three

Getting Your Love

finally i update this, huh? -.-; last part~

                “I think,” one of your other close friends started, poking her fork into her meal, “you should give him a chance.” And by him, she meant L.Joe. You had been stumped for a while on what you should do, so you sought out for some advice from a friend that stayed friends with you when your other friend left you.

                “He sounds like a good guy. What he said to you the other day sounds so sweet. If only I had a guy like that chasing after me,” she sighed dreamily, closing her eyes as if she was imagining a scenario where she was in that type of situation.

                “I still don't know, though. Because of him, [Friend's Name] and I aren't friends anymore and you know how close we were.”

                Your friend opened her eyes and looked at you. “Yeah but, she's not that good of a friend of she didn't want to be friends anymore because of a little jealously or because of a little white lie. I never thought she had a chance with him anyways.” She continued eating her food. You were about to open your mouth, but she continued once she swallowed. “You need to stop caring about her feelings, okay? You two aren't even friends anymore. Who cares if you go out with the boy she likes?”

                “But I-,”you tried, but she cut you off.

                “No buts.” She took another bite, and with a sigh, you started to eat your own meal.

                You looked around the fast food restaurant the both of you were at while you thought about what your friend was just telling you. Maybe she was right. You didn't want to give L.Joe a chance because it would hurt [Friend's Name], but the two of you weren't even friends anymore. It wouldn't go against the girl code about dating a guy your friend likes, right? That shouldn't even apply to you now, right? ...Right.

                You turned back to your friend and noticed she was busy texting on her phone while she was shoving food into . A smug expression grew on her face. You just ignored it and continued eating.

~

                The two of you finished eating, and you began to collect your trash to throw away in the trash bin. Your friend stopped you and suggested to just sit and talk for a while longer. Neither of you really talked, though. It ended up being little things here and there and her just mainly staring out the window, her eyes scanning everywhere that she could see from the window.

                “Are you looking for someone?” You raised an eyebrow at her and she turned back to you.

                “H-huh? N-no,” she denied but you could see that she was glancing towards the window once again out of the corner of her eyes. You got suspicious at behavior, even more so when you caught a glimpse of her facial expression changing for a split second followed by her abruptly standing up.

                “Let’s go somewhere else now!” She gathered up her trash and motioned for you to do the same.

                While the both of you were walking to a trash, you looked towards the windows to see if you could spot anything that would make her act like this so suddenly. Before you could find anything, she urged you to hurry up so you both could leave.

                The trash was thrown out and you and your friend left the restaurant, heading to a new place.

                A gasp left your friend’s mouth and she pointed out in front of her.

                 “Isn’t that L.Joe!?” Your gaze went to where she was pointed and sure enough there was said boy. “This is your chance!” Your attention was back to her.

                “For what?” She gave you a looking that pretty much said, ‘are you serious right now?’

                “To tell him you’ll go out with him, obviously!” Your eyes flickered from your friend to L.Joe and then back to your friend. “And don’t give me the ‘I don’t know…’ crap again. You asked for my advice and my advice is to give him a chance. You’re not friends with [Friend’s Name] any longer, so you shouldn’t feel guilty if you go out with him. Okay?”

                “Okay,” you nodded. “I’ll tell him.”

                “Good.” Your friend smiled at you.

                She led you over to where L.Joe was. He was leaning against a building and seemed engrossed with whatever he was looking at on his phone. To get his attention, your friend cleared . L.Joe immediately looked up from his phone to you and your friend.

                A few quiet seconds passed. Your friend grew impatient with you not saying anything, so she gave you a nudge, silently telling you to go ahead and say something. You took a deep breath and stepped forward.

                “Alright, I’ll give you a chance.” After the words left your mouth, L.Joe’s face lite up. A huge smile was plastered on his face. He looked truly happy that you were finally giving him a chance.

                He lifted his hand over his mouth and you could faintly hear him mumble to himself. “Wow, this is great.”

                Your friend then excused herself, saying that she was going to leave you two alone. A grin was on her face as she turned to leave. But before she left, you saw her and L.Joe exchange a quick glance. You didn’t know that what meant, but you just brushed it off, counting it as nothing.

~

                “Thanks,” L.Joe said suddenly. After walking around for a bit, the two of bought some drinks and sat down on a bench in a nearby playground. You admit that you had a fun time with him, and you liked his company. You were glad that your friend pushed you into giving him a chance.

                “For what?”

                “For finally giving me a chance. And I’m sorry that I ruined your friendship. I never thought that me confessing to you would mess that up.”

                You put your cup on the top your knee, but still held onto it so it wouldn’t fall over. Your free hand was placed over your other knee. You couldn’t help but let out a sigh. “It’s alright. I know you didn’t mean to. I guess it’s like what my friend said earlier to me, that she’s not that good of a friend if she didn’t want to friends any longer because of what happened…even if we were really good friends for such a long time…”

                L.Joe’s hand found your back and gave it a little rub to soothe you. You were starting you get upset, but you took a few breaths to calm down. And once you did, you took a sip of your drink and watched a few kids run around as they played with one another.

                A weight was suddenly on your shoulder and you quickly looked away from the kids to see what was the weight was. L.Joe had rested his forehead on it. You turned back away, as you felt a small blush rise to your cheeks.

                “You know…I really like you. And I’ll wait for the day where you like me back.”

                “Well, I don’t think that day if too far away, because I think I’m already starting to like you.”