Chapter 1

The Road

 

 

 

Seung Hyun paddled their way along the side of the river with Dara sitting behind him and her arms wrapping around his waist. She was humming a song as the wind gently blew her hair. She pressed her cheek against his back as she marveled looking at the river.

 

"Oppa . . . "

 

"Hmmm?" He didn't look back but stayed focus on the road they were taking.

 

"If we graduate from high school, do you think we'd still be together like this?"

 

"No . . . " Dara was taken aback by his reply and pouted.

 

"Don't you want to be with me once were in college??" She waited and his reply surprised her once again.

 

"No . . . Besides, I'll go to a prestigious university while you hardly pass your exams . . ."

 

"Tss . . . You really have to rub it in my face?" She slapped his back but he only continued paddling his bike. But then she hugged him again and pressed her face into his back. "You're so mean . . . You're my only bestfriend . . ." Seunghyun belonged in the top class while Dara, unfortunately, belongs to the last class in rank. But she was thankful that he didn't left her for her slow brains.

 

"Oppa . . ."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"Why don't you still have a girlfriend?" He was the school's prince and Dara could only watch in awe as his locker is filled with letters everyday. Her classmates were jealous of her since she could get close to him and she had access to his locker whenever she wanted.

 

"I do have . . . "

 

"Eh????" She grab a hold the sides of his shirt rather too strong and made him almost lose his balance and quickly grind to a halt.

 

"Yah! That was dangerous!"

 

"Why didn't you tell me??" She ignored his rants and continued clinging on his shirt.

 

"I don't want you to know . . ." 

 

"But I am you're BESTFRIEND, aren't I???" Seunghyun got out of the bike and just continued on foot while holding the bicycle with Dara still riding behind.

 

"Want to grab ice cream?"

 

"But I don't have money with me . . . " Dara tried to search for coins inside her back and failed when Seunghyun glanced back.

 

"Aisht . . . Of course I'll pay for you . . . You really are stupid . . ." Seunghyun mumbled.

 

"Yah! I heard that!" She tried to reach for him and tried to slap his arm but he was able to dodge it.

 

"Still want that ice cream?"

 

"Yes!" She raised her hands in excitement. "Say, do I know you're girlfriend? Is she a student in our school, too?"

 

"I just invited her for ice cream . . . " He later replied after a moment of silence.

 

"Eh?" Dara scratched her head as she was caught in deep thought. "But you also invited me for ice cream . . . Does that mean I get to meet her now?" But I didn't see him go elsewhere after his class and talked to any girls. . . I always wait for his class to end . . . 

 

"I can't believe you're that stupid . . . aisht . . . when will you ever . . .?"

 

"Yah!" Dara got out of her seat and slapped Seunghyun on his arm, while he abruptly let go of his bicycle and ran around it to avoid her attacks. He was grinning hard trying to suppress his laugh.

 

 

Please stay with me . . . Don't leave my side . . .

 

 

A silent prayer was left in the air as their laughters filled their surroundings.

 

 

Both their school bags lie on the grounds with some of their notebooks scattered. Time is passing by fast.

 

 

Soon they'll have to part.

 

 


finally an update . . . sorry for any typos . . .=)