn't answer and called the ahjumma for some alcohol she continued. " Is it her? Is she the one that's bothering you so much?"

 

Jiyong looked up at her, " She's not bothering me. Far from it."

 

Sohee's eyebrow's furrowed, " You told me you liked me."

 

Jiyong sighed, his tone softening, " Like and love are different things, Sohee."

 

Sohee smirked, " Don't think that that will fool me. Don't hide your love you little shy boy."

 

Jiyong looked at her oddly, he then noticed a bottle already down halfway, and Sohee wasn't a strong drinker.

 

A cling of the bells and greeting from the workers signaled the entrance of a new customer. Jiyong's skin rose in goosebumps as he heard the familiar pant and clacking of heels.

 

Without turning, Jiyong listened as the newcomer sat alone in the table besides them. He glimpsed the figure wearing a black miniskirt with a tight black top. 

 

Fashionable as always. 

 

He could hear her shout to the ahjumma's to give her four bottles. His head perked up, was she that strong of a drinker?

 

Sohee didn't intend to keep incognito though, " Oi rich girl, came to steal my fiance didn't you?"

 

The girl looked their way, her hands unhinging the cap on the bottle. He eyebrows were angled in anger and her eyes were turning watery.

 

" Too bad he prefers me too.", Sohee continued, her accent rolling against her letters, but Jiyong knew it was all for play. " Hasn't mentioned you the whole day."

 

Jiyong knew it played the desired affect, the girl gulped the bottle in a mouthful.

 

" Oh, and sad to see you drinking all alone, no one to take you home today.", Sohee continued, like hot metal piercing into the wounds that were barely healed. 

 

Jiyong clenched his fists, " She won't be alone."

 

" Hmm??", Sohee asked, her eyebrows raising in surprise.

 

" I think the one who won't have someone to take them home would be you.", he replied. He then stood up, took one pitiful glance at his supposed 'fiance' and grabbed the hand of his lover and lead her out the door.

 

" KWON JIYONG DON'T YOU DARE LET PARK BOM TAKE MY PLACE.", Sohee screamed, her intentions finally showing as she threw bottle after bottle on the floor besides them.

 

" You didn't even have a place to begin with.", Jiyong replied and left with Bom out the door.