A new friend

Love Story

 

"Be good in school and study hard. Alright Mei Lien?" I heard my mother say as she tied up my long, silky black hair. I softly nodded to her and promped a small pink bow into my hair. 
    "Mei Lien! The bus is here!" Shouted my grandmother. Excitedly, I got my stuff and ran downstairs. I waved to both my mother and grandmother and made my way toward the bus. My bus stop was the very last stop ever before we arrived to the school so, the bus was already filled. There was only one seat next to a boy with a very stern look. I sat next to him and immediately He immediately looked over at me.
    "Hello I'm Zhang Mei-Lien! You can call me Mae!" I tried to introduce myself as smoothly as possible. 
    " I'm Li Jia-Heng. I go by Kevin" His voice was rather soft and deep. His English was slightly accented, which I thought was cute. I started to talk to Kevin more and he was quite nice! He was easy to talk to also he was a really good listener. We talked the whole bus ride to school. Turns out that him and I have a lot in common. For example Kevin moved to Vancouver from Guangzhou, Gangdong, China. Like me! It really explained his small accent. 
    Soon we arrived at the school. Luckily, Kevin and I had the same class so I walked to the class room with him. He was very kind to me, He even held my bag! As I looked at him more I could feel my cheeks getting hotter. 
    "Your cheeks are red," Kevin noted as he pointed to my cheeks" 
    " It's hot out here, that's why." I gave a lame excuse as to why my cheeks were getting red. We quickly entered the class room and sat next to each other. I noticed a large group of girls surrounded by a desk. I tried to look at who it was. I just saw a cute, baby-faced boy. I could hear some girls say "Lu." So I automatically thought his name was "Deer" (Lu means Deer in Chinese) 
    The school bell rang and the teacher came in with a yard stick in hand. She put the yard stick down gentely and introduced herself 
    " Hello I'm Mrs.Zhuang. I'll be your teacher for 4'th grade this year," A warm smile bursted on her face as she sat down. "Ahem. We're going to start self introductions now. Starting from the young man in the back." 
    The boy stood up and calmly introduced himself. It went on like that for the rest of class. I had a slight problem though. As the teacher was trying to explain the rules of the class, I couldn't focus. I had my eyes fixated on Kevin. His short black hair, his mis-matched honey brown eyes, his fair skin. To me he was like a prince in ome of my mangas. 
    (Kevin POV) 
    Mae, Ah Mae. There is something about that girl that just makes me feel like I shouldn't leave her. She has Long, shiny black hair. Shocking Gray eyes, Fair skin. She's really pretty to me. I want to get closer to her and know her better. 
-------------------
*ON VALENTINE'S DAY* 
 
    (Kevin POV) 
     It's Valentine's day and you would expect the day to be full of love and happines, but today was just rainy and cold. Mae hasn't come to school yet, which worried me a bit, so I decided to wait in front of the school for her with the note I prepaired for her in hand. 
      (Mae POV) 
    Today is just stupid. It's cold and I have to wear a skirt since all my pants are in the wash. I woke up late and didn't have time to catch the bus so my dad is dropping me off. Well at least I got like... 30 minutes more of sleep. 
      "Have fun at school today Mae," My father said to me as he dropped me off at the street across the school. I quickly got out of the car and crossed the street to the school. I noticed Kevin waiting under the awning so I walked over to him. 
      " Why are you waiting?" He looked up at me and grabbed my wrist. He told me we needed to walk to class and should hirry before the bell rang. I walked with him to the class. We entered sopping wet and everyone was staring at us. We quickly sat down as Mrs.Zhuang walked in. 
       " Today we're not going to do anything, We're just going to talk and walk around class today" That was a first. Mrs.Zhuang is the "Work 24/7" type of teacher. She was a little hard on us for 4'th graders. Anyway, the class was really loud. All the girls swarmed that guy Luhan although I still called him Deer. The guys just sat there looking for some stupid thing to do. Kevin wasn't like that. He was sitting there like I was. 
    I tried to look for something to pass the time within my bag. As I was rummaging I found a letter, it was to Kevin. I realized it was a letter I had written to him for a day like this. I gave it to Kevin. "Here, for you" I handed it to him with a smile. 
     He looked at me and handed me a note. I smiled at him and opened the note. It was entitiled To My Mei Lien. The note was really sweet. It said;
     " Mei Lien. For the past 6 months you and I have gotten closer. I'm really happy to say that you are a part of my life and that you are my best friend. But maybe... Can we be more than that? Hehe this is awkward but, Will you be my valentine?" 
    I looked at him as he read my note. Although mine wasn't as cute as his was. I just straight up wrote "Would you he my Valentine?" on it. I felt slightly guilty that I didn't write as much. I thought it would be a little embarrassing for a girl to have to express her feelings to a boy. 
    Kevin looked up at me and smiled widely. I smiled back at him. I didn't realize the class was paying attention to us until I heard them all "Oooo-ing" at us. It didn't seem to bother Kevin cuz he sparatically just hugged me. The hug shocked me a bit so I hesitated to hug him back. When I did, the class "Aww-ed" at us. I could tell this was going to be the start of something new.
--------
 
 
So yeah thats the first chapter and yeah tell me what you think :3