Who are you?

Blunt

 

Okay before you read, you should totally listen to Rolling Stone by The Weeknd because I wrote this story to that song. mY FEELS FOR THAT SONG. IT'S EMOTIONAL, OKAY.

Sorry, you may read now. Oh and make sure you have it on repeat. ^^

 

 

 

It had been weeks since Minho started smoking, and he still is to this day. He’s skipped school, recognizing that he really doesn’t give a single anymore. There’s nothing waiting for him in the future, he could tell that by how his past was. He began to leave things behind him, not regretting a single thing. He would always head out to the same alley with Kibum and Jonghyun and his group of friends to just… smoke. Nothing more. Of course they had other types of drugs, but Minho convinced himself that he really didn’t want to go that far. He still had some sense in him, thank goodness. Minho’s appearance had changed as well, unlike Kibum. His style in clothing changed drastically, wearing more black and other dark colors, unlike his usual carefree style. Bags had been forming under his eyes, indicating that he’d been lacking sleep. Minho never gave up on trying to forget all the that happened to him. Each puff cloud of smoke that left his mouth was another thought that troubled him leaving his mind forever. And he had definite intentions of ridding every single thought about everyone, including his best friend and the one he… used to love.

“Kibum, it’s only been a month and he’s been smoking more than you,” Jonghyun said to Kibum as they were walking to the usual spot. “Something’s really wrong with him.”

“He’s just really stressed out,” Kibum said unsurely. “Let the kid breathe.”

“Seriously, Kibum,” Jonghyun stopped and grabbed the other male’s shoulders. “He could die smoking at a rate like this.”

“You want him to stop?”

Slow down.” Kibum looked behind him at Minho, who was slowly following behind them. He jumped as Minho lifted his head slightly and looked at him with dead eyes. There was no more hope in them, no more determination, no more love… nothing, just emptiness. He shrugged Jonghyun’s hands off of his shoulders and crossed over to Minho, taking the latter’s head into his hands and lifting it up further so he could look directly at him. Minho’s hair fell in front of his eyes and Kibum wasted no time in pushing them to the side for a better view of the boy’s face.

"Minho," he whispered, gasping as he took in his facial features. His once beautiful brown eyes had faded to a more dull brown, the bags under his eyes obviously getting worse, his parted lips paled from its original pinkish color. Kibum dropped his hands and turned back to Jonghyun. “He’s gone…”

It had been the middle of the night when Minho walked alone to the same alley. Unable to wait any longer, he pulled out a pack of menthol and quickly lit up a cigarette. As he exhaled, he leaned against the wall, his free hand in his pocket. He was bored of smoking in his apartment and bothered by the thought that the stench of weed was annoying the other residents. He coughed heavily after breathing in the substance once more. He thought he had heard footsteps, but simply pushed the thought to the side and continued his blunt.

“Minho?” Said name hung his head as the voice sounded all too familiar, then turned to see exactly who he had expected it to be standing at the end of the valley.

Bwoh?” A circular cloud of smoke escaped his lips as he breathed the word. Taemin dropped the bags he was carrying and rushed over to stand in front of Minho, staring at him in disbelief.

“W-What are you…” Taemin trailed off, the sight before him obviously answering his question. “Stop what you’re doing. Right now.” Minho scoffed, Taemin gaped.

“Why are you even here?” Minho bared his teeth as his cigarette was snatched away and thrown to the ground, much like what he did to Kibum a month ago. “Yah! Lee Taemin―”

“Choi Minho!” Taemin snapped, pushing said name’s chest. He ignored the few droplets of water that hit his face and kept his eyes on Minho. “Why the hell are you doing this?” His voice quieted down.

To forget you… Minho just stared blankly down at the boy in front of him. He closed his eyes as the rainfall began to increase.

“Minho, answer me!” His voice rose again, trying to sound louder than the uproar of the rain that showered them now. Minho opened his eyes to see Taemin wiping furiously at his own. The rain must be bothering his eyes.

“Why are you doing this?!” He exclaimed, punching Minho’s chest, the latter remaining still. To Minho’s surprise, Taemin was crying. But why? Why was he crying? There’s nothing to cry about. Minho silently watched Taemin cry, the rain merging with his tears and his sobs racking his entire being. “Is this what you’ve been doing for the past month you weren’t at school?! Or have you been doing this without anyone knowing?! Who are you? What have you done with Minho? What have you done with him?!” Taemin fisted his hands in Minho’s shirt and yanked him forward before pushing him back against the wall, repeating the process. Minho’s face scrunched in pain each time his back hit the wall. He wanted to stop him, but decided that he shouldn’t. Because he deserves it. Taemin became infuriated with Minho, seeing as how he was throwing him against the wall while screaming, “Who are you?!”

Taemin finally slowed to a stop, telling himself that he was getting out of hand, and resulted to stepping closer and resting his head on Minho’s shoulder.

Why is he doing this? He asked himself as he leaned his head back against the wall, exposing his face to the rain. Why is he… why does he care? I don’t... understand… His train of thought was cut short as he felt Taemin flinch, another sob escaping his throat. Minho sank down onto the concrete, Taemin still holding on to him and sitting on his knees in between Minho’s spread legs.

“Minho,” he choked. “This… this isn’t the Minho I know and love…”

“Taemin,” Minho called, his voice barely audible because of the rain. He looked down at his hands, trying to decide if he shoulder hold him or push him away and tell him to go home. As soon as he felt Taemin move, he dropped his hands, and watched as he slowly lifted his head.

“Minho,” he said quietly. He look up at him, his hair sticking to his forehead and bunching together at the ends as water fell from the tips and down is face. “I…” Minho stared at him with half-lidded eyes, impatiently waiting for Taemin to tell him how much he hates him―

Taemin’s hands took place on either side of Minho’s neck, thumbs brushing his cheeks lightly. Minho opened his mouth to object, but his eyes doubled in size just as Taemin’s mouth closed over his bottom lip, thankful that his mouth was open. Minho went stiff, completely awestruck that Taemin had―is… kissing him. I thought he didn’t… Minho couldn’t even think of the amount of happiness the showered over him, making his heart beat at ease rather than at a deadly pace whenever he smoked. Taemin’s lips felt better than any cigarette, and he’d give anything to keep this feeling. Everything was over; the only thing on his mind now was Lee Taemin, the love of his life. Minho eased his eyes shut and relaxed his muscles as he kissed Taemin back, loving the feeling of the rain droplets on Taemin’s lips merging with his in this sweet kiss. Minho immediately missed the feeling as Taemin pulled away to look up at him with adoring eyes, a blush spreading across his cheeks.

“You know,” Minho sighed, trying to bite back a smile. “I wanted to forget you.”

“…What?” Taemin's heart dropped.

“You have no idea what you do to me,” Taemin listened to Minho intently as he spoke, his eyes down. “Here I am, thinking you would never… love me as much as I do you. And Kibum convinced me that it was never going to happen, that I should… smoke so I could forget you. It was working, so well. Until… now.”

“Well,” Taemin pursed his lips. “Kibum is wrong. I do love you… and I have,” he tilted his head up, eyes on Minho’s lips and watching at how each drop of water fell from the middle of his bottom lip, “for a while now…” Taemin captured Minho’s lips in another kiss. Minho once again hesitated in whether to wrap his arms around him or not.

“Can I?” He mumbled against Taemin’s moist lips.

“Please…” Minho instantly pulled Taemin in the tightest hug he had been waiting years for. Taemin sighed into Minho’s mouth as their chests pressed together, straddling him as he encircled his arms around his neck. Taemin then broke the kiss again, and dipped his head to lie back down on Minho’s chest, the other craning down to smother his face in the boy’s neck. Though the rain continued to pour endlessly on and around them, as long as they were bundled up in each other’s embrace, nothing would matter.

 

 

 

A/N:

tumblr_m4h52wGZ2H1rwcc6bo1_400.gif