saying goodbye to a year of loneliness

After Four Seasons

"Suho hyung, when do you plan to have another girl, man if I was you I can't be single for a long time." my younger brother Kai said, arms wrapped around the shoulder of his nth girlfriend. well, I don't have any idea if she us just the 50th, 100th or what since he had introduced everyone to me so I lost count of the number already.

 

"You will understand me once you really fell in love Kai" I said, flashing him a meaningful smile

 

"That is why I am here with you in this restaurant oppa, because Kai oppa loves me" his y girlfriend said. I admit, she really is a hottie but that is beyond the topic, plus, I hate erted thoughts.

 

I am a conservative person that is why I earned the nickname 'grandpa'..

 

"Yeah, I love her hyung" he said, eyes focused on the girl's chest part.

 

"Kai, I have a lot of things to do, I advice you to call me when you already know the difference between lust and love" I said and got up from my seat. Upon leaving, I already knew where they are headed to especially in this cold autumn night, "stay protected you two"

 

His face brightened, realizing what I mean and gave me his infamous smirk that as if he was luring me to his bed too, "don't worry hyung"

 

That night as I lie in my bed, head rested in between my arms, I started thinking about what Kai have said that morning before he left to school, that is before he introduced his plaything to me..

 

"You can't move forward hyung, because we both know that you are still living your life regretting the past."

 

Am I? I wrapped the blanket around my body to ease the coldness I physically feel when in fact I myself knew that it's not only physical.

 

I started to think about my life a year ago, I am dating a sunbae of 2 years and we were together then for 2 years too, right after I graduated high school. I met her while she was working part time at a department store.

 

She never really like me to call her noona, but she calls me oppa.. Well, I don't mind. She's cute anyway and most of all I knew I love her. She always makes me laugh whenever I am sad, she always makes my heart go thump when I think of her, I feel electrified whenever we touched.... The only problem is that she is too y..

 

I don't have any problems if she will wear these tight fitting jeans or shirts that accentuates her S-line. What we argue mostly is when she wear those dresses, skirts, low cut shirts which reveals more than what is to see. It is not because I am greedy that I only want myself to see those but to think that I haven't even dare to look beyond those clothes and to think that there are a lot of bad guys and there are alleys which are dark make me worry. And every time we argue, she will tell me that I didn't bought anything she wore so I have no reason to complain. Sometimes I will just shut my mouth, I don't want her to think that I am possessive, because I am just protective..

 

One cold night last year, we decided to have a late night dinner in celebration for her passing one of her major exams. I waited for her in one of the restaurants downtown and when she came, she wore high heels and a fur coat. I smiled, knowing how beautiful and lovely my girl is. Everybody removes his/her coat once inside the resto bec there are heaters provided and that is when everything started to change.

 

She removed her coat, she was wearing an aqua blue mini dress. I stood from my seat and looked at her with annoyed eyes when in fact I have to commend her for her effort. I left the place without her and refused her phone calls ever since and after 2 weeks, her text messages and phone calls stopped..

 

~o~

 

"hyuuuuuuuungggggg!!!! it's Saturday!! wake up now, it's our first day volunteering in the shelter right?"

 

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at Kai, he pulled me with one hand from my bed and pushed me to the bathroom.

 

After I showered, I went to the kitchen and found him cooking our breakfast, well, even if he has that bad boy attitude Kai is just Kai to me. My younger brother who sometimes can be like my older brother. He was the one who thought of spending our weekends in helping with our community.

 

We drove to the shelter, well it is an organization helping special children. Before Kai and I decided to be volunteers, we first had lessons on how to communicate with the kids.

 

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by the mother superior and I don't know if it's because I am still sleepy that is why I thought I am seeing a person I left before..

 

Kai and I went to our separate ways after getting familiarized with the whole place. I am playing with this little kid named Dayoung, she is deaf and mute and aloof when Kai came running to me..

 

"Hyung!!! look who is with me!!" he yelled happily

 

Dayoung's little smile became wider, so I turned back and look at where she is looking at.. There I saw the same face I have loved before, nothing changed, other than her way of dressing. She looks professional in her attire.

 

"Sunny..."

 

"Hello Suho, Kai and I have bumped with each other, I didn't thought that I will see you guys here" hearing her voice makes me dizzy, as if a thousand angels came down from heaven.

 

"Noona. I will leave you with grandpa, I'll tend little Mason, bye hyung! Enjoy your reunion"

 

Dayoung let go of my hand after Kai left and ran to Sunny, "Hello there my princess.. Are you enjoying with oppa?" she asked using hand gestures to which the little girl answered with a nod.. then the two of them looked at me and smiled, I can't help not to do the same..

 

"You've changed" that's all I can say

 

"You changed me" she said with a smile..

 

I learned that after her graduation, she took the exam and that is when she decided to be a teacher. "I sometimes wear those dresses you hate when occasions need them to be worn" she informed me

 

From that day on, I started to look forward to every weekends to see her.. I play with Dayoung and the other kids, but Dayoung became closest to me. That is, it's because it is her that is why I get the chance to talk to Sunny. She is closest to her.. Thru hand gestures, she will call me her appa and Sunny as her umma..

 

I have learned that she was left in the shelter after her parents died in the car accident 3 years ago, when she was just 1 year old.. Her traumatic experience have caused her to be mute and deaf.

 

"Doctors say that she still has a chance to be able to be a normal kid, and that is what I am praying for" she said to me..

 

Every night, I keep on battling with my thoughts. Why is Sunny still so kind when she should be mad at me? Why am I constantly thinking of her when all I want is to forget her ever since? And why am I wanting to take her out since I saw her on the shelter..

 

One day, I got my courage to ask her out, I expected her to say no but she gave me the purest smile and said yes.

 

On our date, I told myself not to do what I did last time. You have to compliment her and stay with her no matter what she wear..

 

We both decided to meet up at a fancy cafe near the shelter and to my surprise, she wore a white top, black pants and heels.

 

Sunny and I talked about everything in the present, avoiding any topics from the past. I learned that she is still single. She's been a volunteer and a teacher at the shelter for 6 months already. I told her about my schooling and Kai, and everything under the sun.

 

We decided to take a walk after dinner, until the snow started to fall.. We both looked up at the sky and to each other, she smiled as she brushed away a snow flake on my nose..

 

"It's been four seasons already" she said,

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"It's been four seasons after you left me. It was also the day of the first snow fall" she said

 

"Sunny... I am.."

 

"Sorry? No, don't be.. I understand where you are coming from then Suho. It was just because of my childish insecurity that I am older than you and that younger girls can take you away from me that is why I chose to wear those clothes. It's me who should be sorry. Sorry for not trusting you.."

 

"You should have known better that despite the millions of girls on earth, it is only you who had my heart.. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow"

 

"Suho.."

 

"sshhh.. Sunny, we really had not had a closure and instead of closing everything, can we just continue what we had before?"

 

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me with her tender lips.. That time, I know that I will never let go of the love I have turned back four seasons ago..

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lalalala.. it's done.. kk.. sequel? LOL.