Would you like some seaweed soup?

Would you like some seaweed soup?

 

You moaned and twisted around in bed. The sunlight bathed your skin as you lay on your side.

You wondered how long you had been asleep for. Finally, you managed to open both of your eyes and look at your clock.
 

5:00pm? “5.00pm?”...

Then, you remembered....

“I’m late!” you yelled as you shot up in bed.

You got out of bed and ran to your calendar.... Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday...

Myungsoo had told you to go and visit him on Sunday.

You threw on a pair of denim shorts and a bright yellow hoodie and made your way to Myungsoo’s house.

“Aish, that guy,” you thought, “why do I have to go and visit him anyway?”


As you opened the door, you were greeted by Myungsoo who was wearing a baby pink colored apron with a little hello kitty face on it. It looked quite cute on him.

“Oppa, why are you wearing a stripy pink apron,” you laughed.

 

He ignored you and proceeded to walk to the kitchen. You followed him and peered over his shoulder to see what he was cooking. The pot was empty.
 

"What are you making?" you curiously asked him.

"Seaweed soup,” he smiled.

"You can cook?" you blurted out.

He nodded, "Yeah, you can help me out.”

"I've seen my mother cook before,” you replied while biting your lip, “I guess I could try?” The truth is, you were clueless when it came to cooking.

 

You started cooking with him. Everything was going quite smoothly until it was time to season the soup.

“You can season it,” smiled Myungsoo.

Slowly, you scanned the labels on the bottles of spices on the shelf. Salt, pepper, paprika, sugar, chili powder,  soup seasoning. In the end, you decided to add a bit of each.

 

You held the box of seasoning up and glared at it.

 

“Eh... how much I should put in,” you thought to yourself.

 

 You looked at Myungsoo for guidance but he simply just shrugged his shoulders.

 

"Just add, a suitable amount,” he mumbled, “you’re the chef for today.”

“Suitable amount,” you thought, “that’s the problem. How much seasoning is considered as a suitable amount?”

 

You stood there holding the spoon of seasoning above the pot for a few minutes. Then, you dumped it in. Myungsoo winced slightly at the sight.

 

"Oppa, do you want to taste it?" you asked. He hesitated for a second and nodded his head.

“What’s the worst that could happen,” he thought, trying to reassure himself.

 

He cautiously slipped the spoon in his mouth and swallowed. He immediately spat it out and went to the bathroom to rinse his mouth.

 

"Is it that bad?" you pouted, “it can’t be that bad right?”



You decided to try a bit to see if he was pretending that the soup was bad. You ended up running to the bathroom and swallowing mouthfuls of water too.

When you had both recovered from your little soup incident. Myungsoo spoke.

 

“Never mind,” he sighed, “we’re going out.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

You went to a nearby café next to the lake. He looked as cute as ever dressed his black leather jacket.

You had to admit, their food tasted way better than what you and Myungsoo had made. At the end of your meal, the waiter brought a cake to your table. On it were a few petite candles.

 

“Myungsoo,” you whispered, “cake....?”

"Birthday,” he replied.

“Your birthday?” you squeaked as you spat out your orange juice.

“That explains the seaweed soup,” you thought as you mentally facepalmed yourself.

 

He smiled at you calmly while you flapped your hands around in frustration.

“I HAVEN’T EVEN GOTTEN YOU A PRESENT,” you cried, “the day is nearly over too.”

“You can still give me one,” he said while giving you a sly smirk.

"How?" you asked with curiosity.

 

He lifted your chin up and looked into your eyes. You could smell the cologne on his skin. After a few more seconds his lips crashed onto yours. Your lips locked together in harmony. It was like nothing you had ever felt before. His kiss was full of passion, full of warmth, full of.. love.


“Thanks for the present,” he smiled after pulling away.