Prologue

Romeo and Juliet: The Untold Sonnet

“Yoon Hee” Chanyeol’s deep voice resonated through the empty school hall. It was after school hours and the young student had asked this girl to meet him in the hall “Yoon Hee?” he called out once more. He sighed and sat down in the middle of the hall with his legs crossed and his head propped up with his arm. “Who was I kidding?” he mumbled pitifully to himself.

“Chanyeol?” a familiar sweet voice called out. Chanyeol perked up and turned his head in all sorts of directions but there was no sight of Yoon Hee anywhere.

“Yoon Hee?” he called back.

A cute giggle was heard “Oppa, I’m over here” the girl said quietly.

Chanyeol noticed a small hand waving from behind a pair of curtains. He gave out a chuckle and stood up “I thought you weren’t going to come” he said as he walked over to the curtains.

“Why wouldn’t I?I like you and...You do like me, right?”

Chanyeol instantly nodded, however the girl could not see his confirmation. Without hesitation, Chanyeol drew the curtains aside to see the girl he had fallen so desperately in love with. “Of course I like you. You’re the most beautiful, sweetest girl I’ve ever seen” he smiled and cupped her chin in his hand whilst lifting her head up to face his “just my type” 

Yoon Hee gave a soft smile “and you’re my type too. There’s just one thing though...”

“Oh god, is it my breath?!” Chanyeol escalated into a panic.

She gave out another cute giggle “No silly. Our parents, I don’t know why but they hate each other” she pouted.

“Then we’ll just have to date in secret” the boy smirked “nothing’s going to stop me from being with you...nothing” 

Yoon Hee's eyes glinted with glee and smiled.

After their secret meeting, Yoon Hee agreed to date Chanyeol but only in secret. Though Yoon Hee was her parent’s favourite daughter she knew that wouldn’t be enough for them to accept Chanyeol.

 


 

“Did she say yes?” Kai’s eyebrow raised, giving him a questioning look.

Chanyeol eagerly nodded. He sat down comfortably on his bed “After two painful years of being her science partner but never really talking to her, I finally asked her out!”

“Wow...mum and dad aren’t going to be happy” Kai mumbled as he opened up his laptop.

“Well mum and dad aren’t going know!” Chanyeol gave his brother a death glare.

“Okay, I won’t tell them!” Kai raised up his both his hands defensively. Chanyeol replied with a satisfied smile.

“But you do know that if the Choi family find out, you’re also screwed”

“I know!”

 


 

 “Why are you smiling like an idiot?” Yoon Gi looked at her sister with a frown. “I’m just happy” Yoon Hee chuckled.

Yoon Gi then gave her a funny look and approached her sister slowly.

“What? Can’t a girl be happy?”

“Yes but you look like a total fool. Tell me why you’re so happy. Is it because dad gave you more money?”

“No” she shook her head.

“Mum gave you money?

“No” she shook her head again.

“You ate some cake?” Yoon Gi kept taking stabs in the dark but the only outcome was Yoon Hee answering with a no and her shaking her head.

 “A boy?” she said with one last attempt.

“No” Yoon Hee's eyes casted elsewhere to avoid her sister's deadly interrogative gaze.

“Aha! It is to do with a boy!” she pointed at the younger sibling with a smirk “You know, dad won’t be happy about that...he’s already arranged for you to marry someone else” she said nonchalantly.

“WHAT?!” Yoon Hee’s eyes widened “a-are you serious?!”

Yoon Gi nodded “So you better make the most of what you’ve got with that lover boy you're hiding”

“Yoon Gi, you are joking with me right? Please tell me you’re joking” she pleaded.

“Nope. His name is Insoo. I met him a few days ago, nice guy” Yoon Gi answered bluntly whilst flicking through one of her magazines.

“No! I can’t marry now! I’m too young”

“You’re not getting married to him now you idiot. Dad thought it was best if you were to be older”

“You’re lying! I’m asking dad!” Yoon Hee stormed off down the stairs and into the living room where her father was reading a newspaper.

“Dad...is it true that I’m going to marry a guy called Insoo?”

“Yes Yoon Hee, you’re going to marry a guy called Insoo”

“No! You can’t do this to- wait...did I just detect a hint of sarcasm?”

“Of course I was being sarcastic! Why would you be marrying a guy called Insoo? Unless...you already have a boyfriend....”

“N-no. Yoon Gi eonni just told me that-“

“Honey, how many times has Yoon Gi tricked you?”

“67 times exactly” she declared whilst feeling surprised that she’d kept that figure in her head.

He chuckled “And what makes you think you can believe every word she says?”

“Yoon Gi...I’m going to kill you” she mumbled whilst storming back to her room where the deceiving sister was comfortably reading her magazines.

 


 

 

 

And that's when the star crossed lovers began to date. From lab partners and a small crush to a loving relationship, the two eventually became unseparable but soon they were about to find out how much the two families hated each other and how much they wanted the two to be apart...