Bacon

Bacon's Love Story

Wednesday - 10:21 PM

It was a typical day for Baekhyun in his small cozy room after his class - read and do his homework. Pile of books and notes were on his study table waiting for him to be read and done. What would you expect with the top student of their school.

But concentration is far from possibility now because of his noona walking in circles in his room.

Meet my sister - Taeyeon, 25 years old, part-time fashion designer and on top of that, she's NBSB - NO Boyfriend Since Birth. He rest his face on his fist as he watch his restless noona.

 

"Noona, will you stop for awhile? If you're going to do that the whole night, you better leave my room now." drawing his brows up and down and smiling thinly on his problematic sister.

Taeyeon pouted her lips on his younger brother and sat on his bed. Baekhyun turned his chair to face his sister then pat the bridge of his thick rimmed eyeglasses with his index finger.

"Tell me your problem my beautiful sister." giving her an assured smile.

"I have a date this coming weekend with my college crush and I don't want to mess this once in a lifetime chance of love." as his sister sniffs and sobs.

She's such a crybaby. Baekhyun shook his head and said, "I'm sorry my dear sister, but I don't know about dating, I can't help you. You better have some research ." turned his back at her and scan his notes again.

"Research? hmpf. What would you expect with the Mr. Nerdy Bacon of their school? I thought you knew everything." stood up and went on the back of her brother with her arms on her hips.

Baekhyun turned around and glared at her sister and fold his arms.

"Principles; theories; laws; Albert Einstein; Newton; Quantum Physics; What else? That's all you know. But love? What do you know about that? I'm really nervous right now because if he didn't like me, I might end up as spinster. Do you want that for your lovely sister?" pout her lips again and gave him he puppy-dog eyes.

 

Oh-oh. She's up with something. When she talks hastily at me. I know she'll ask me a favor.

 

"What do you want me to do?" he asked in monotone.

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around his brother, "Please little brother~ Be my CHAPPERON~"

"What? Me? On your date?.." HIs eyes bulged in surprise as he put down his sister's hands on her side and shook his head.

"I'll cut your allowance. I'll deprived you from foods and starved you till your brain cannot function anymore so that you'll flank for the very first time. And. And~ I will not talk to you anymore!" Threaten her brother childishly. She knows that this won't work on him.

He tilt his head to his sister and grin evilly at her, "Okay. I still have my own allowance from my tutoring session. You'll not talk to me? Can you endure that? Me? I can." sounding so relax and confident. Turned his back and flipped the pages of his books.

Taeyeon knows she can't do those things to her only brother. She became the head of the family when both of their parents died but wedding is one of her dreams for her self and she cannot let his beloved brother to ruin that - she has to convince him.

She wrapped her arms around again on his brother now tighter, "I'll try my best to send you to America for your college. Just say yes to me~" Say yes please. Taeyeon crossing her fingers on her head.

"Okay." Baekhyun agreed without looking to his sister.

"Really? Yes?" shaking her brother's shoulder. Baekhyun judt nod and his lips pulled to a smile.

I cannot say no to my sister, just want her to work harder for my yes.

Taeyeon jumped up and down on her place cheerfully.

 

"If you're finished, can I have my room alone? Look, I'm busy." smiled at her and waved his notes on his hand.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and sighed, "Fine. Just don't forget your promise." cocked her head on the door for one last time.

"Ne." Baekhyun assured her lamely.

 

Now, back to his business. He knows, it wasn't a good idea to be his sister's chapperon and he knows nothing about dating,girls and love. Because he's never been in love and doesn't even know how it feels like. He has a dark concept of love. For him it was like a black magic that someone casts in to you that you'll be hypnotize and fall to someone's spell and be his/her dog for a long time and he's not born to be someone else's dog. He believe his self to be the future pride of Korea so, love is last on his list.

 

 

 

Saturday, 4:38 pm

Eunice impatiently cupped her cheeks on her hands on the table, waiting for her brother's date. It was her idea to come to this restaurant in Gangnam-gu to check her brother's soon-to-be girlfriend and she has to keep an eye on the girl.

 

Meet my brother - Siwon, 26 years old. Model, part-time magazine writer and the worst - he's still single, ever since. Tapping her foot on the carpeted floor.

 

"Hey, will you stop making a face on me? I didn't force you to come with me and now, you're throwing tantrums? Aish." Siwon slightly slapped his sister's elbow.

"Aww. I never thought that you'll be this excited and wait here too early. Your date is 5 pm but we've been here an hour ealier. Aish." as Eunice rubbed her elbow and growl on her brother in a pitchy voice.

Siwon glanced at his timepiece and remembered something. He stood up and tap his sister's shoulder.

"Eun, just wait me here. I'll just buy her some flowers." and walked out to the door.

Eunice just shrugged and buried her face on her hands. What else can she do? Wiat for them to come. She flipped her russet hair and stare at the window beside her.

 

 

"Noona, where are you now? I'm on my way."

"Go to the restaurant that I told you. Tell the receptionist, reservation for Choi Siwon. Tell them that I'm gonna be late. Sorry. Bye."

She hanged up. Nice. He put back his phone on his pocket and started walking again toward the restaurant.

Baekhyun is only 1 block away when he spotted the restaurant.

 

 

"Good evening Sir." the receptionist greeted him with a warm smile.

"Reservation for Mr. Choi Siwon." he spoke politely.

"This way Sir." as the lady walk ahed of him and gestured to the 4th table beside the window.

"Here sir." then the lady left.

 

Baekhyun saw a girl sitting on the table and glanced at him as she flipped her soft shiny russet hair.

 

I felt my arteries constrict just now as my heart skips its beats. My whole body just heat up like I was set on fire. Her eyes pulls me to her  center. Everything inside me gone uneasy. I've never seen as beautiful as her. Her skin that glows, pink soft lips, cute cat eyes and crowned with russet shiny hair. Is this what you call love at first sight? Marie Curie, I'm sorry but I think I've found my other half. Baekhyun clutched his chest that was freakinly throbbing now.

 

"Hello? I don't mind if you take your seat." Eunice finally spoke as she waved her hand in front of Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sat down and rested his hands on his lap. He was trembling as if anytime he would have a nervous breakdown.

"You're not sick, are you? By the way, I'm Eunice. You might be Taeyeon's brother. I never thought that you'll be her brother." offering a handshake and gave him a sweet smile.

 

Will I took her hand or not? Don't be rude Baekhyun, introduce yourself to her.

 

"H-hi! Nice t-to m-meet you. I'm..."

Extending his hand shakily to Eunice, but he was cut by her.

"Your Byun Baekhyun. School's Mr. Nerdy Bacon. I know you." eyeing Baekhyun amusingly and giggled on him and shake his hand.

"You know me?" Baekhyun was surprised as his lips pulled to a tad smile.

"Ne. Who would've known you. You're a top student with an outdated fashion but you seemed nice. You should ask your sister to change your wardrobe." advised him with a slight of taunt. But put a hand over and mouthed, "Sorry."

"It's okay. It's my preference." his face fell down and turned his eyes away from her.

 

Oops! Watch your mouth Eunice, you tactless creature.

 

Eunice put a hand over Baekhyun's hand on the table. Baekhyun's eyes almost popped out as he felt electricuted by her touch.

250 V? No, 2,000 V. How could you make me feel such a jerk.

 

"You know, you're lucky. You are brainy and cute. You just need a make-over. Pastel polo isn't bad but left the first one. It'll choke you." As Eunice gestured on the first button and trying to lighten the mood.

"You might not notice me 'coz you're always in the library but I also study on the same school as yours." Pull away her hand and kept it on her lap and smiled at him.

She's nice, I guess. I still have a chance to see her then.

"T-that's nice to hear." stuttering as he kept his eyes on Eunice, pat his eyeglass on his nose nervously.

"I.."

"Hi guys!" Siwon called with a bouquet of tullips on his hand and sat beside Eunice.

Baekhyun's mouth hanged open. Forget it Bacon. Shaking his head mentally.

"You guys have quality time already?" Siwon said as he taking notice of Baekhyun in front of them.

"Finally, I met you now Baekhyun. Your noona is really proud of you." shaking Baekhyun's hand.

So, it seemed noona told him about me, nice.

"By the way, where's Taeyeon?" Siwon asked him but before he could answer, Taeyeon came striding towards them as she catches her breath.

"Mi-anhe-yo. Sorry to keep you wait." Taeyeon bowed to them as she smiled at them but her smile tainted with embarassment. She sat beside her brother.

"I think unnie you're sitting on the wrong place. Let's switch." Eunice suggested and wink at Taeyeon.

"Is that so?" Taeyeon asked shyly then shift her eyes to Siwon who is smiling warmly at her, revealing his cute dimples.

Eunice stood up and walked over to switch place with Taeyeon. Taeyeon sat with Siwon while Baekhyun with Eunice and it just intensify Baekhyun's anxiousness as he feel the heat rising up to his face.

 

 

Byun's Residence, few hours after the double date?

As usual, Baekhyun never get tired of studying. He faced his tons of books, letting his noona tell her story all over again.

"Aren't you tired of reading?" Taeyeon asked Baekhyun as she sits on her brother's bed, cuddling one of his pillow.

Baekhyun shook his head. Now that I'm more inspired? No way. He thought. Then he took a recorder from his drawer and toss it to Taeyeon.

"Catch!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Taeyeon catched it on time before it landed on the floor.

"What's this for?" Raising an eyebrow on him.

"Record your drama then I'll listen to it after this." as the corner of his mouth pulled to a smirk.

"Yah! Mr. Nerdy Bacon, how could you?" She stood up shoving the recorder on her hand as she walks towards  her mischievous brother.

Taeyeon cocked her head on Baekhyun's ear, "If I know, you're in love with Siwon's sister." Whispered in a sing-song voice.

Baekhyun turned around with his cheeks blushing in embrassment.

"What's. With. That. Blush little brother? Aigoo~ my brother's finally in loooveee~" pumping her chest as she make her exit from the room.

She noticed it? What else can I hide from her? Burying his face on his palms.

 

 

On the other day, in the school cafeteria

Baekhyun sat alone on his table, eating his lunch while his eyes searching for Eunice.

"Yo! Bro!" Cahnyeol's hand smacked Bacon's back.

"Urgh!Ehem!Ehem!" Baekhyun pund his chest as a lump of bread blocked.

"Sorry Bro. I didn't mean to do it." handing his friend  water.

Baekhyun drank and make a sound of relief.

"Didn't mean eh? Next time I won't help you with your homeworks." threatening his friend as he pat the bridge of his eyeglasses.

"Ani. I will not do it again." faking a tear as he wrapped his arms to Baekhyun's body.

 

Baekhyun's mouth fell open and his eyes follows the girl with a russet hair that passed in front of him.

He stood up letting Chanyeol fell on the floor.

"H-hi!"

"Jagiyah!~" a tall tanned good looking guy shouted, tailing Eunice.

Baekhyun choke on his word and kept his hand on his side.

Chanyeol stood up as he scratch the back of his neck and looked at his friend's disappointed face. He followed his friend's gaze and saw Eunice walking out of the cafeteria. He shook his head as he toook out his hanky and wipe something on the corner of Baekhyun's mouth. Baekhyun startled and slapped Cahnyeol's hand. 

"Aww." Chanyeol rubbed the back of his hand and pouted at him.

"You like her?" Cahn mumbled in a deep husky voice.

"Am.I. That. Obvious?" Baekhyun tilted his head to his friend. Cahnyeol chuckled then sling his long arms on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Ne. Because this is the first time you drool for a girl. Nerdy is inlove. This is a fresh scoop. This should be put in the school's newspaper. Headline : School's Nerdy Bacon fell in ove with the School's Queenka." as he gestured his free hand in the air as if drawing a newspaper.

"Queen-ka?" Baekhyun seemed surprise.

"You don't know she's a queenka? Come on bro. Listen, Choi Eunice is our school's most beautiful, most admired and richest girl here. She excels in academics too but not as good as you. She was born in Los Angeles but she's a pure Korean. And, that guy tailing her..." As he point the tall tanned student who is sitting near the entrance with his friends.

"That's Kim Jong In aka Kai. He's the Kingka here. He's also famous and girls are really dying for him. You know bro, you better bury your feelings for her 6 feet below the ground. I'm tall dude but not good in fighting I cannot back you up if you mess up with him." tapping Baekhyun's shoulder.

Chanyeol took his backpack, "Are you going to our band practice after school?"

Baekhyun's hope seemed to slip away after hearing all of it. 

"I don't know. I'm not a member so I'm not obliged to go." He also took his bag and darted out of the cafeteria.

Chnayeol scratch the back of his head as he watch his friend hopeless, "Sorry Bro, but love is really bitter. Sometimes unfair.