Ch12

Baker Queen Yoon Jayoo

Jayoo pressed in the code and the door opened with a peeping melody. The exhausted girl stumbled into the apartment, slid off her shoes and hung her sweater jacket and bag in the build in wardrobe. She exhaled facilitated; this day seemed like it only just started, and still, so much had happened already.

 

After the lunch break the three tardy people apologized to the owner, promising that would never happen again. He had forgiven them quickly though after hearing their explanation from his son.

“Of course, if helping someone is the reason for being late, there’s nothing I could be angry at you with” the owner said approvingly: “just next time, give me call will ya.” After that, Jayoo decided, that this was a really cool boss.

Whereas the morning was all about bread and mostly bakery products, the afternoon was designed for the pastries and cakes.

Jayoo had already wondered when they would do those. But since they didn’t have to be baked, this arrangement made actually sense.

After finishing and cleaning up, Jayoo felt reluctant to have to go home already. On the other hand she was glad to be able to rest and was looking forward to a nice dinner, cooked by Ji-hyo.

 

Jayoo stepped into the living room. Someone was playing a videogame and to her shock she recognized him as Junhyung.

“Ah, Annyong haseyo” she stumbled politely. But he didn’t mind her and just kept on hitting the buttons aggressively killing various Zombies surrounding him.

She shrugged her shoulders and strolled over to the fridge. She crabbed one of the coke cans and was about to open it when she noticed the guy on the sofa starring at her. She paused irritated, glancing back and forth between the coke and him. “Is this… your coke?, she timidly asked.

Junhyung just huffed end turned his attention back to the game.

Jayoo hesitated and then she put the coke back and said: “I’m not going to drink it then”, loud enough so he could hear her.

“Drink it…”

“What?” Jayoo had closed the refrigerator again and looked to the guy thinking that she heard him mumble something.

“Drink it” he said a little louder.

“It’s okay, I can drink something else, really.” She said shaking her hand vividly.

“I said drink it!” he commanded making the girl flinch at the sudden outburst.

“Alright, alright” she said startled and slowly took the coke out again watching the guy closely. He hadn’t looked away from the TV all this while and peered at the screen. She wasn’t sure if it was because he was so into the game, or because of the coke.

She carefully cracked the lid, making the carbonated drink sizzle. She glanced at Junhyung alarmed, but he didn’t say anything. Instead she noticed that his frown lightened a bit. Jayoo relaxed a bit and sat on a chair by the table, watching him killing monster after monster, mostly with what looked like an oversized ax. It seemed to be his favorite weapon. After a while, she had emptied her coke, she got up walked into her room, grabbed a change of cloth and went over to the bathroom.

“I’m going to take a shower” She informed Junhyung, who was totally absorbed into the game and didn’t answer. She shrugged her shoulders and went into the shower refreshing her tired skin and washing away her exhaustion. While showering, she started to wonder where Ji-hyo was. It was already 6pm; she should have come home already. After Jayoo dried herself and got dressed she texted her Unni, asking for her whereabouts, before she went back out again. She replied quickly and Jayoo opened the text still rubbing her wet hair with a towel.

‘I’m sorry, I have an important meeting and will work a little longer today.’  A few seconds later the phone vibrated again.

‘There’s still some leftover from yesterday you can just heat it up.’

Jayoo quickly went over to the fridge and looked for the food. She found the bowl with the mixed rice. She crabbed a Tupperware of kimchee as well and heated the rice up in a fry pan.

“Would you like some too?” she asked Junhyung. No answer, just rapid clicking of buttons. She split the rice onto two plates, grabbed two spoons and the kimchee and went over to the couch. She put his plate and spoon on the coffee table and sat down next to him eating silently while watching the screen getting splattered with blood.

He didn’t take note of the food and she didn’t want to push him to eat. So she just patiently sat there, munching on her own. After a while he gave up. He pressed the pause button and grabbed the plate in front of him and started eating, picking up big bites with his spoon. A sly smile spread over Jayoo’s face and she happily watched the guy gulp down his food. He didn’t want to admit it but he was really hungry and had wanted to eat the rice since she put it there. He finished faster than her, swallowed hard on the last bite and tapped his chest to burb. He cleared his throat and got up to go over to the fridge, where he took out two cans of coke, holding one of them out to Jayoo. She didn’t notice him until he growled quietly to get her attention. The girl looked up surprised at his sudden kindness. “Komawoyo” she said smiling. He didn’t look at her and frowned turning slightly pink.

He sat back down again and continued to play his game. Jayoo had finished her dinner as well and sipped joyfully on the coke.

“What are you playing?” Jayoo asked him curiously.

No answer.

“Oh, don’t tell me, I think I know it. Isn’t it monster Hunter?” she pondered.

“….Yes”

She nodded: “Thought so, I used to play an older version of it.”

He peeked at her quickly, but went right back to playing.

“You know, if you jump and press x two times and o right after while holding L1 you can make a double jump while brandishing your weapon hitting your opponent really hard.” She noted.

His head jerked toward her, eyeing her with a raised eyebrow in disbelieve.

“I mean maybe that only worked in the old version” she added alarmed.

He frowned, looking at the girl beside him suspiciously while she tapped her index fingers.

He turned back around and tried it. He killed the persistent, huge bird kind of thing that he was fighting unsuccessfully for the past couple of minutes instantly.

He looked at the little girl incredulously: “…thanks” he uttered.

She nodded embarrassed and scratched her head: “…no problem”

“Uhm… do you wanna play too?” he asked tentatively.

She shook her head: “No thanks, I like watching better… if you don’t mind” she added diffidently.

“Yeah sure” He approved and continued playing, passing the level of those stu birds easily.

Almost a whole hour past without them saying a word. Jayoo’s eyelids were getting heavy and she suddenly emitted a loud yawn. He didn’t mind her, and she slowly glided to the side dozing off.

 

“Hey, wake up” someone shook lightly on her shoulders. “Why are you sleeping out here, go to your bed”

Jayoo squinted her eyes looking up at Ji-hyo. She lifted her head a little and glanced around confused. She was lying on the sofa and a was spread over her. She sat up wiping the drool of her cheeks.

“Why did you sleep on the sofa?” Ji-hyo questioned amused looking at the dazed girl.

Jayoo scratched her head: “Junhyung-sii…”

“What?” Ji-hyo asked as she didn’t understand the girls mumbling.

She looked up at her Unni and gave her a tired smile: “Nothing, I guess I was just really beat.”

“Aigoo…” Ji-hyo chuckled and rubbed the girl’s hair, which were a total mess after having fallen asleep with damp hair. “Come on, let’s go to bed. It’s late already”

“Ne!” Jayoo agreed, and followed her to their room, taking the with her.

Did Junhyung-sii put this over me?

A happy smile spread across the girls face.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yah! have yall listened to theyr new song midnight???????

it's totally awesome, i freakin' loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it XD

I soooo gotta have their new album, I'm glad to have a friend in korea who promised to send me a copy ^___________^

Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *wiggles around joyfully*