"You are my heaven" - Ailee

Searching For Heaven

 

“Where should we look first?” Luhan asked excitedly, as he hopped in the trailer car that Sehun rented. “I was thinking about going up the mountains. It’ll probably bring us nearer and closer to Iva noona,” Sehun answered, as he was driving.

“It feels great to smell the fresh air out here,” Luhan said with a smile, as he looked up to the sky. Sehun chuckled, as he was happy to see Luhan’s smile. It’s been a long time since Luhan ever smiled.

“Hyung, you should eat something,” Sehun suggested, and Luhan shook his head. “I’m not hungry,” he answered, as his head is still poking outside the window. “You’re so skinny like a stick. Iva noona won’t remember you if she sees you,” Sehun said, and Luhan thought for a bit.

“Yeah, I have stopped eating for a while. I will eat then, so Iva will recognize me,” he smiled, and took the sandwich from Sehun’s right hand. “Eat a lot and eat until you’re full,” Sehun said to him.

“Sehun-ah, thanks for taking me out to search for heaven,” Luhan thanked his young friend, and they smiled. “No problem at all, hyung. I just want my jolly hyung back again. So if it takes to find heaven for Iva noona, I’m willing to do anything,” Sehun replied, and Luhan pats his friend’s shoulder.

Luhan then took out three Polaroid photos from his bag he holds. Smiling at them, he touched the photos lightly.

“Iva noona?” Sehun asked, and Luhan nodded his head. “Yeh,” he answered with a small smile. “Rest assure hyung, you’ll get to see her when we find her,” Sehun said, and Luhan nodded his head.

When nighttime falls, the two boys will stop by at random hotels, and sleep there. As for breakfast, Sehun would just usually drop by at a gas station to pump gas, and buy whatever that any gas station has.

Sehun just wants to take Luhan out of his home, and cruise around wherever that will make Luhan happy. Sehun knows that there’s no way this ‘heaven’ can be found, but he said it to make Luhan happy.

“Are you crazy, Sehun? You will never be able to find heaven. What happens if you both travel until you grow beards?” Kris asked, and Sehun snickered.

“Well no one was convincing enough to get Luhan hyung out of his room. Who was the one that got Luhan hyung out? Me,” Sehun argued back.

“This is insane. Luhan is going to go mad when he knows that heaven doesn’t really exist. You’re a fool,” Suho said, and Sehun shook his head.

“I’m a genius with brains. You hyungs ain’t got nothing like what I have. Deal with it, that Luhan hyung is out of his room, thanks to me,” Sehun confidently replies, and walks to the car.

Sehun looked to the passenger side, and saw that Luhan was using his telescope.

“See anything, hyung?” Sehun asked, and Luhan inhaled and shook his head, as he exhaled slowly. “Nothing yet,” Luhan answered. “Are you tired, hyung? You look like you haven’t slept for days. You do sleep at night, right?” Sehun asks, worried at the dark circles around Luhan’s eyes.

“I’ve been sleeping, but just not very much. I keep having a weird dream,” Luhan answered. “Weird dream?” Sehun asked, not understanding. “It’s very repeats over and over. This dream had started since we’ve started on this trip. It’s like a sign, that there’s no heaven,” Luhan explained, and Sehun pressed on the brakes hard.

“What are you saying, hyung? There is heaven! Weren’t you told that Iva noona is in heaven?” Sehun asked, raising his voice. “I don’t know what to believe, Sehun. What if there isn’t any heaven?” Luhan asked in distraught, and Sehun hissed.

“So you’re just going to give up? Go back home and cry in your room? You rather cry for Iva noona to return, than search for her?” Sehun argued, and Luhan shook his head in frustration and anger.

“I don’t know what to do, Sehun. I’m lost and confused! I just can’t accept the fact that Iva is dead and gone. What if we do find heaven, but can’t even bring Iva back? It’s been months!” Luhan shouted, and Sehun ignored Luhan’s words.

“I’m doing this for your own good, hyung. I’m trying my best to make you happy, and we’re going to find Iva noona,” Sehun said, as he started to drive in the blank desert.

Luhan shuffled around his seat, as he sat back and stared out into the lonesome road. He can see the mountains from afar, but something wasn’t right. He swore he just saw a flash of lightening, but Sehun didn’t seem to budge.

Maybe I’m just imagining. Luhan thought, and closed his eyes to rest for sleep.

After a couple of hours of driving on the same road, Sehun stopped the car to gas up some more at the tiny gas station. Luhan awoke from the hard brake, and sat up to find Sehun unbuckling himself.

“You should probably grab something to eat,” Sehun suggested, and Luhan nodded his head, and heads out of the car after Sehun. “Welcome gentlemen, can I help you both with anything?” The kind clerk lady asked, as she stood behind the register.

“$60.00 for number three, and whatever this man is buying,” Sehun answered, as he plops a hundred dollar bill on the table. “Woah, now where are you two gentlemen heading?” The woman asked, as she takes the hundred-dollar bill.

“We’re searching for heaven,” Luhan flatly answered, and the woman gave him a puzzled look in return. “Heaven?” She asked, and then sees Sehun shaking his head, and the woman smiles at Luhan.

“Well you both be safe out there now, because it’s been going on in the news that a huge storm is heading this way. I suggest you both stay here at the open inn tonight, and continue on your trip tomorrow,” the woman suggests, but Luhan shakes his head.

“We can manage through this storm. I’m sure it’s not huge like what they say,” Luhan replied, and the woman shakes her head. “Besides, if it comes, we’ll stop at a hotel up ahead,” Sehun added.

“You won’t run into anything for a while. It takes two hours to see another home, as there ain’t nothing here much,” the woman says, and Sehun felt concerned for a moment. “We’ll be fine,” Luhan replied with an assuring smile, and grabbed his food.

After taking his change, Sehun thanked the woman and left to the car. Watching Luhan buckling his seatbelt, Sehun sighed.

“Hyung, maybe we should stay until the storm passes through,” Sehun suggests, and Luhan shook his head. “The storm is heading this way, but isn’t here yet. If we make it to the mountains, we’ll be fine,” Luhan replies, and Sehun nodded his head.

Whatever makes his hyung happy; Sehun was willing to do anything.

“Maybe I should drive for a while, as you’ve been driving too much,” Luhan suggested, as he can see the tiredness in Sehun’s eyes. “I’m fine hyung,” Sehun replied, as he just continued onto the mountains.

“Sehun, stop being stubborn and let me drive. You need to rest more than I do,” Luhan said, as he tried snatched the wheel. “Fine, fine, hyung wins,” Sehun chuckled, and Luhan smiled with glee.

Sehun made a quick stop on the road, as the two boys switched seats. With Luhan driving this time, Sehun quickly fell asleep.

 

Soon after, Sehun woke up from his sleep, and found that Luhan was passing by a tiny town. He smiled at the children he saw playing, and also enjoyed the fresh air when rolling his windows down.

“See, no storm,” Luhan said, and Sehun chuckled. “It’s almost dark time,” Sehun mumbled, as he saw the sun slowly setting from afar. “Your turn to drive now?” Luhan asked, and Sehun nodded his head.

“We can switch after stopping at another gas station. I need to get some coffee,” Sehun answered, and Luhan agreed. “I can’t believe that you drove for two hours. Remember what the woman had said?” Sehun said, and Luhan nods.

“Yeah, when I passed through the town, I didn’t see any storm coming either,” Luhan replied. “Well, we better safe than sorry. I’m glad we had reached a town. Let’s rest up for tonight,” Sehun suggested, and Luhan shook his head.

“There isn’t any storm coming, so we should just keep going. Besides, you got your sleep already. I’m not very tired either, so I’ll talk with you to keep you up,” Luhan said, and Sehun tilted his head to the side.

“C’mon Sehun, we can get through this. I’m not tired anyways, and you’re not tired anymore,” Luhan bugged the maknae. “Okay, okay, fine. We’ll continue on the trip, for you,” Sehun gave in, and Luhan cheered with joy.

After Luhan parked at the gas station, he changed to sit on the passenger side, and smiled. He took out the three Polaroid pictures of Iva, and sighed.

“I’ll see you soon, my dear,” Luhan whispered at the pictures, and kissed them.

Sehun came out shortly after with coffee, and the two boys started their trip again.

“Luckily this town isn’t as dead. It looks like a fun country side to be around,” Sehun said, as his eyes wandered around. “Yeah, I think it’ll be fun to come out here and have some fun with the crew,” Luhan agrees along.

“So hyung…” Sehun’s tone trailed off, and Luhan looked at him. “Yeh?” Luhan asked. “If, and I’m only saying if okay?” Sehun started off, and Luhan just nodded his head. “What if Iva noona isn’t nowhere to be found when we reach heaven?” Sehun asked, and Luhan then thought for a bit.

“Hm, I didn’t think of that. Still, we have more than 50% of finding her, right? I mean, there is heaven, so Iva should be there,” Luhan answered. “But it’s heaven we’re talking about. There can be more than one person there,” Sehun said, and Luhan shrugged.

“I’ll do whatever it takes to bring Iva back. Even if it takes a year or two to find Iva in heaven,” Luhan replied, and Sehun slightly nods.

 

Soon it got dark, and heavy rain poured like no tomorrow. Sehun tried his best to drive in the dark with heavy rain, as Luhan tried to peek out for any hotels.

“I think the storm is heading our way, hyung,” Sehun said, and Luhan shook his head. “Can’t be, because this is just rain,” Luhan answered, not believing about any darn storm.

Sehun then parked the car on the side of the road, as he took out the iPad.

“What are you doing? Just keep driving,” Luhan said, as he tried snatching the iPad from Sehun. “I have to see how large this storm is going to get, because I don’t want us to get stuck out there alone,” Sehun replied, and Luhan tries fighting some more.

“I will look it up for you, okay?” Luhan decided, but Sehun shook his head. “The weather reports that the storm is going to be huge. Hyung, we’re heading back,” Sehun replied, and starts the engine and makes a u-turn.

“What? No Sehun, forget about the storm. Weather reports always lie. We can make this,” Luhan argued, but Sehun ignored him. “Yah, Yah!” Luhan raised his voice this time.

“Hyung, I only lied to you about heaven, okay? There isn’t such a place like heaven that can be found. We will never reach to Iva noona either, because she’s dead!” Sehun snapped, and Luhan angrily pulls onto the steering wheel.

“Hyung, stop it! This is dangerous!” Sehun shouted, but Luhan ignored him. “Iva is not dead! We’re turning back to find her!” Luhan yelled, as the car swayed from side to side on the slippery dark rainy road.

“There’s no such thing as heaven! Iva noona is really dead. Accept the truth that the dead cannot revive!” Sehun raised his voice, and Luhan burst into tears. “Take that back! Iva is not dead. She’s here with me, with us!” Luhan cried, as he finally let loose of the steering wheel.

Sehun tried to take control of the steering wheel at last, but then while being on the wrong road, there was a truck coming towards his way. With several screams and hard turns, the trailer car of Sehun’s flipped.

The car flipped off the road and down on the right side of a tiny hill. Coughing and pushing hitting the car ceiling, Sehun quickly unbuckles himself. He looks over at Luhan, and saw that he wasn’t moving.

“Hyung…” Sehun called to him.

Luhan squinted his closed eyes, and then felt a warm hand touch his cheek.

“Luhan hyung!” Sehun forced his energy out to call to Luhan.

Luhan blinked multiple times, and then slowly opened his eyes to see nothing but a blurry figure looking down at him.

“Is everyone okay? Are you still alive?” Sehun heard voices from outside the trailer. “Please… help me,” Sehun pleaded the voices.

“I…va?” Luhan asked, as his vision got clearer, as he felt his head resting on a soft comfortable pillow.

“Help me pull out my friend,” Sehun cried, as two men had help pulled out Sehun to the grass.

“Hi Luhan,” the cherry tone of Iva’s greeted Luhan.

“Are there any hospitals nearby?” Sehun asked the guys, as one of them held him to the car, as the other one carried Luhan’s unconscious body.

“Iva,” Luhan called out to her, and quickly sits up.

“Yeah, luckily you’re near one. Although it’s a small hospital and not large like any other, we can take you there,” the man holding onto Sehun answers.

“I missed you, Iva,” Luhan said, as he hugged Iva tightly in his arms, and he felt her arms hug him back.

“Please be okay, hyung,” Sehun prayed, as he held onto Luhan in the car. “Iva…” Sehun heard Luhan whisper.

“I missed you too, Luhan,” Iva replied back, as she pulled away to look at him. “You look so different,” Luhan told her, as he caressed her cheek. “I look different? You’ve gotten so skinny. Don’t diet yourself,” Iva scolded Luhan, and he giggled.

“Hyung, we’re at the hospital now. Stay with me!” Sehun spoke to Luhan, as a doctor and three nurses rolled Luhan to a room.

“Where am I? Why is everything so white? Also, why are you dressed in a white dress? Are we getting married?” Luhan asked, and then looks at himself. “No silly, this is heaven, and I’m dressed in white because I’m an angel with no wings,” Iva answered, and Luhan narrowed his eyebrows at her.

“This is heaven? Hmph, I knew it that heaven existed. Sehun said he lied to me that it didn’t exist and that you were gone. But you’re not gone, and I can bring you back,” Luhan said excitedly, but Iva shook her head with a sad smile.

“Sir, we’re going to need you to stay out here,” a nurse told Sehun, as she stopped Sehun by the doors. “He’s alive right? Luhan hyung is okay, right?” Sehun asked questions to the nurse, but she entered inside without answering.

“Luhan, I can’t return with you. Like I told you, I’m an angel without wings. Once I get them, I will no longer be stuck in this white room we’re in,” Iva explained. “No, you have to go with me. I finally found you,” Luhan shook his head, as he held onto Iva’s hand.

“Lay hyung, I need you guys to come down and get me and Luhan hyung,” Sehun said, speaking over the cellphone. “What happened? Why do you need us to get you and Luhan? Did something go wrong?” Lay asked.

“Just come to…” Sehun looked around for the town’s name, “Mystic Sand Town.”

“Iva, please return home. I need you, I miss you, and I want you. I’m nothing without you, Iva. I’ve been so alone when you had left me. Please don’t leave me again, Iva. Let’s go home,” Luhan begged like a child, and Iva lightly ran her fingers through Luhan’s soft hair.

“I can’t return with you, Luhan. Even if I return, I’ll not be a living person, but a wandering spirit with no soul. Luhan, you should return though, as it’s not your time to pass on,” Iva told him, and smiled at him.

“Where the heck did you and Luhan drive to? I’ve never heard of this Mystic Sand Town,” Lay asked, and Sehun hissed. “Just hurry up, Luhan and I have gotten in an accident. We’re both injured—“

Before continuing on his sentence, Sehun saw three doctors and more other nurses following each other and entering inside Luhan’s room.

“Hello? Hello? Sehun!” Lay spoke.

“What’s going on?” Sehun asked a nurse who came out of the room. “The patient’s heart stopped, and we’re trying our best to bring him back,” the nurse answered, as she ran down the hall and enters inside another room.

“LUHAN HYUNG!” Sehun cried loudly, as his cellphone drops to the floor.

Luhan looked around the white room, as he heard Sehun’s voice.

“What’s wrong?” Iva asked, as she saw Luhan’s head wandering around the room. “I keep hearing Sehun,” Luhan answered, as he looked at Iva. She gave him a puzzled look, as she doesn’t hear anything.

“Hyung, no! You can’t die!” Sehun cried loudly, causing a loud commotion. “Get the guy out of here!” A doctor yells, and Sehun saw Luhan’s motionless body lying on the surgery bed. “LUHAN HYUNG!” Sehun screamed again.

“Sehun is calling for me,” Luhan said, as he stood up from white floor. Then he felt Iva’s hand touch his shoulder. Her head also rested on his back, and Luhan smiled. “You should go back to Sehun then, since he’s calling for you,” Iva suggested.

“What? No! I won’t leave if you don’t leave with me,” Luhan disagreed, as he spun around to face Iva. “Luhan, if you can hear Sehun, it means you’re still alive. You’re not even supposed to be here,” Iva said, and Luhan shook his head.

“Clear!” The doctors shouted, as Sehun tries getting back inside the operating room.

“Ah,” Luhan gasped, as he held his chest. “What’s wrong?” Iva asked, as she placed her hand over Luhan’s hand that rested on his chest. “I just felt a sting,” Luhan answered, and then felt it again.

“Luhan, you know that I love you, right?” Iva asked, and Luhan nodded his head. “Of course I do, I love you too,” Luhan answered, and then groaned when the pain started to hurt more.

“Well Luhan, I never left you,” Iva said, and Luhan looked at her with confusion. “What do you mean?” Luhan asked, and then held onto his chest tighter.

“When you feel alone in the dark, look outside the window. I’m the moon that shines down giving you my light with the beautiful stars that glitters like my eyes. When you’re missing my warmth, I’m the sun that gives you the perfect temperature. When you miss my hugs, open your arms wide, when the breezes of wind flow past. That’ll be me hugging you,” Iva explained, and Luhan knew it that Iva was saying this because she was leaving again.

“Iva, no. I rather stay here with you and become an angel with you,” Luhan said, and Iva shook her head. “You feel pain don’t you? Also, you hear Sehun calling for you. Luhan, this means that you still have the chances of life to live. Live life well, as you can. I’m always here with you,” Iva answered, and Luhan shook his head crying.

“I love you,” Iva muttered, and hugs Luhan. He hugged her back, and then felt a mist of disperse. “Iva…” Luhan cried, as her body has vanished.

“Beep… Beep… Beep…” the monitor beeped. “He’s alive, doctor,” a nurse said, and the doctors all sighed in relief. “This young man, he brought himself back,” a doctor said, as Luhan lies motionless, but had a tear rolled down on the side of his right eye.

 

Three Days Later…

 

Luhan dressed in a black suit, walked up to the gravestone of Yamazaki Iva. With beautiful pink tulips that were her favorite, Luhan placed the bouquet down.

“Iva, I’ve found heaven at last and found you. Although I couldn’t bring you back, I’m happy to have seen you again,” Luhan spoke to the gravestone, as he touched the stone.

“I will live on with life like you said, and work hard. I don’t know about moving on, but I will do my best. I love you Iva, and although I never got a chance to ask you. You’ll always be my bride,” Luhan choked on his tears, as he took out the gold ring he had bought.

Luhan placed the gold ring on top of the gravestone, and wiped the tears that were building up inside his eyes.

“I have work to attend now, and will visit often,” Luhan said, as he tried his best to smile.

Suddenly, he felt warmth from the back, and swore that someone had wrapped their arms up to his chest. Luhan touched his chest, and then opened his arms wide as a cool breeze of wind blew past by.

“Iva, you are my heaven,” Luhan whispered and smiled.

 


 

WOAH HO HO HO! LOL! I finally finished this. Man, and to think I wasn't. >_< 

I'm so mad that I couldn't make the trailer for this one shot. ): Some of the video clips weren't compatible with iMovie, so no trailer. 

BUT I HOPE YA LIKE THE POSTERS I MADE. LMAO! XDD

And now, I'm off to make some more one shots! XDD

Thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting! :)