Flawless Noona

Once in a Lifetime

 

I blinked my eyes for scores of time right after my fingers oscillated. I heard the alarm rang obscurely. I streched my body and pulled the wool blanket until it covered my head to my toes instead.
 
 
“Mrs.  Jung, please help me to bring all of these thing,” I opened my eyes ploddingly after i heard something noisy outside. Who did make this noisy thingy early in the morning? I sighed. “From now on, you will live here, dear,” I heard that voice again. This time, i heard it clearly. No doubt, it’s dad’s bariton voice.
 
 
‘Dear’? With whom did daddy talk to? I got up from my bed immediately. The sleepiness dissapeared slowly, along with my curiousity that reach a crest. I tried to open the curtain also the window. I narrowed my eyes because of the sun shine that sting because this is summer. The sky was bright blue, not clouded at all. I can felt the summer air that blown my hair. I closed my eyes. It was a perfect sunshiny day. 
 
 
I catched a sight of a little girl who wore a white long dress with a floral motif. Her beautiful long hair was played by the summer air. I noticed that she has milk-skin and sharp nose. She was taking a look at the flower in the garden. She picked the dahlia and sniffed it. What a cute girl.
 
 
I can’t help but kept paying my attention to her. I guess she’s contemporary of mine or maybe younger. She was bubbling with laughter while chasing a butterfly. She was running and running. And finally, she was running towards the window of my room; yeah, towards me. I can’t do anyting besides scratched my head and smile awkwardly.
 
 
What the hell did i do? Her smile was dissapeared the moment she saw me. I waved my hand and smile awkwardly once again. “Hi!” She was still in silent. She kept staring me with her wide eyes.
 
 
“Miss Park, where are you?” Suddenly we heard something from the veranda. We both were staring each other because confuse who just talked. Then, she ran and left me who still puzzled. Out of a blue, she stopped her step and whipped round towards me. She waved her hand and smiled. And now, there’s something in my mind; Didn’t i just see an angel smile?
 
 
-
 
 
“Hey kid, have you woke up? I have a surprise for you,” I heard someone knocked the door the moment I brushed my teeth at the bathroom. I stared at my self in the mirror. “Already, daddy! Wait, i’m taking a shower now,” I took my towel and took a shower quickly.
 
 
I looked for Dad’s existence and found no one. Luckily, i found one of my maid who passed me while holding a tray. “Sorry, i was looking for my Daddy. Do you see him?” She chuckled after i asked her. “He’s waiting for you in the back yard.” I nodded and thanked her. As she said, i ran to the backyard to meet my surprise. I was curious to the max. 
 
 
Finally i found Dad who was sitting on the swing near the swimming pool. I cleared my throat. “Isn’t it going to break if Daddy sits on it?” Dad seemed shock with my coming. He chuckled. “You think?” I approached him and sat on the swing together with him. “So, where’s my surprise?” I smirked. He just smiled in silent whereas i just swung my leg. “Here she is,” He had a voice all of the sudden. ‘She’? I turned my neck joint as he told me. 
 
 
I found her. I found that angel. And she smiled again even more flawless than before. She looked even prettier now. Her beautiful hair fell perfectly without her trying and it covered a half of her innocent face. I can smelled jasmine scent that may come from her perfume. Her white-floral dress also increased her prettiness. 
 
 
Dad whooped all of a sudden. I blinked my eyes. Did i just hypnotized? “So, this is Jiyeon. She’s your step-sister that i have told you already,” I stared at Dad, then back to the girl as far as i know named Jiyeon. So this is my step sister? 
 
 
“And you see this is your brother, Jaebum,” He said as he messed Jiyeon’s hair. “I guess you two should be knowing each other. Oh, and i’m sorry to say this, i have to go back to the office. You know, i’m such a busy business man,” This time he messed my hair before he left us while bringing a briefcase.
 
 
We were staring at each other. I know she was as confused as myself. She walked towards me and sat right beside me on the wood swing. “Hi, Jaebum,” She smiled. “Oh, hi. Shouldn’t you call me oppa?” She giggled as she swung her legs. What? It was no loughing matter.
 
 
“I think you’re the one who should call me noona,” She said. “I’m not that kiddo, Jiyeon,” I pouted without stared at her. It was better to stared at the pool than stared at her. Because i was afraid. I don’t know, it was the afraid feelings of getting freeze and hypnotize by her flawless smile.
 
 
“Accept the reality, i’m older by one year,” I stared at her with a gaped mouth. She just chuckled again with my responses. “June 7th, 1993. I’m 12 this year. Older, right?” She said as she put her tounge out. 
 
 
“I was just tricked by your innocent face,” I scratched my neck awkwardly. “Sorry, noona,” I bowed with an embarassed.  “No matter. Maybe it because we haven’t known each other,” She smiled again and again. No, i know one thing noona; you’re flawless. “So, let’s knowing each other,” She said as she sticked out her right hands. I can’t help but takehold of her hand and smiled.