Daewon Foreign Language High School

Do dreams turn to dust?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

I watch him walk away. Seeing him again triggered memories from the distant past. I spare myself from reminiscing and follow the boy I once thought I knew. He’s completely different from the last time I’ve seen him, if I remember correctly we were nine then. A question suddenly pops out my head. Has Se Hun changed?

I sigh at this, and at last anxiety creeps in. Was I numb this morning? Why wasn’t I this worried before leaving the house?! I check my watch and notice I only have five minutes left to get to school. Last time I checked, it would take me fifteen minutes. So I make a run for it.

***

I arrive the school in time, just before the security guards shut the gate.

“Ya!!! I better not see you here tomorrow, missy!” One of them shouts at me as I run past the guardhouse.

“You won’t, I promise!” I exclaim, running uphill to the immense block of buildings ahead.

Upon opening the double doors, a flood of students welcomes me. Girls and boys of ages fifteen to eighteen chatter in gibberish, obviously ecstatic for the start of a new school year. As I make my way through the crowd, I attempt to find the registrar’s office.

After a few minutes I’ve managed to find it without breaking a sweat.

“Can I help you?” The lady behind the desk asks. She has applied too much make up and has put on too much perfume. Her eyes are tired and through the thick, white found

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter