This Was Not The Right Way...

тιмє тσ мσνє ση

 

Here is the first new chapter! I hope you will like it! 


 

Minho was standing in front of a door. A door he was contemplating whether to go through or not. Because if he were to cross the door, he would make this final decision…

To leave SHINee and SM Entertainment…

Minho was feeling so conflicted within for such a long time. He had doubted about his position as a member of SHINee. All he was thinking about was… What was he giving to SHINee? All their songs were in a high range which made it harder for him to sing small solo parts. When he does his rap parts, he would have only a few lines or Key would take the other half. He tried so hard to show that he was able to do his own rap parts on his own and even practiced to sing higher than he was able. Minho just wanted to prove to SM that he could do more than they had expected from him. However, it was no use.

He had a private meeting with Lee Soo Man a couple weeks ago wanting to speak about his predicament. He had told Lee Soo Man how he was feeling, like he didn’t belong in SHINee and asked for his opinion on how to improve or what he could do to give more to SHINee as a member. However, Lee Soo Man had different plans for Minho. He had asked Minho about his thoughts about going solo. Minho was quite surprised by Lee Soo Man’s question and asked him why he was asking him. Lee Soo Man was quite hesitant to tell the boy who he had admired for his talents and determination his plans he had planned for him. Lee Soo Man told Minho that there also was another reason why he had agreed to meet Minho in this meeting. He had told Minho that he was planning to take Minho out of SHINee altogether and he was going to help him train to become a solo artist or if he wanted. Minho was so dumbfounded by his mentor’s words. Was he actually serious…? What was he supposed to do if he left SHINee? He wanted to stay with s, who he loved so much, but if he left would it actually bring good to the team?

Minho asked Lee Soo Man what would happen to SHINee if he actually left. Lee Soo Man said that SHINee would continue as a 4 member group as it would be quite easy to fill his position. Minho felt a little sting in him when he heard that it was easy to replace him just like that. However, Lee Soo Man wasn’t actually going to go through with his plan as he thought after he came with the idea of Minho leaving, he said him improving and becoming a bigger asset to SHINee. Also, he said that he wouldn’t be hesitant to change his plan if Minho didn’t continue to keep up the good work he had achieved. Minho with a heavy heart agreed to Lee Soo Man’s term and would continue to work harder to improve. Lee Soo Man said that Minho was extremely talented and that he might have just let him debuted too quickly. Also, Minho had had a choice of what he could do.   

After, Minho had left the Lee Soo Man’s office. Minho didn’t know how to feel. Was he supposed to feel happy that he was improving and he was actually giving something to SHINee or be heartbroken over the fact that Lee Soo Man had the actual thought of him being taken out of SHINee? However, Minho knew that he would be strong and not let this get in his thoughts.

There were so many problems in the company when TVXQ broke up and now he was in a similar position instead it wasn’t because of his contract with SM. Minho thought of how of even if he were to “improve”, would it still be enough to make Lee Soo Man’s mind stay and not change about his idea?

After a couple weeks after Minho had meet with Lee Soo Man, he had finally made a decision. He thought of a different option that Lee Soo Man came up. He wouldn’t continue be a solo artist nor would he continue to work hard… He would leave SM all together… Maybe SM was not the company for him. He still asks himself why he even stayed in SM when he got a chance to debut in another company with his best friend, Seo Ki Ren. 

Seo Ki Ren was a solo singer in Japan and a childhood friend of Minho. She had always expressed that she wanted to debut in Korea which she was able to do. She was preparing for her Korean debut under a company in Korea, Starlight Entertainment. Minho was actually quite close with staff at Starlight Ent. as he had visited Seo Ki Ren quite a few times as she came to back to Korea 2 weeks before Minho’s meeting with Lee Soo Man. None of the staff there told the media about Minho’s visits as they knew how he, as a member of SHINee wouldn’t be able to go out much which made Minho very respectful toward the staff.

The Starlight CEO was probably one of the wisest men that Minho had ever met. The CEO had welcomed Minho as he was a close friend of Ki Ren.

After Minho had met with Lee Soo Man, he went straight to Starlight Entertainment as he wanted to see Ki Ren. However, he found out that Ki Ren was out of the country all of a sudden as she had to go back to Japan to finish some of her Japanese activities which came up last minute through the CEO. The CEO was quite observant about Minho’s particular behaviour as he was quite antsy. Normally, Minho was quite calm and reserved. Out of curiosity, the CEO asked what was wrong and Minho was hesitant about telling him. He had barely known the CEO for long, yet he felt like he could trust him.

Minho had told everything to the CEO about what had happened to him in the meeting with Lee Soo Man. The CEO was quite suprised about what Minho had told him as he thought Minho was a remarkably talented singer. Minho had told him about his thoughts about leaving SM as he did not want to stay in a place where he feels like his wanting to improve was just going to be for nothing. 

The CEO understood the Minho's feelings and then gave him an offer.

"If you truly wish that you don't want to stay in SM, then I would be happily willing to let you join Starlight."

Minho was extremely surprised by the CEO's offer. Minho then continued to listen to the CEO praise him about his accomplishments and that his talents shouldn't go to waste.

That was probably the first time Minho had felt good about himself and then decided to join Starlight, but the one thing standing in his way was the wonderful SM family and his love for s and the wonderful maknae who he had come to love very dearly.

As, Minho remembered what had happened in that last couples week, he was still conflicted but knew that this was the perfect time to tell everyone in SM as they were all gathered to celebrate the finishing of the SM tours for 2012.

Minho approached the door hesitantly and placed his hand on the doorknob. He slowly turned and walked in the room knowing there was no turning back now. When, he walked into the room, he saw all the SM artists: Boa, Kangta, TVXQ, Super Junior, Girl's Generations, f(x), and his favorite one, SHINee. 

Everyone turned at the door to see Minho arriving late. Everyone welcomed with opened arms and told him to take a seat as he was the last one. 

"Minho-ah! Come and get some food! It's awesome!" yelled Changmin as he was near the front of the room grabbing food from the little snack table.

"Minho-oppa! Come quickly! Kyuhyun-oppa is fighting with Sungmin-oppa! You are the only one who can stop them!" Luna exclaimed as Kyuhyun was fighting with Sungmin over something ridiculously random.

Everyone kept randonly yelling at each other and Minho. Minho couldn't help, but laugh at his friend's ridiculous actions. He felt regretful that he was going to bring the atmosphere down soon. 

"Everyone! I have something important to say! I think it would be best if you all sit down and listened to it."

Everyone looked at Minho with confusing looks on their faces and some sat down while others stood up waiting to hear Minho. Minho hesitantly took a step backwards and bowed a full 90 degrees. And then, he stood back with tears coming from his eyes shocking the SM artists. 

"You guys are all were the most amazing people that I have met and no one is more talented that anyone of you. I hope you guys all continue to shine as SM TOWN as I won't be able to."

Minho wanted to keep talking, but was overcome by his emotions. He quickly kept his composure and continued to talk.

"I am sorry that I am saying it in these words, but....

I am leaving SM Entertainment and SHINee." 

 

 


How do you guys like this first chapter if the revised "Time To Move On"?

Don't worry cause there will be lots of 2min moments in the next chapter which should be up in the next couple days!

Until next time!

Jandkpopgirl27!