Love Is a Bully

Love Is a Bully (One-Shot)

 

He was in his own lost world. Everything seemed to be dark for him. He had just broken up with his ex-girlfriend again. It was his third time breaking up with the same girl. He promised himself not to fall for her ever again after the first break up but he just could not. He would end up missing her and again, he would look for her.


She told him that she did not have the heart for him anymore during the first break up. After the first break up, he did not bother her for quite a few days but then he came back. He started to wait for her in front of her school and “accompanied” her back home each day. He was really persistent. Because she was irritated by him, she decided to give him and date him again.


“Being dumped by the same girl again?” he entered his room and sat at the edge of his bed.


“Don’t mention anything about her anymore. I hate her!” he closed both his ears with his hands.


“That hatred won’t last for long. You will miss her again and look for her the next week. Ya, this is not the first time. It’s the third time, freaking third time,” he sighed.


“Shut up Yoo YoungJae!” he threw a thick book at Yoo YoungJae, his best friend.


“I know you are upset right now but you don’t have to kill someone by throwing this thick book! Jung DaeHyun, forget about her. She has someone else and she doesn’t need you. When will you understand the situation?” YoungJae had no choice but to be harsh to his best friend. He did not want DaeHyun to always think about her because he could not bear to see the hurt DaeHyun.


“Your life still goes one without her. Annyeong! I’m going to my room to study. You better start studying and stop thinking about her. She is not worth your time,” YoungJae went out of DaeHyun’s room and closed DaeHyun’s door. YoungJae then went to his room to continue his revisions.


YoungJae tried to understand his best friend, DaeHyun, but he just could not. He did not know why DaeHyun loved her so much that he did not want to leave her. YoungJae himself did not find that girl attractive or charming.

__________


“Noona, what’s wrong?” his younger brother entered her room. He found her sitting at a corner crying.


“Oh, JongUp ah,” she wiped her tears and she hid her hands behind her back.


“Noona, you got beaten up by them again?” his younger brother saw bruises on her hands.


“Ouch! JongUp ah, don’t tell Eomma and Appa about this okay? I don’t want them to be worried about me. Promise me that you won’t tell Eomma and Appa,” her brother nodded.


“If they were to touch your face, I’m not going to keep quiet,” JongUp went to his Noona’s dressing table to take an ointment to apply it on the bruises on his Noona’s hands.


JongUp had no idea why his Noona was always being beaten by a group of girls in her school. He tried to ask his Noona but he did not get any answers. As a good nam-dongsaeng, he would always be there for his Noona. He loved his Noona more than anything else because without her, he would not be able to learn music. The Moon siblings’ parents did not want any of their children to be in the media or entertainment industries because to them, entertainers do not make a lot of money. Their parents wanted the Moon siblings to be like them, successful entrepreneurs.


JongUp remembered how his Noona deal with their parents after he said he wanted to learn music. After a few tries, his Noona succeeded to convince their parents and JongUp was allowed to learn music after he graduated. He was even allowed to join a dance group organized by his school. From that day onwards, JongUp treated his Noona like his princess. He was blessed to have her as his Noona.


“Thank you angel,” she ruffled her nam-dongsaeng’s hair.


“That’s what siblings are for Noona. We help one another each day,” he smiled at his Noona.


“Moon JungAh, Moon JongUp, dinner is ready!” their Eomma called out their names from the first level of their house.


“Remember not to tell Eomma and Appa about this,” JungAh warned her nam-dongsaeng.

__________


“JungAh ya, don’t you feel warm each day?” her Eomma asked her.


“No. Why?” she gave a short reply.


“You have been wearing long sleeves each day. I’m getting worried because you were never like this before,” her Eomma touched JungAh’s hands. JungAh was in pain, but she endured it. She did not want her Eomma to find out about the bruises she had on her hands.


“I have the urge to change style. I got bored wearing short sleeves, so I change to long sleeves. It’s comfortable Eomma,” JungAh managed to smile at her Eomma.


JongUp was worried about his Noona. He had the urge to tell his parents the truth but when he looked at his Noona, he changed his mind. He wanted his parents to deal with the group of girls that always bullied his Noona. He could not bear to see his Noona being hurt by others each day.

__________


“What are you doing here?” she dragged him to a quiet place where no one could see them.


“I miss you,” he looked down.


“Jung DaeHyun, can you please don’t come here anymore? Because of you, I suffer a lot! And please remember that there is nothing between you and me,” she broke down into tears.


“What’s wrong JungAh? Are you okay? Don’t cry… I’m here with you,” he hugged her. She continued to cry. She did not care if the group of bullies saw her with DaeHyun. It was time for her to tell DaeHyun everything.


DaeHyun was worried about JungAh. She had never cried in front of him before, not even during break ups. She was always cool and relax whenever they were together. That was what made DaeHyun attracted to her. Unlike other girls, JungAh did not accept DaeHyun because of his looks. She did not accept him because she was irritated by him. She had her reasons to accept him. Like him, JungAh missed him too whenever she could not see him. DaeHyun brought her to a café where they would always hang out during their dates.


“At first, I decided to accept you because of your heart of gold. I had seen you helping people around the neighborhood for quite some time. The scene where you help that blind old man who wanted to cross the road was really charming. Instead of ignoring him at the traffic light, you started to have a conversation with him and then helped him cross the road. That time, I felt that I wanted to know more about you. I don’t like you because of your looks and I’ll never fall for your looks,” she started to talk.


“On the day I wanted to meet you and confess to you about my feelings, you came to me first and confessed to me. You were really sweet. You don’t know how happy I was when you confessed. I thought our relationship would last but things happened. The truth is, I never wanted to break up with you but I’m force too,” she looked down.


“You were force too? Who forced you?” DaeHyun got even worried.


“They were a group of jealous girls who are crazy over you. They stalked us during our dates and the next day, they would hit me in school. No one knew about this because they hit my hands and legs. They did not want to touch my face because they know that they will get into trouble if my parents know about this,” she continued revealing everything. She even showed the bruises on her hands.


“Wait, before you say something, let me finish my story. Now, do you know the reason why I broke up with you three times? I don’t want to be beaten or bullied again. And if you think I hate you, you are wrong,” she ended her story.


“Hmmm, I did not know that you suffer a lot because of me. Silly girl, you should tell me the truth earlier,” he ruffled her hair.


“Look at what they did to your hands. Aish, I need to meet those girls tomorrow,” he was angry.


“No… I want you to leave me. Those girls will continue their stupid actions if they see me with you. I have enough of this. I know that you are hurt, so am I. Let’s be strangers from today onwards,” she left the café.


Her heart felt heavy. She did not want to separate from him again but she had no choice. She either give up on him or her life. There was another thing that she hid from DaeHyun. The group of girls threatened to make her life even miserable than before. She did not want to report her situation to anyone because she knew the girls would be in trouble.


DaeHyun thought that JungAh was a foolish girl. She sacrificed her own happiness because of those girls who bullied her. She could simply made a report and get those girls arrested. DaeHyun felt that JungAh was selfish. She cared about her sufferings but she did not care about his feelings. To DaeHyun, JungAh’s love for him is a bully. 

 

Hello guys! Yeah!! A new one-shot!! Heheh! Since I am having trouble thinking of Chapter 6, I decided to write a one-shot today. My ending is a failure because I suddenly had no idea what to write. Uwah!!! Please forgive me because I'm still a rokkie writer. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy reading this one-shot. Do comment and subscribe. I'll be waiting. Thank you!!