1

Double Identity

 

Unnoticed, he walked the corridors of Meiji University as if he was totally invisible to the eyes of the people who were just around him.

 

 He walked past people who were wearing clothes that could gain one's attention at first sight. Their clothes were branded, but not saying that his aren't. It's just that...these people around him wore stylish clothes and catchy accessories..while he wore a simple sweater, plain denim jeans, rubber shoes, and a pair of thick black framed glasses. His hair was combed but he didn't bother to put on some hairgel on it, making his light brown hair go down and cover the upper part of his face.. while some people here, even the guys, have highlights on their hair and is combed back, showing their faces.

 

 He tightened his grip on his backpack straps as he felt several eyes staring at him all of a sudden.

 

"Why is he approaching THAT??" he heard a girl whisper loud enough for him to hear. He then looked to his right and saw a guy of about his height approaching him.

 

"Yo." the guy said, leaving behind the group of people he was just chatting with earlier.

 

"y-yo.." he replied as he continued walking on his track, his footsteps getting faster than before. He didn't even look at the guy when he greeted him.

 

 "You're not very friendly. " the guy frowned as he blocked the way. "But let's be friends. "

 

 The guy held out his hand. "Inoo Kei desu!"

 

 He shook it. "Takaki Yuya desu." he said before continuing to walk again.

 

~.~.~.~

 

"So, in summary, you made a friend today? That's greaaat!!" Fai said before messing her bestfriend's hair which earned her a groan from the latter.

 

"He just transferred at Meiji this semester. I'm sure he will avoid me when he finds out that everybody is avoiding me too." Yuya said plainly.

 

 "Baka, don't think that! " Fai slapped the back of his head. That's the ever so violent Fai for you,  ladies and gentlemen.

 

 "Itai yo!!"

 

 "Stop being a pessimist, you idiot!!" She shouted at him. "Listen to me Bakaki...YOU ARE A GUY. And you better get yourself working your social problem out, or you will grow old alone! OLD, ALONE, DONE FOR!"

 

"I don't see the connection. " Yuya replied to her.

 

 Fai then pinched his face with one hand, making the latter form a fish-face. "If you're not social, you won't have any friends, if you don’t have any friends…YOU.WILL.NOT.HAVE.A.LOVELIFE. And if you don’t have a girlfriend, YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER ON YOUR OWN, AND I WON’T PAY ANY CHARGES ON YOUR FUNERAL. OKAY?”

 

 Yuya removed Fai’s hand off his face and sighed before standing. “Couldn’t care less about that.”

 

 “What??” Fai blinked.

 

“Besides…” Yuya spoke as he held the knob to Fai’s door. “..you don’t have a boyfriend either.”

 

 “Well I…”

 

 “YOU HAVE??”

 

 “..I have this guy friend…” she looked at him.

 

 “Who? Kento?” Yuya asked.

 

 “H-hai..” she nodded with her head lowered.

 

 “Eeeeh~~ someone’s blushing!!” he walked towards her again and ruffled her hair. He then smiled at her before heading towards the door again.

 

 “That guy better not hurt you.” He said. And with that, he left the Ogata residence.

 

~.~.~.~

 

 “And you better get yourself working your social problem out, or you will grow old alone!”

 

 Fai’s words repeatedly rang on Yuya’s ears as he lied on his comfortable orange bed. He then stood up and walked in front of his full-length mirror and stared at himself as he combed his fringe to the back with his hand.

 

 “I don’t look bad.” He frowned. And then all of a sudden, he started to question himself on why he chose to be silent at school.

 

 “Pfft. No. I don’t need social life.” His mood changed and frowned again.

 

 That’s final.

 

 He doesn’t need many friends.

 

 ~.~.~.~

 

 “Ohayou!!” Kei greeted as he jumped in front of Yuya out of nowhere.

 

 “Ohayou.” Yuya plainly said.

 

“So I was thinking…” Kei said out of the blue as they both walked the corridors. “..of inviting you to my party tonight.”

 

 “I don’t go to parties.” Yuya replied. “And aren’t you too new here to throw a party just yet??”

 

 “It’s a way of getting to know my new schoolmates!” Kei grinned.

 

 “Come on! There will be plenty of girls there..” Kei insisted even more.

 

 No. He doesn’t need any social life. That’s what Yuya thought.

 

 “Dude, come on!!”

 

 “No.”

 

 “Please??”

 

 “No way.” Yuya said as he shoved Kei off his way and continued on walking on his tracks when he was suddenly stopped by someone who handed him something.

 

 “You left this in the laboratory yesterday.” The girl said as she gave her his pen.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 “. . .”

 

 “IKUU!! WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE!!” Kei suddenly dragged Yuya running with him.

 

 “It’s still early!!” Yuya said, stopping. “…and I was going to talk to that girl..” he lowered his head.

 

 “Baka, I just saved y—OHHHH…” Kei started to speak but then just realized Yuya’s last sentence.

 

 “Saved me from wha—”

 

 “You like her don’t you?” Kei grinned.

 

 “I…” Yuya…was undecided.

 

 “YOU SURELY DO! WOW.” Kei patted Yuya’s right shoulder and smiled. “She’ll be in the party tonight.” He grinned once again. “Now, if you attend the party, that would be the perfect time for you to talk with her. She’s a nice girl, I think, I spoke with her a couple of times yesterday.”

 

 Yuya stared at Kei, as if he was still thinking. “I…” he looked at the pen in his hand that the girl had given back to him earlier. “…I will attend.”

 

 “YATTA!” Kei fist-pumped in the air.

 

 “Iku. We’re getting late for real.” Kei started walking.

 

 “Matte..” Yuya said, almost in a whisper.

 

 “What?” Kei looked back at him.

 

 “..her name?”

 

 “Oh.” Kei smiled. “She’s Kato Rubi.”

 

 

>>CHAPTER END<<