Chapter 6

That Summer In Beijing

Chapter 6: Kris’ POV

Even before we got into the airport terminal, I could hear fans, mainly girls, screaming as their way of saying “Welcome to Hong Kong.” Fans at the airport were no surprise to us anymore and it was flattering that they were willing to come out and greet us but sometimes it’s just too much. We’ve already had a few incidents with members getting separated, lost, or hurt because fans will swarm around us and try and grab onto our bags or shirts while we’re walking. So far, all of us have managed to make it out in one piece but every time we land, I’m always worried that someone will get seriously injured.

“Stick together and follow Kris!” Manager Im ordered right before we exited the gate. “Kris,” he then said, turning to me.

I knew what he was going to say next. He told me the same thing every time we were about to get out of an airplane gate.

“Follow me and make sure that no one gets separated. If they do, do not move forward until you find them. And if you can, let the other members out before you since it is a bit easier for you to maneuver through a crowd,” he said. “Understand?”

Nodding in response, I then looked back at the other members, signaling that we were about to go in.

The moment I stepped foot into the terminal, the screams got even louder and lights from cameras began to flash.

Following Manager Im and airport security closely, I tried my best to smile for pictures and accept gifts from fans, but I knew that my first priority was making sure that everyone was safe. The last thing I wanted was for someone to get hurt. 

When I was able to see the exit to the parking lot, I quickly thanked the staff members and then let the other members pass me so they could get to the van. 

“Kris, go. I’ll be right behind you,” Manager Im said before placing a hand on my back and pushing me forward.

When the sliding doors closed behind us, the screams were muted a bit.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I then walked over to the van with Manager Im and climbed into the empty seat next to Chen. 

“I’m hungry,” Yixing whined from the row behind the one I was sitting in. “When do we get lunch?”

“First we need to check into the hotel,” Manager Im said. “Then we’ll figure out what to do about lunch.”

“Do we have anything scheduled for today?” I asked.

“No,” Manager Im replied. “We don’t have any schedules today, but I want you guys to stay in the hotel tonight. You have a concert tomorrow so you need your rest.”

“What about Thursday?” I asked.

“Look, I’ll go over everything, including your schedules when we get to the hotel,” Manager Im sighed. “Okay?”

“When are we going to get to the hotel?” Tao asked.

“In around forty minutes,” Manager Im answered.

“Seriously?” Luhan groaned.

“It’s not my fault that they decided to build the airport on an island,” Manager Im shrugged before leaning back in his seat. 

Taking my phone out of my bag, I turned it on and then get got my ear buds out. After plugging them into the jack and placing them in my ears, I clicked on the iPod application and pressed shuffle at the top of the screen.

Once music began playing, I exited that application and clicked on the SMS application. Clicking on Lily’s name, I sent her a quick text message that I had arrived in Hong Kong and to call me as soon as she could.

Pressing the lock button at the top, I then placed my phone in my pocket, crossed my arms over my chest, and closed my eyes. I was tired, I didn't have anything better to do, and we weren't going to get to the hotel for a while so I figured that this was the perfect time to take a nap.