The Devilish Act

The Coincidental You..

Kira was sitting leisurely while eating fruits with her mother when they heard a knock. Ki Woong was standing in front of the door as Kira went to open it for him.

“Oh. Hi.”

“Annyong!”

“What do you want? Do you have something for me?”

Mrs Han who saw the awkward situation between the two quickly barge in.

“Kira-yah... Don’t you think you should invite him inside first? It’s not good if the neighbours saw you guys being like this”

Kira didn’t give any reply and quickly step aside, giving him a way.

“Thank you, Mrs Han.”

“It’s ok. What are you doing here this late, Ki Woong?”

“Well, actually...”

“Ah. Sorry... You probably want to meet her, right? Just have a nice talk while I’ll step inside and bring you more fruit.”

“Thanks again, ahjumannim”

“That’s new.”

Kira said while looking at her mother that went to the kitchen to prepare some fruit for Ki Woong.

“I guess your plan was a success after all...”

“Well, thank you for that. I’ll take that as compliment.”

“It is, to be frank."

"I'm... I'm sorry about this morning."

"About what? Ah... 'Nam Gyuri' thing?"

"I should have tell you first. It was actually a suprise... And, I also know how much you are suffering due to the things that happen in your life recently. So, I keep it secret as I don't want you to be burden by it."

"Alright then... I'll accept the apologies and the excuses. So, what is it actually that brings you here?”

“Good question! Here you go. This is for you.”

“My assignment? You do it for me??”

“Mr Kang said that we have to send this by tomorrow, right? I was just afraid that you might forget about it...”

“Well, thank you. But, I don’t need this apparently.”

“What? But, why?”

“Because I've done it. All by myself. How is that?”

“Woah... Is this Kira that I know? I was being stupid for worrying about you, huh? Since when did you become this independent?”

Kira pout away while whispering ‘Since that so-called saviour girl becomes a burden to get rid of’

“What did you say?”

“Eh? Nothing. I say nothing.”

“Are you sure? I thought I heard something.”

“Of course!”

Kira quickly look away as she was afraid that she’ll tell everything if Ki Woong keep staring at her like that. ‘Yah, Han Kira! You should show to him that you could become a matured-sophisticated-like woman too! By that way, you’ll kick that Nam Gyuri from his life forever! Just bare with this for a moment and you can let it all go once everything is settled. Yeah. I should have thought of this before!’

"So... I saw him."

"Who? Ah... Joong-jer, I mean Song Joongki?"

"He seems like a good guy. But, not in a way of a good, good..."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, he looks normal... Yeah. Normal would be a right word for him."

"Good then."

"What?"

"It's great then. Isn't that right? I wasn't mooching him off or anything. He was my boss and we didn't have any relationship beyond that. This... Is good, right?"

"Yeah... And, I'm proud of you. It's just... Do not involve with anything that you shouldn’t, ok? I mean... A rich person like him sure is full of scandal. And, we WOULD LIKE TO AVOID ALL OF THAT.”

“Yeah... Sure? Please... Stop thinking that I was some troublemaker would you?”

”I was trying to protect you...”

“But in another word, you’re trying to say that I shouldn’t cause any trouble with him or his family, right? Got it, sir.”

“Yah! Aigoo... I didn’t mean it in that way!”

“Whatever. I think I do understand you. But, in the way that I should do. The same goes to that Nam Gyuri girl.”

“What’s up with her? Do you still have some grudge over her or something? Did something actually happen between both of you in the past?”

“I guess she was the utmost wanted enemy in the history of the past. Yeah... Some kind of that.”

“And, what are you? A country’s warrior?”

“To be precise, I was the future ‘Hwang Jini’”

“Mwo?? (What) Stop dreaming would you?”

Ki Woong keep clutching his stomach as he saw how determined Kira was with her word.

“Yah! I mean it! Can’t you imagine? Meeting a son of a powerful nobleman plus a good looking guy like Jang Geun Seuk... It’s all in my life plan!”

“I told you to stop dreaming, right? Anyway, talking about Gyuri... I just thought that it would be good if you could be nicer toward her. I mean... Can’t you just try? She’s going to stay with me from now on so it would be great if you two could be friends.”

Kira sigh as she heard the name. She try curving a smile while facing Ki Woong.

“Well, I’ll try...”

“You would? Seriously? Thank you! Thank you so much, Kira-yah...”

Kira sigh again as she saw how Ki Woong was being excited as she agreed to get along with the rascal Nam Gyuri. ‘That Nam Gyuri... Nicer? People sure have a lot of comedy sense nowadays...’

“Kira-yah... Have some fruits will you?”

“Ah, omma... I’ll have some.”

“So, Ki Woong-ah... I heard about your girlfriend. How come you have kept this from us before? Such a beautiful girl like that... Don’t you think that we should have met her earlier?”

“Actually, we intend to keep this between both of us first. You do know that nowadays a lot of teenagers broke up after a short relationship, right? I don’t want the same to happen between us. Being all happy and lovely at first but pretending later. We just want to avoid that.”

“Ah... That makes sense. Go on. Enjoy your fruits.”

Kira pout away as she listens to Ki Woong. ‘Why is it everything that he says sound real? I guess, he has planned it well this time. Ergh. This is not going to be easy as I thought it would be.’

***

“Here you go.”

“What is this?”

“Can’t you see? It’s your helmet!”

“Ah... Thanks. By the way Kira, a little bit of polite wouldn’t kill you.”

“Whatever Nam Gyuri. Who gives you the right to order me around?”

“What did I say? I was just asking you to talk nicer to me, right?”

“And, why should I?”

“I thought we are friends?”

“Wait. You are so not my friend. Ki Woong is. Besides, who want to be friend with a snobbish girl like you?”

“First, I am Ki Woong’s girlfriend. So, apparently, YOU ARE my chingu (friend). Second, those title that you keep giving me? That should goes to you I guess. And, third? I don’t even want to be your friend in the first place. It was Ki Woong who keep telling me to do things that I refuse to.”

“W-what?? YAH!”

“Ergh.  I don’t even know why he was so eager to keep this so-called sacred relationship between you two. Looking at this princess-like attitude, I won’t stand even for a day!”

“YOU! WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR??”

“Hey yo! What’s up, girls!”

Ki Woong’s smile fade away and he take two steps behind as he saw the situation between the girls.

“YOU! Come here!”

“What?”

Ki Woong sighing in defeat as Gyuri calls him over. He walk slowly toward the girl while scrunching his face.

“Yah, Nam Gyuri! Who told you that you could do anything as you pleased to him, huh?”

“He did!”

“Hey, girls... Don’t do this. People are watching, you see?”

“What do you want me to do then, Ki Woong? This girl keep making like a stupid person who desperately want your attention!”

“I do not! Yah, Nam Gyuri! Stop making me as a bad person!”

"I was the bad one, then? What do you want me to do when you keep doing this devilish act? Screw this! Screw you, Park Ki Woong!”

“Gyuri-ah... Yah, yah..! Gyuri-ah!”

Ki Woong was trying to stop Gyuri but she quickly walk away from the place.

“You shouldn’t have done that, Kira. It could be better if you could be nicer to her. This wasn’t my intention at first. I thought that both of you could have BEEN a great friend. I guess I was wrong...”

“You’re blaming me for this too? Don’t you realise this, Ki Woong? You keep blaming me for everything nowadays. I don’t even know you! You were supposed to be on my side andcheering me up! You do know how hard that I have to deal with Joong-jerk and his niece, right? And, now what? You’re taking your new girlfriend side and embarrassing me in front of these guys??”

“I wasn’t going to do that... It was just...”

“What? It was just what? This is just too much. Why did I bother to be this good in front of you at first? You wouldn’t notice anything!”

“Wait. Kira, I could explain! Kira! Let me explain first! I didn’t mean it that way!”

Kira keep walking without looking backward. She was so furious that she thinks her head going to blew up due to things that happen just now. ‘Ergh. I think I’m going to be crazy by this state.”

***

Song’s Residence

“Hyung! Going somewhere?”

“Jonghun-ah. You’re not going to the office today?”

“As a matter fact, I just come back from the company. I made a promise that we’ll have lunch together today.”

“A promise with Sooji? You do know well how to entertain that girl, huh?”

“Well, a dad should do what he should do. So, where are you heading actually?”

“Well, I was going to pick that girl up. You know, the nanny?”

“Ah... Do you like that girl that much?”

“EH??? ANIYA! (It’s not that) It is just.... I don’t want her to skip her job. She might not coming in if I didn’t go to fetch her up. ”

“Ah... Is that so? You know that you can come clean with me, right?”

“Yah, Choi Jonghun. Stop teasing me like that. Anyway, I’m going.”

“Ok. Take care!”

“Appa!” 

 

“Oh... Sooji-ah."

***

There was not even a single thing on the slide that could keep Ki Woong's mind to things that happen just now. If it wasn't for the fierce Mr Kang that always failed his students, Ki Woong wouldn't even bother to come to the class. 

Ki Woong's POV

What should I do now? Both of the girl apparently picking up fights with me! Screw the plan, how am I going to face Kira after this? This whole plan was actually to prevent Mrs Han from separating us. So that we would be for each other like it always be... What am I going to do now? Forget to be by my side, now I don't even think Kira would even talk to me anymore! Ergh... Why does this have to happen?

***

Kira's POV

I seriously hate that girl. Ergh!!! Just because of her, I have to plead to skip a class from Mr Kang. And, he even gave me extra assignment due to this absent! I was just going to show in front of Ki Woong how furious I am actually toward him but it's all then turning into this way. And, to add to all my miseries, that Joong-jerk intentionally drag my working hour. Ergh... If it wasn't because of the extra money that he promise, I wouldn't even go to work today. I might as well ask for a day off considering a bad day that I'm having now.

*honk*

Now here he come. With that usual, big fat smile. What a day, huh?

Song's Residence

 

“Appa!” 

“Oh... Sooji-ah. I’m here! Just like we promised yesterday, right?”

“Nae! Komawoyo! Ah, appa. Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“Erm.. That unnie yesterday... What do you think of her?”

“Wait. Which one?”

“The one that come with me! The new nanny!!”

“Ah... Miyan. I kept forgetting things lately.”

“You’re just probably thinking about work now, don’t you?”

“Aniya... Why should I think of the piles of assignment when I’m with my favourite daughter?”

“What? See that? You’re clearly thinking of your job. Go live in the office, then! Huh!”

Jonghun quickly pull Sooji to him as Sooji was going to walk away.

“I’m sorry. Ask that question again, ok? I’ll answer it with full of my heart’s content.”

“Well, ok then... So... What do you think of her?”

“Hmm... She looks... Nice?”

“Aniya... Another than being nice, good and stuff, do you think she’s ATTRACTIVE?”

“Mwo? Aigoo... What’s with you all of a sudden? You never talk about girl like this with me don’t you? I mean, you hate every girl that approaches me. What happen?”

“Well... First, she’s a good unnie. And, I think she’s quite good-looking type. But, of course, my ultimate reason was because she would listen to ANYTHING that I said.”

Sooji smile deeply as she said that. Jonghun quickly grab his daughter and put it in his shoulder.

“Wooh! Piggy back ride!!”

Jonghun smile and put Sooji down.

“Sooji-ah...”

“Erm?”

“Well... I was just thinking...”

“What is it?”

“Don’t you think we should go visit omma?”