Name Calling

Geeks vs. Nerds: THIS IS WAR

Soomi's POV

It all started on a crisp day in October. The air was fresh, and the leaves on the trees were slightly browning. I was rushing to the library so I could start studying when I bumped into a guy, but not just any guy, but the maknae of the notorious gang, TEEN TOP.
 
Normally, I try to be as discreet as possible, but what he said made my blood boil.
 
This is the beginning of my, ahem, our story.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Yah, loser! Watch where you're going!" He screamed as I lightly brushed his leather clad shoulder. All eyes us. As we were smack-bang in the middle of the cafeteria, there were a lot of eyes.
 
"Are you stupid? Answer me, you freak! How dare you touch my clothes!" A number of fangirls nearby nodded in agreement. A crowd had formed around us.
 
"Hey!" Cried an indignant voice from behind him. I turned my focus to see a head of corkscrew brown hair.
 
Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no-
 
"Don't call her that!" Chanyeol had pushed his way to the front of the crowd. People stared at him, wondering why he was standing up for me (he was popular with some girls on campus). My offender whipped towards him.
 
"Why are you standing up for this thing? She's just a geek." He smirks, gesturing toward me. My eyes narrow at him and I give him my laser glare. Feeling the intensity of the glare, he faces me once again. I expode.
 
"Excuse me? Did you just call me. A . Geek?" He tries to answer but I cut him off. "Yes, you did! I won't stand for this! You can call me a loser, you can call me a freak, you can even call me a even thing. But you do not, do not, call me a GEEK!" I shrilled with venom.
 
"Soomi, calm dow-" Chanyeol, who tried to console me, come forward, but I shoved him away.
 
"Just being in the same room as one of them gives me chills, and you have the audacity to call me one? Absolutely heinous! Why I ought to-" I start shouting obscenities at him. Everyone in the room stare at me with widened eyes at my sudden outburst, but I couldn't care less. All I cared about was putting this incompetent fool in his place.
 
"Geeks are slimy vermin who should get a life instead of living in mega pixels" I spat in disgust, and to finish off my rant, I said, "Geeks are stupid." And with that, I turned around, and the crowd behind me parted, as if I were Musa (Moses, for you non-readers) and they the Red Sea. I took a step into my passage, when a voice cried out, "Hey! At least I don't use books as pillows! Nerd!"
 
I looked towards my new offender. He had jostled his way to the front of the crowd. He was average looking, with broken glasses and a stained button-up plaid shirt over a graphic T-shirt and jeans.
 
That did it. I was just about to make the perfect dramatic exit, when he, of all people, just had to rain on my parade. I stormed up to him, looked up. At him (he was at least 7 inches taller) and we threw insults to and fro between us.
 
That lasted a good 3, 45 minutes until someone cleared their throat loudly and announced in a high, feminine voice, "Oh goody! The outsiders are having a little squabble." Kang Hye Soo, ultimate queenka and resident witch. Ugh, I hated her! She dropped a bucket filled with fresh bird droppings on me in 3rd grade, reason to this day unknown. How does someone even collect 4 liters of bird droppings?!  She had way too much time on her hands back then.
 
The spectators around were still gobsmacked silent, watching the drama unfold. Even my best friend and my former assaulter were staring at the scene with disbelieving eyes. I wasn't quite sure what was happening either, but I went with the flow.
 
"Let's make this even more interesting for everyone," she continued. "How about we see which outcast is better, geeks vs. nerds style." As if abruptly reanimating, the students in the cafeteria let out a big cheer, and it was decided. Hye Soo smiled smugly at us.
 
"You're the geek, right?" She pointed towards me. I fume with anger.
 
"Haven't you been here for the past 15 minutes! I've been trying to get this point across! How brain-dead can a person who's not literally brain-dead get?! I'm. The. Nerd!" I scowl.
 
"Geez, alright, then." She flicks her hair and moves her finger to my side. "You're the geek, yeah?" He nods, smiling humbly.
 
Great, another one falls under her spell.
 
"OK! It's decided then! Rules are: you have to do the challenges that have won the highest vote! I'll put up the polls in the West Wing bulletin board. Everyone got that?" She calls to the crowd, giggling slightly.
 
Chanyeol catches my eye. You OK with this? His eyes seem to say. I nod
 
"Yay! Let the games begin! May the best loser win!"
 
I had a number of thoughts after that statement.
 
My 1st thought: She's enjoying way this too much.
 
2nd thought: This will be cake. At that, I narrowed my eyes at my competitor.
 
3rd thought: This is war.
 
 
 
 
 
 
&&&&&&&&&
 
First chappie! Hope y'all like it! Comments and subscribers will be given puppies! Haters will be shot and survivors shot again!
 
P.S. not hating on geeks or nerds, 'cuz I'm both :)