In The Studio

Confessions, Undercut Shave and Jiyong

It’s a Sunday afternoon and I was in one of the YG studios waiting for Teddy. Honestly, I would rather be in the comfort of my own bed dreaming of TamTam or Gaettong-ah but Teddy called early in the morning to tell me that I need to redo some of my parts in one of 2NE1’s comeback songs. I immediately said goodbye to my wish of sleeping in all day but being alone in the studio right now and lounging in the couch with the airconditioning in full blast I think that I might just be able to get my wish, if Teddy won’t show up any minute now. My clothes are as comfortable as ever, baggy pants, a bright pink sweatshirt and a baseball cap. I remember the scene in the dorm a while ago.

 

Bom shrieked upon seeing what I was wearing. “It’s just me, Teddy and the studio Bom.” I reasoned.

 

 “But Dara! Can’t you wear something prettier?

 

“Alright, I’ll wear this.” I spotted a baseball cap and placed it on top of my head.”Happy?”

 

Bom gasped. “You really do look like Jiyong with that shaved head of yours. But he wouldn’t be caught wearing that.” Bom eyed my sweatshirt.

 

“It’s an undercut shave Bom. And have you seen his hair? It’s freaking pink!”

 

I grimace as I picture Jiyong’s new hair in my head. Bleh! I just don’t like it. It’s not the color. I like pink. It’s my favorite color. What I hate is the parting. Why does he have to part his hair in the middle? Okay maybe it's not always parted in the middle but all I keep seeing is that pink hair parted in the middle! I sighed. Why am I even thinking about it? Oh yeah, Bom thinks I look like him. I frowned. Fine. I look like him with my new hairstyle but I’m really tired of all these news about me and him. I get their reaction but isn’t there any other news that doesn’t involve me and him and this undercut shave. It’s really beginning to get awkward between us. I plopped down on the couch and positioned my right lower leg on top of my left upper leg. I got a good look of my reflection on the door of the recording booth in front of me. With the cap loosely placed on my head, I really do look like Jiyong. I scoffed. Why did I even agree to this? But I suddenly remember Durami always calling me “Dara-oppa!” since that day I showed my family my hairstyle. At first she thought I was “GD-oppa!!!!”and she even blushed. I smiled. How cute is my little sister?

 

My thoughts were disturbed when someone entered the studio. “Ji! There you are man! I need to talk to you.” a deep voice exclaimed. I glanced at the person as he sat down on the couch not far away from me. It’s Top! Omo. He mistook me as Jiyong! Why didn’t I just follow Bom’s advice??

 

 “Woah. Your sideshave is back? And the hair’s longer too. Dude you look like a girl!” he snickered as he elbowed me on the side.

 

OUCH! Like that hurt! Why did he have to do that? Do I really look like I’m a boy? I touched the right side he elbowed. I’m really ashamed of my body now. I begin to sulk and sink deeper in the couch. I wish it could just swallow me whole right at this second.

 

“Anyway, I’ve got to talk to you.” he sighed. “I’ve been thinking and I think you’re right." He stopped. "No you are right.”

 

Now he’s all serious and frowning. What’s his problem? He definitely is the alien more.

 

“I think I’ve known this for quite some time now but just didn’t want to acknowledge it, hoping it would pass.”

 

Kyaah! What is he talking about? Is it some Big Bang secret?? Ooohh! But what if it’s a man thing? Omo! I don’t wanna hear it. But what is it that he didn’t want to acknowledge? Don’t tell me he’s gay! Nooo! It can’t be! Why?? I sneaked a glance at him. He’s smiling.

 

“You’ve seen it Ji.”

 

What?? What did he see????

 

“We’re so awkward with each other.”

 

With who? Maybe… maybe with Taeyang! Maybe he’s got a thing for him and Taeyang found out and now they’re awkward!

 

“I didn’t want to make it worse by telling her I like her.”

 

Wait. What? Her?? So he’s not gay! Whew!!!

 

“And I wasn’t even sure back then if I really like her. I just….”

 

I sneaked a glance again. He had his head down.

 

“I just feel happy when I see her.”

 

Silence.

 

“Call it creepy but I just notice everything about her you know.”

 

This time he’s smiling and playing with his fingers.

 

“How small and dainty her hands are. How her eyes would light up everytime someone greets her. How she scrunches up her nose when she is thinking and she ends up looking like a rabbit. How she would become so lively and energetic and then fourteen minutes later she would be ready to pass out any moment.”

 

He chuckled.

 

“How she would always wave enthusiastically at her fans waiting in the airport. How she laughs so carelessly especially at Seungri’s jokes even if his jokes are the lamest.”

 

He smirked. Hey! Panda’s jokes are not lame! They’re F-U-N-N-Y! That girl knows good jokes and this boy beside me won’t know one even if it’s in front of his face served on a silver platter! Hmmph!

 

“How she looks so free and happy when performing on stage.”

 

I glanced at him and he had this certain look on his face, just like what Dong-wook looks like when he talks about Byul.

 

“And her smile that never fails to take my breath away.”

 

Silence.

 

“I’m a wimp, aren’t I Ji? For taking this long to finally acknowledge what I feel for Dara.”

 

My jaw just dropped. WHAT???

 

“Even Youngbae is better at this than me now. Look at him with Bom.”

 

My Bommie with Taeyang is perfect! I love them both!

 

“And now that I finally recognize my feelings, I don’t know what to do.”

 

He sighed. Oh my. This boy is clueless!

 

“Then tell her.” I said.

 

“What?

 

“Tell me.” I faced him.

 

“D-dara?? What are you doing here? I… I thought you’re Jiyong!” he panicked.

 

I chuckled and touched the shaved part of my head, “This is for our comeback. You haven’t seen it, have you? Our photos?”

 

I shook my head at his still shocked face. “And here I thought you know everything about me.” I and clicked my tongue.

 

He seemed to recover but now he’s shy. He’s too cute!

 

“I must have sounded like a creepy stalker a while ago.”

 

He buried his head in his hands.

 

“I wouldn’t mind a cute stalker like you.” I chuckled.

 

He looked at me and I moved beside him on the couch.

 

“No. You sounded like you like me, really really like me.” I grinned at him. “And I really really like you too Seunghyun.”

 

Next thing I know, his lips were already on mine. Teddy and Jiyong already forgotten.

 

 

 

Meanwhile,

 

Seungri was passing by the studio and saw Top kissing someone. “I bet that’s not Dara-noona. He’s too slow.” he smirked. He went nearer. “OH.MY.GOD! TOP AND JI-HYUNG!!!! KISSING!!!! WAE??? WAE????? WWAAAAEEEEEEEEEE???????”