~

MOVED TO CHANCHOLO

Minseok pads softly back to his bed, the random flashing aiding him in his short venture. He sits at the edge of his bed, watching quietly as Zi Tao shifts around beneath his covers. Minseok knows what he's doing, he knows that he's scared. And there's that tugging, warm sensation spreading through his chest. His fingers twitch in his lap, and he bites his lip. This is the third night that it has been storming, and consequently the third night Minseok has sat on his bed watching the younger squirm beneath his blankets.

Fortunately for Minseok, or so he tells himself, Wu Fan has come in the past two nights and brought Zi Tao to his room so the younger isn't alone and scared. Minseok never fails to notice the almost disapproving look Wu Fan throws him as he leaves with Zi Tao because Minseok is always sitting up and watching when Wu Fan comes in and takes Zi Tao away. There's another flash, followed quickly by a clap and rumble that shakes the room. The storm is right above them, and this is the part where Wu Fan comes in and saves the day. Minseok stares blankly at the bedroom door. Another flash. Another clap. No Wu Fan.

His palms itch and his skin is covering itself in a thin sweat. His lips and eyebrows twitch as he looks between the lump named Zi Tao and the door that should be opening for Wu Fan. Another flash. Another clap. No Wu Fan.

There is a larger flash of lightning this time, and Minseok doesn't know how he does it, but he can hear the slightest whimper come from Zi Tao's direction over the shaking and booming of thunder. Still no Wu Fan, and now Minseok is moving.

It's three short steps to Zi Tao's bed, but Minseok stops after the second. His lungs fill to the brim with air, and empty until they burn, and he takes the last step, seating himself on Zi Tao's bed as little as he can. His palms no longer itch, there is no more tugging in his chest. He scoots farther onto the bed, his hip bumping what he believes is Zi Tao's lower back. A shaky hand places itself on top of the lump named Zi Tao, lifting immediately when the boy tenses. Another flash. Another clap. Minseok's hand is back in place, and he's whispering softly for Zi Tao to come out, for Zi Tao to look at him.

It takes a couple squeezes of the younger boy's arm, once Minseok finds it, before Zi Tao finally pulls the blanket down to his chin, his sweat covered forehead and cheeks, Minseok hopes that's sweat there, shining in the light of another bolt breaking the sky. His eyes look puffier than usual and Minseok's hopes of sweat are killed, and he just barely stops him from covering his head again. They sit in silence, save for their shaky breaths, waiting for someone to make a move, be it either of them or the storm that has seemingly calmed. Minseok slides his hand across the rough cotton edge of Zi Tao's blanket and searches for his hand, claiming it in his own once he feels the cool skin, and Minseok is whispering again. Coaxing Zi Tao out of his bed, their hands held firmly together despite the sweat trying to envelope Minseok's own. Another flash. Another clap.

Now Zi Tao is pulling Minseok to his bed. throwing the covers up and twisting their bodies to lay in it. Minseok isn't as surprised at the action so much as he is at the way he's responding. His body goes into autopilot and turns so he's facing the younger, pulling him close into his chest and burying his nose in soft black hair. Zi Tao's shoulder presses into him rhythmically as Minseok shushes against his scalp, one of his hands venturing up the larger males back, then back down. After a few minutes of scattered flashes and rumbles, Zi Tao's breathing slows and his body releases it's tension. Minseok gently presses his lips against the top of the younger male's head, and shifts his body down so they are forehead to forehead. What he doesn't expect is to be met with Zi Tao staring at him, at least from what he can tell. Minseok presses a finger to Zi Tao's lips before the younger can say anything, and takes his hand. He brings their hands up to their chins and starts playing with Zi Tao's fingers. Another flash. Another clap.

Zi Tao is roughly curling his fingers around Minseok's, earning more shushes and one of Minseok's hands running through his hair. He might see Zi Tao smiling. He can barely see the lines of the boy's face, the soft curves of his cheeks, the edges of his hair framing out along his face. Minseok releases his hand and drapes his arm over Zi Tao's waist when the younger closes his eyes again. The blanket is forgotten as Minseok gets lost in the warmth and steady rhythm that is held in his arms. He lids fall shut, his mind instantly drawing Zi Tao's sleeping face for him.

Minseok is met with a veil of grey light covering the room and Zi Tao's bed across the room. The only reason he knows he is not alone is because of the warm weight across and around his waist, oddly draped over his hip and thigh, and pressing against his back. He moves his hand down the mattress blindly until he finds the larger one fallen in front of his stomach. Zi Tao shifts, sending a wave down Minseok's spine when the very tips of his bangs tickle his nape. His back moves itself so it's pressing into Zi Tao's front more, an action Minseok will blame sleep on, and his eyes start to close again. They open again when Zi Tao pulls him ever closer, pressing his nose into Minseok's shoulder, hooking his leg, and consequently keeping Minseok from moving.

Minseok can't even react properly when he hears the rattling of their doorknob, and their door opening after a few failed attempts. He can't see who is there, but he figures it's a manager or Wu Fan. There is a mutter of Mandarin, Wu Fan it is, but Minseok is too tired and comfortable to translate for himself. The door closes, and Minseok hopes he can go back to sleep, but that hope is shattered when Zi Tao sits up, muttering about schedules and work, followed by both of their names being called from the kitchen living room area.

Minseok sits up, his eyes closed, wondering if it's bad he hopes for another storm tonight.