Romeo & Juliet Act Five

Puzzle (APPLY!)

 Okay, so here's the last part of Romeo and Juliet-- it's also the last thing I can post before April 2nd. However, I'm gonna be posting some fillers... because they are fun to write. >.>

Quick warning-- this chapter was written... ummm.... 2 years after the rest of it-- so if the pacing/format is a little different that's why.

Enjoy!

Chapter 5

Act V

Scene 1

-Mantua, DongHae’s room.

DongHae was writhing in his borrowed bed in Mantua. A thin sheen of cold sweat covered his body as his body contorted as the images in his dreams became more and more disturbing. HyoLi, his HyoLi, her moist lips, dry and drained of their rosy hue. She was encased in a glass coffin and her clothes were like that of a German Princess of long ago. Seven very short men cried around her deathly tomb. He walked closer and closer to the glass covering his lovely bride; he noticed that he was wearing his costume from the night at Omoni’s diner. One of the short men looked up—it was KangIn, he looked furious. “Get away from her your murdering uous, disgusting pig of a prince,” He spat, before returning to his silent mourning. Despite this warning DongHae inched closer to HyoLi’s dead form. Then an owl with the face of KangTa swept down in front of him and whispered ‘Kiss Her, Kiss Her, Kiss Her’ like a prayer. As DongHae approached the coffin and touched the glass it melted like ice and HyoLi’s corpse lied as still as, well… a corpse. ‘KISS HER!!!!’ the KangTa/owl screeched and much to the horror of the KangIn/dwarf, DongHae did just that. As soon as their lips touched DongHae woke up tangled in his cotton sheets and breathing way too heavily.

-Verona- the train station

“What do you mean I can’t get to Mantua for three days???? It’s 50 miles away!!!” KangTa screeched in an owl-like manner at the man across the desk.

“I’m sorry sir- but the track is being fixed, it won’t be up for three more days.” The man sighed in a resigned manner as he had been enduring this rather uncreative diatribe for well over 5 minutes now and was wondering when he could wipe the spit off the window.

“This is the last time I come HERE for transportation.” KangTa concluded as he turned away in a huff. “Damn,” he whispered once he was away from the desk, “Now DongHae will never know… wait!” he raised his finger to signify his ‘ah-ha’ moment and pulled out his cell phone… only to remember that his contract had been terminated yesterday. “DAMN IT ALL TO CUBA!” he screamed as he ran out of the train station in a hurry to stop an impending funeral, and if that didn’t work—he needed to pack… fast.

DongHae was just recovering from his strange and disturbing nightmare and checking his twitter account when he observed a strange phenomenon; all of his relatives were going to a funeral. He checked more tweets trying to see who had died. Maybe it was old Ms. Kwon who smelled invariably of KimChi, Fish, and cat urine. Nope—she tweeted just 15 minutes earlier that her great-great-grandkids were going back to the US. Then his eyes landed upon LeeTeuk’s latest Tweet: “RIP Sweetest HyoLi, you will be missed by all in Verona.”

HyoLi

RIP HyoLi

Surely not the HyoLi he had spent his every waking moment aching after. Surely not the HyoLi he had kissed goodbye all those millennia ago.  Surely not his wife. Surely not.

He felt tears stream down his face. He felt the arrhythmia of his heart. He felt his heart break. It couldn’t be, he would have felt it the moment she died, He knew that—Nona had made him watch enough chick flicks; people felt it when their other half was no longer part of the world. There was only one course of action, he had to go back to Verona and see her for himself. He wiped his tears and pulled on his shoes and walked out the door… not noticing that his left foot was covered by a rather pink and fluffy bunny while the other was incased in a perfectly practical brown shoe.

“… HyoLi, we’ll all m-miss you…” Omoni choked out before running into SiWon’s outstretched arms.  He the matrons back comfortingly as salty tears rolled down his face. All of the town was out—even the nasty Kims. No one’s eyes were dry. HyoLi had become beloved of so many. Christine particularly cried bitterly as HyoLi was put in the glass coffin.

DongHae knocked urgently at KangTa’s door. “COM’ IN!” a voice called from the far back of the house. DongHae opened the door to find copious piles of boxes. “Going somewhere, Hyung?” DongHae asked innocently.

“Yes I A-“ KangTa appeared from the back door and his eyes widened at DongHae’s visage. “DONGHAE!!!!” KangTa ran forward and started pecking DongHae’s face like an over-protective mother.

“Uhhhhh..” DongHae replied dumbly.

“No time to talk. We have to go.” KangTa yelled in joy and anxiousness as he grabbed DongHae’s hand and ran out the door with the confused and dazed DongHae flying like a kite behind him.

DongHae and KangTa arrived at a sobering scene. DongHae felt his heart attempt to escape through is ribcage; a daunting task considering the layers of bone and muscle that it had to squeeze through first. The glass coffin was open and inside was unmistakably his HyoLi. Even with the explanation by KangTa (who, in the telling of was slapped upside the head several times) the sight was still terrifying.

He wasn’t allowed to contemplate the wretchedness of the situation for long before a very very angry LeeTeuk confronted him.

“You, YOU! You…. You…” LeeTuek started, his severity slightly lessened by his lack of articulation.

“He, He, He, He… what, O princely one?” KangTa pressed, clearly amused at the monarchs numb tongue.

“HOW DARE HE!” LeeTeuk finished lamely clearly angry but without much actual cause.

KangTa suddenly reached forward, grabbing the prince’s nose “Got your nose~” He smirked. After reassuring himself that his nose was indeed still there (much to the amusement of KangTa) he glared at the older man.

“You know, just because you’re older than me doesn’t mean that you have the right to disrespect me!” LeeTuek shouted.

KangTa smirked “No, you’re right, it doesn’t give me that right—what DOES give me that right is the pompous way you flaunt your power, exhibit A: your infamous crowned boxers.”

The crowed was silent, they all agreed with KangTa but none of them were brave enough to move, let alone show assent. LeeTuek’s face twisted with rage.  His pride had been hurt and his authority questioned, He was not going to let this stand.

“HOW DARE YOU, KANGTA, YOUR MOTHER IS A &*(#@*( AND SMELLS OF &*@(#&*!(.” He screamed, casting aside the laws of common courtesy and behaving in the very way he had deemed illegal not so very long ago.

KangTa smiled and fired back, this was going exactly as he planned it.

Soon the whole crowed was fighting, Kim’s verses Lee’s in a verbal free-for-all, the dead HyoLi forgotten by all but one young man.

DongHae slipped closer to the coffin in the confusion that KangTa had created for just that purpose. As he looked down at the lifeless HyoLi he was instantly miserable. For all that the face was one that he wanted to see every day for eternity, he never in all his years wanted to see it so pale, so cold, so dead.

He looked at HyoLi’s lips angered at the white that had stolen red’s home. He remembered the swollen crimson that her lips had after they kissed and the sweet taste that invariably had.

Suddenly he understood what KangTa had meant when he said that he’d ‘just know’ what to do when he saw HyoLi. Slowly he bent his head over the casket to kiss his beautiful wife.

When their lips were but centimeters apart he was pulled back violently and came face to face with a very, very livid SiWon.

“You know, I never was one to join in the fighting, BUT YOU ARE SO DISGUSTING! How dare you violate a dead girl! How dare you defile her with your unclean desires?” He finished his diatribe with a loaded fist to the face.

DongHae struggled to get up and explain his actual goal but each of his attempts was stifled by SiWon’s angry and relentless fists.

“CHOI SIWON!” a loud female voice screamed “If you lay one more hand on my brother I will personally see to it that you are castrated without anesthesia and with a wooden spoon that WILL leave splinters.”

DongHae would have smiled at the familiar threats of his twin, Nona, but moving his face was currently a feat to painful to achieve.

“Plus, I am sure that the Bible doesn’t look kindly on you punching a defenseless man.” She concluded.

SiWon stood, humbled, but not willing to admit it “Not that you’ve read it.” He mumbled to himself.

“Actually, Mr. Choi SiWon, I have; the whole thing. Cover to cover. That’s what happens when both of your parents are pastors.” She smirked at his incredulous look.

DongHae thanked his sister silently in his mind as he stood up, utilizing his attacker’s distraction to finally kiss HyoLi.

As their lips met he was overcome with a feeling of completeness. Even with her lips cold and firm their sweetness was irresistible. He felt all of his emotions – pain and anguish, love and joy being funneled into this kiss. He was so wrapped up in his own little world that he didn’t see HyoLi’s eyes flutter, SiWon’s jaw drop, or KangTa’s victory fist pump. He only noticed the outside world when HyoLi’s arm wrapped around his neck and he felt her smile into their now heated kiss.

“SHE’S ALIVE!!!” EunHyuk shouted, clearly in shock.

“Yes, thanks to DongHae and my ingenious planning.” KangTa smiled like a little boy who’s artwork was chosen to hang on the classroom wall.

The smile was wiped off his face when the hand of a very angry Omoni came in contact with the back of his skull.

“You knew and you didn’t tell me?” She screeched at a level that KangTa was sure was not actually humanly possible. He flinched away all pride gone.

“Yeah, he knew.” HyoLi said standing up from her coffin. “But without him I would have really died.” She looked out at the eyes of the crowed that were both relived and dumbfounded. “The moment that this foolish feud started I was condemned.” She sighed and grabbed onto DongHae’s hand for support. “You see this man right here? I love him. I love him with all of my heart, mind, and soul. But if I had told you all that a week ago you would have scoffed, KangIn would have punched someone and we would have been torn apart by your hatred. And, for all that I’ve only known this man for a short amount of time I know that I couldn’t live without him.” She smiled up at a beaming DongHae. “After all, he is my husband.”

Shock rippled through the crowd as DongHae lightly kissed his beautiful wife.

“Does that mean that… the Lees and the Kims are… RELATED?!?!?!” HeeChul asked with disbelief written all over his face.

“Yes, yes it does.” KangTa smiled. “You’re all One. Big. Happy. Family.” He said putting emphasis on each of his words.

The crowd was still. Then slowly people began to look at each other with new perspectives. Old enemies began to shake hands and Christine walked over to Nona, a bright smile on her face, no longer ashamed of their friendship.

LeeTuek slowly walked over to KangTa, his shame evident in his slumped shoulders.

“I’ll admit it, you won the battle I never could.” He sighed sticking out is hand to shake KangTa’s. KangTa accepted it gladly and then pulled the Prince into a brotherly hug.

“I have a question for you though, KangTa, you are the town historian, right?” LeeTeuk asked cautiously.

“Indeed I am.” KangTa stated proudly.

“What did this whole feud start over anyway?”

“I believe It had something to do with KangIn’s grandfather’s heart-covered boxers being flown up a flag pole by DongHae’s grandfather.”

“So… basically, the town has been warring over boxers this whole time?”

“Yes.”

LeeTeuk burst out laughing. “Only in Verona…” he sighed, before approaching the crowd to deliver his royal decree.


“A bright future tomorrow with it brings;
The sun will surely show its head:
Go hence, and tell all you know of these glad things;
Smile brightly as you go to bed:
For never was there a story more deserving of a ‘Yay’
Than this of HyoLi and her DongHae.”
 

------------------------

^^, what did you think?
I would like to thank everyone that applied so far. It looks like the battle for Henry is pretty intense. >.>
I'm gonna have a tough time choosing!

Also, I would like to especially thank Lovinghimx3, who not only applied and comments, but also adversited this story. THANK YOU SO MUCH~ ^.^

<3 Nona