002. Difference

I'm Not The Person From Yesterday

   Everything no longer felt the same. It didn't feel right. Nothing did. The air that she breathed, the days that she spent, and the entire world she lived in. One moment and the next, her entire life was vanquished to become another person. I was living a pretty good life. I lived everyday happily, barely having conflicts towards people or myself. I was Jung Ha Nuel, an average girl who had friends and was easy to get along with. Average in sports, average in socialization, average in grades, average overall. I lived life way better than Miyeon at the very least... wait--

    I felt suffocated, out of breathe, panic-striken, trapped. I stopped in the tracks of my arrogant thoughts. How can one believe they lived a better life than the other? How can one come up with such a monstrous statement like this? I lived through lies, through hiding, through fear, running from the predator as if I was life's prey. Miyeon was nothing alike. Nothing like me. She was born a prey, but was feared like a predator. She didn't hide. She didn't run. She lived as a better person. 

   The back of my throat ached heatedly, struggling to keep tears from welling in my eyes. My mind was screaming and heart was drowning,  "But I didn't ask for this," I cried. "I don't want to be someone else, someone better. I do not deserve this. Just tell me it's a dream, that I'm able to wake into reality because a person like me does not deserve another story that's not my owns."

   I wouldn't know who I am anymore. If this keeps up, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Mi Yeon's and my own's life. I wouldn't be able to know who I am. Jung Ha Nuel or Park Mi Yeon.

                                                                             

 

    Ha Nuel kneeled for more than an hour. Kneeling for an apology as if it was the only thing going in her mind right now. Her legs trembling and shaking, her eyes shut tight. No words came out of , only a few tears ran down her cheeks. Silently, she kneeled until the skies were no longer grey and wrapped with clouds about. The winds hushed and the sun timidly peeked from the sky. She was wrapped entirely in wet clothing that no longer gave her the warmth and comfort she needed.

   Many visitors stopped in their tracks to turn to her. To give her the look of sympathy and empathy, the pity and the understanding. sounds Jung Ha Nuel opened her eyes to see the same grave with the name 'Miyeon' engraved onto it. The ending has changed into a new beginning.

____________________________________

 

♜ ℳinsoo's note

Hey guys, it's been awhile. Actually, two years, heh. How have you been doing? Well, I am really sorry for not updating for so long. I was lazy but then I became extremely busy as high school began. Also, I've been working part-time too. Anyways, I've been learning new ways to express thoroughly through writing, so I hope I am able to show that through this fanfic. Also to clear something up, I do not exactly know how this story is going to end either, but it will not be dragged. I want to surprise myself.

Last updated: February 11, 2014