Power Rangers

Please, Don't Go: A Collection of Jongyu One Shots

 

Jinki sighed. He was sent out to get some groceries for his mother, but he ended up getting distracted by the arcade. He spent three hours playing games and spent about half the grocery money. He managed to get a few things his mother needed, but when he got home, he knew he’d be in deep trouble.

“Excuse me!”

The voice pulled him out of his thoughts. He looked to see a little boy with oddly colored hair. It was blonde and brown and a little bleached. He had never seen a little boy who dyed his hair. Must be a new trend, he thought to himself. The kid was oddly familiar though. He was a neighborhood kid. Jinki rarely went outside, so he wasn’t sure. “Yes?”

The boy pouted at him, “I’m lost… I got locked out of my house…”

Instantly, Jinki sat up, “Eh? Oh, really? Oh… um…” He had no idea what to do. He was awkward with little kids. He had no idea what to do with one.

His eyes widened when he saw the boy about to cry, “Y-yah, don’t cry! Um, peek-a-boo!” He said quickly.

The little boy blinked a few times before making a face, “I’m five, not two!”

“S-sorry,” he said nervously. The boy turned away from Jinki and started to walk away. His eyes widened and he followed after the boy, “Y-yah, what about getting inside?”

“I’ll find a way,” the little boy huffed, “You’re no help.”

Jinki walked after the kid and grabbed his hand, “No, let’s call your house. I have my ce-“

The boy glared up at Jinki and pulled his hand away, “I don’t know the number!”

The teenager blinked a few times. He touched his chin in thought. He had no idea what to do. He had never spent much time with a kid before. It was terrifying. And the fact it was the middle of winter, scared him even more, “Look, come with me and we’ll wait till your umma comes home.”

“I don’t have an umma,” the boy retorted, “My appa is at work. He doesn’t get home till late…”

Jinki knew what it was like only have one parent. He only had his umma, “More reason for you to come with me. Come on,” he said, holding out his hand.

 

 

They were in Jinki’s house now, getting warmed up. He had made the boy hot chocolate and took a towel to his head since it had been snowing and he didn’t want the kid to get sick.

“So what’s your name, kid?” Jinki asked as he sat down on the couch next to the boy.

“Jonghyun,” he replied as he sipped his hot chocolate.

Jinki smiled, “I’m Jinki.”

“Jinki?” Jonghyun said, tilting his head, “I don’t like it.”

The teenager stared at Jonghyun. He wasn’t suspecting that kind of reaction from his name. “I’m… sorry?”

Jonghyun nodded his head, “You’re forgiven… I like… Dubu…”

“Are you calling me tofu?”

The little boy nodded his head, grinning evilly, “Cause your so pudgy.”

“Yah! You… I… oh! Evil,” Jinki glared at Jonghyun before drinking his hot chocolate. He wasn’t going to argue with a little kid. Little kids were mean. He shouldn’t take too much offense to it, right?

He glanced at the boy when he felt something on his leg. The boy had laid his head on Jinki’s leg. Jonghyun’s eyes were closed. The teenager sighed. Seems like the boy was tired. He didn’t blame him. He was exhausted too. He laid leaned head on arm of the couch and closed his eyes, falling asleep as well.

 

 

Jinki woke to the sound of the TV. He opened his eyes and saw that Power Rangers was playing. Jonghyun was sitting on the floor, staring up at the TV with excitement. The kid was literally bouncing in his seat. When the Power Rangers got together and did their chant, he jumped up and starting saying the chant like he was one of them.

The teenager watched in amusement at the sight. It was literally adorable. Jonghyun tried to do a flip like the red Power Ranger, but tripped and smashed his face into the floor. Jinki burst into a fit of giggles.

The little boy looked up at glared, “Totally not funny!”

“A little funny,” Jinki replied, walking over. He sat down on the floor and looked at the little kid, “Who are they?”

“The Power Rangers! They fight and save the world from monster,” Jonghyun said explaining all the details. Jinki listened the whole time, amused by how cute the kid was. He decided to join in on the fun and watch the show with Jonghyun.

 

A few hours later, Jinki’s mother returned home. She walked into the kitchen and saw that Jinki hadn’t bought everything she asked for. She sighed and made her way into the living room. On the floor, Jinki and Jonghyun were passed out again. She had no idea who the kid was, so she went to Jinki and shook him awake, “Jinki… honey?”

“Umma?” The teenager mumbled. He pushed himself into a sitting position and looked up at his mother, “You’re back.”

“Mm, who is this child?” She questioned.

Jinki looked down at Jonghyun and smiled, “Jonghyun. He got locked out of his house on accident. His father returns home late, so I told him to come in. I felt bad for him.”

The mother smiled and ruffled Jinki’s hair, “Let’s get him home then, alright?”

The boy nodded and nudged Jonghyun. The boy struggled, but allowed Jinki to pick him up, “Hyung?”

“Time to go home,” Jinki said softly. He sat the boy down and helped him put on his clothes. Jonghyun just sat there with his eyes closed. Jinki picked him up once again and head out into the cold. He nuzzled Jinki’s neck, trying to hide from the cold, “Too cold…”

Jinki held onto the boy tighter and smiled softly, “I got you.”

He went up to a door and knocked. Immediately, an older male was at the door. He stared wide eyed, “Jonghyun.”

“I’m sorry. He locked himself out and said you wouldn’t be home till late. I took him home so he wouldn’t get sick,” Jinki explained.

“Thank God. Is he alright?” Jonghyun’s father asked.

“Mm, he’s just tired,” Jinki replied, handing Jonghyun over, though it was hard since Jonghyun didn’t want to let go, “Jonghyun, it is your appa.”

Jonghyun whined, “No… I want to stay with dubu hyung…”

Jinki chuckled and looked at the boy, “I live just down the street. Whenever you want to see me, you can, promise.”

“Pinky promise,” Jonghyun said lazily as he held up his pinky. Jinki smiled and intertwined his pinky with Jinki’s promise. Good night, Jjong.”

The boy waved tiredly, “Night, dubu hyung.”

Jinki watched the male take Jonghyun inside, while closing the door. He stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked back home. He never liked kids, but he definitely liked Jonghyun.