Long Live JaNa!

Mischievous Magic

James heart was all a flutter as he shrugged out of his winter clothes. His cell phone rang and to his disappointment it was not Nana. He picked up anyway. It was Nona calling to say that she and Lilly had indeed been snowed out and Lilly had agreed not to kill her as long as she paid for the hotel and all the room service (mini bar included). James hung up and laughed at his silly friends before his phone rang again. His heart jumped. Only to be let down when it was his twin… who had also been snow out and was staying at the studio with her coworkers.

He sighed. The snow fight with Nana had been surreal. She was so beautiful and bright. He almost thought it was a dream. She had even given him her phone number, and smiled… at him! It was… magical. But he knew better than to get his hopes too high up. He would let her call first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nana attempted to sneak back into the dorm, but was unsuccessful. Instead she was faced with seven worried Unnies.

“Where were you?” Kahee asked, slightly angry, slightly confused, but mostly just relieved that her dongsaeng was safe.

“Ummm… playing in the snow?” Nana replied as innocently as she could manage.

“Liar.” Bekah giggled. “No woman plays in the snow for 4 hours without someone else, who was he?”

Nana gulped, having been cornered, she knew her unnies well enough to know that she would be tortured mercilessly until she told the truth, so there was no point in delaying it.

“His name is, James.” She said, blushing slightly.

There were various shocked exclamations from her fellow members. And then the interrogation began much to Nana’s dismay.

It wasn’t till much later that night that Nana could text James. Her heart began to compete in high jump completions as she awaited his first reply. When it finally came her heart suddenly switched to sprinting competitions. And with each exchange her smile grew wider and wider.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, we’ve got them together, and they like each other, what happens next?” JoKwon inquired as they watched James text excitedly.

“Generally what happens is weeks of shy flirting, then I give one or the other of them a little push and one of them asks the other out.” L explained, unwrapping yet another lollipop to on.

“We don’t have weeks, L.” JoKwon said simply “So what do we do? We can’t just fail at our tasks! SiWon might kill us!! ” He squeaked.

“Well, we could…”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-2 days later-

‘How could they just leave me!’ Nana thought to herself as she rubbed her arms for warmth. The After School van had left while she was still changing into her street clothing and she had left her cell phone inside it. On top of that since they had been last on stage they were the last ones to leave.

She had been walking for thirty minutes now, not knowing where exactly their dorm was and trying with all of her might to escape recognition. She was getting so cold with only her thin jacket on. Finally—she saw a familiar brick building and walked inside.

A blanket of welcome warmth encompassed her as soon as she stepped through the door and she walked tiredly towards the elevator. She pressed where she thought the button would be, only to be pushing against plain wall. ‘I must be tired to forget where the elevator is!’ She thought to herself before walking down to where the elevator actually was.

She stepped inside and pressed ‘7’ before slumping tiredly against the wall. She hoped that one of her unnies had brought her cell phone in. She was desperate to talk to James but wasn’t sure she’d have the gumption to go out to the van and get it.

She walked through the door to their dorm and flopped down on the couch. But the couch was already occupied and wasn’t a couch at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James was just relaxing in his favorite comfy chair listening to music and reading ‘Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy’. His cell phone was resting on his lap and he kept looking back to it every few minutes. To be honest the story of Arthur Dent wasn’t nearly as interesting to him as why Nana hadn’t texted him back. It wasn’t as though his text was urgent it was just very disconcerting to have not heard anything back yet. Music Bank was done so she wasn’t there…

He heard the door open and was expecting it to be Mai, who had finally managed to get out of her office building today. When he saw who it was he rubbed his eyes to see if maybe he was imagining things, but no, it really was Nana. He was about to call out to her when she walked right over to him and flopped down on his lap.

He looked down at her wide eyed, wanting to say something, but she was asleep and looked very tired. So he grabbed the afghan that was draped over the chair arm and placed it over her.

Her face was so peaceful when she was sleeping… and incredibly adorable, he had to restrain himself from poking her cheek. He did allow himself to brush the hair away from her face. He stay like that for awhile, just looking at her beautiful features.

He felt bad for not telling her about knowing that she was famous, The desire to confess everything to her was burning inside of him like a California wildfire.

“She’s asleep—Tell her.” He heard the voice from before whisper. Since it had lead him to her last time he decided to listen to it again.

“Nana—I need to tell you something,” he began, speaking softly as to not disturb the precious girl in his lap. “I know that you’re from After School… I’ve been a fan for a pretty long time actually. I was so excited when I met you that I was convinced it was just a dream… but it wasn’t. You are so much better than I ever imagined. I’ve only known you two days but you’ve already been more sweet, funny, and attractive than even my wildest dreams led me to believe.” He blushed at his honest confession. It was uncomfortable but cathartic. “I’d really like to get to know you better. Not as some idol, but as the girl I like.” He was about to speak before his words were cut abruptly short.

----------------------------------------------------------------

As Nana flopped down she suddenly became very awake. The shock of not being on a familiar couch jarred her to a state of almost hyper awareness before she looked up and saw a familiar face. James. ‘Awkward awkward awkward!!!’ she thought to herself and closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. She tried to even her breath and not blush, but James’ gentle touches made it almost impossibly difficult.

When he began speaking she nearly stopped breathing entirely. His confession was so candid and open. Her heart raced like a 1stplace winner of the Indy 500. If she didn’t find some way to stop him soon she was going to suffer from a lovely, but fatal, heart attack. She felt someone nudge her gently and suddenly her lips were pressed against James’.

They stayed like that, wide-eyed and rather confused until Nana decided to take advantage of the situation and began kissing him. James stayed stiff for a few moments before allowing his lips to melt into hers. After a few heated minutes they broke apart, both their lips red and slightly swollen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

JoKwon and L watched as Nana and James kissed, agreed to go steady, then kissed again… and again.. and—well let just say that there was a plethora of kissing.

“High-Five!!!!” JoKwon cheered raising his hand only to be met with a cold stare of rejection.

“Hug??” He tried again but L simply shook his head.

“Holding hands???” still no acceptance.

“Something else that begins with an H??” JoKwon questioned hopefully. L, after thinking for a few moments, stuck out his hand. JoKwon smiled and shook his partner’s hand gleefully. L attempted to scowl, but ended up smiling instead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Two weeks later-

“NO WAY!!!” Nona, Mai and Lilly said in semi-unison.

“So my fake birthday wish for you… actually came true????” Nona exclaimed with a look of pure incredulity.

“Yes… in a way… only better.” James smiled at his friend’s disbelief.

“That’s awesome!!” Lilly smiled “Bless fate’s cotton socks. I do hope you know that I expect you to fix Nona up with Onew now,” Her smile turning into a smirk.

“And Lilly with Key.” Nona countered, blushing from her friend’s blatant NoNew shipping.

James’ laughed heartily at his strange but wonderful friends “Yes, of course, But who should I set Mai up with?”

“Well,” Mai started “There’s this cute boy in my college named ChanSung…”

Her friends all looked at her with happy surprise.

“I shall dub you guys MaiSung!!” James proclaimed in a state of friend-induced high.

“Long live JaNa!!!” Nona started chanting and they all joined in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well???” JoKwon asked SiWon expectantly.

“Okay, okay you guys succeeded so you can stay.” SiWon relented, briefly flashing a dimpled smile.

“Wait, what?” L inquired, having previously been uninterested in the conversation.

“JoKwon has requested a permanent transfer to the Blancs—“ SiWon started.

“And I’m going to be your roommate! Isn’t that great?” JoKwon finished.

L scoffed but didn’t say anything.

“Oh com’on, L, you know we’re a great team—plus we have to see each other as long as JaNa are together.” He continued and then looked through the window of the apartment into the world of humans, specifically James’ living room where James and Nana were cuddling on the comfy chair. “And it looks like that’s going to be a long while…”

“I guess you’re right.” L sighed.

“So, partners?” JoKwon asked, eyes full of happiness

“Partners.” L agreed.

Then JoKwon pulled an uprepared L into a tight hug. “Long Live JaNa!” he cheered. “Oh and we are SO watching Glee!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE END—Happy 18thJames-adul~ I hope you liked it!