2. Rainy Feelings

Memories of an Innocent Witness

You woke up to the soothing sound of the rain rippling against the glass of your room´s windows.

A nice steady pattering sound:

Shhhhhhh...

You were in your warm bed, the room dark and you felt so comfortable that you did not want to wake up. But your mind was already clearing and you had to attend university, too.

*If I don´t wake up now, I´ll be late for uni...* You thought grumbling. You slowly opened your eyes and glanced sidewards to your alarm clock on your night table, in the darkness the numbers were glowing in a bright red - 6.47 a.m.

*I have to be there at 8.00 today...*

A lady needs her time to get ready and you also needed half an hour on the way. So you decided it was better to get up now.

You yawned and stretched your arms while getting into a sitting position. Then you rubbed your eyes and put aside the blanket that covered you. Since it was dark, you stood up slowly and bend you back in all directions because it was stiff from sleeping and afterwards you walked straight to the window directly opposite to your bed. You had two windows. One facing the bed (opposite to it) and the other one on the outer right wall. Your room was simple, but beautiful. It still looked modern with dark and wooden antique looking furniture and a cherry red touch. On the right side next to your single bed was your desk and on the left side was your huge wardrobe (one of that kind with a full-length mirror on the doors). There was also a small flatscreen TV and a good-sized bookshelf on the wall opposite to the bed.     

When you reached the window, you grabbed the thick curtains and pulled them apart in a slow manner...

Diffuse light flooded your room, slowly enlightening all objects and creeping into the smallest corners.

   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As expected you saw thick gray clouds hanging above and darkening the sky altogether with steady heavy rain.

The light that filled your room now was gray and gloomy, causing your room to look like all energy or life was out of there, your room looked lifeless.

Still you felt totally at peace watching the rain and the dark sky.

It was the first real rain for this year, in the second week of March. Two weeks ago the last snow had disappeared and since then the temperature rose steadily, nonetheless it did not cross 20°C and the sky remained dark. The weather was still, nothing happened, like it stopped breathing. Today it seemed like it finally let out a breath it was holding for the time of two weeks.

You knew spring was approaching now. Still you felt relieved to see the rain today. It meant the delay of sunshine, at least for today.

You just liked rain and just disliked sunshine. Simple as that.

You opened the window fully and stretched out your arm. You wanted to feel the rain, feel the cold, feel the soothing ripple of raindrops on your skin. The cold wind hit you and filled the air in the room. You instantly shivered and got goosebumps on your whole body as the cold streamed through your flesh, the effect on you even bigger, since you just got out of your bed.

You stood there totally still, the window wide open, your head turned to the sky, your lashes reaching high towards the sky, your eyes staring blankly at the dark clouds, you arm stretched out with the palm facing the sky, receiving the soothing.

Cold droplets of water were pattering on your arm. The contact of the heavy rain with your skin tingled, you liked this comforting feeling, while they rain sound blocked out every other sound, the moment seemed quiet.

The whole moment looked like a piece of art, like a painting or a photograph.

Beautiful but somehow sad and broken, along with a cold undertone.

In seconds your arm was completely wet, water ran down your arm, the rain was even pouring onto the windowsill.

You did not seem to notice, you were in lost in a different world.

For a few moments you stood there completely still.

You felt something wet on your face and shirt, and with realization you snapped out of your daze. You quickly pulled in your arm and closed the window immediately.

By now you were shivering nonstop.

The water was cooling your body. You went to your bath ( which was attached to your room ). It was behind the wall with your desk, the door to it was next to the window in the back. This one was more modern than your bedroom and for one person pretty large. It gave off a warm feeling, it was white and brown, with a lot of wood and green highlights. It included three washbasins, one toilet bowl, a shower AND a bathtub. You thought that this was sheer luxury, you didn´t need your own bath and then also such big one, but you had to accept and you were used to it now. You had a cupboard for your things on the rigtht side, but since some of them were used daily, those things were randomly lying around. Your hairdryer next to the sink, your curler, your straightner on the wall boundary, your make-up products here and there.

(Imagine the wooden panel on the left as a mirror and her belongings everywhere, GIRLY belongings XD )

You took a towel to dry yourself. Then you grabbed some tissues to clean your windowsill, since it got pretty wet, too.

Suddenly you heard your alarm clock ring. You gasped when you saw the time.

*Heck, it´s already 7.00... Where´s my mind? I forgot to set the alarm clock earlier for today and I didn´t even notice that it didn´t ring earlier. Thank God I woke up by myself. Stupid me! Now I have to rush, I have only twenty mins!*

You didn´t want to waste more time so you quickly washed up and thought about what to wear; and you didn´t knew how the weather was going to be throughout the day, thus you checked the weather forecast on your smartphone.

You were happy to see that it was going to rain the whole day and probably also the entire week, according to the forecast.

But when the sun wants to shine, no one can prevent it.

You went to your closet after finding out about the weather. You decided to wear a brownish-gray long pullover (ending a bit over your knees) and with it a pair of gray warm leggings. It would be cold out in the rain and you didn´t really like to reveal skin, so leggings were a good choice.

After that you rushed back to your bath to comb your chocolate-brown hair (which was currently in a state of a permanent wave - or better bouncy curls) and wore it down. 

*Hm... the hairline of my black hair is coming out, before it gets too visible, I should recolour my hair.*

Then you roughly got through the procedure of putting on light and simple make-up, as time was short and you actually still didn´t like applying much make-up, because you like appearing natural, but it was a routine you couldn´t break.

Back at your wardrobe, you got into your raincoat, which you last wore in autumn of last year and you had to rummage through the bottom of your wardrobe to find your lady rain boots, they were piano black, means they were shiny and they had a bit of heel. You then grabbed your bag from next to your desk and headed downstairs to the kitchen to get your breakfast. 

*Huh? No one here? Are they gone already?*

Your parents weren´t there but luckily you found a sandwich ready for you to eat and a packed lunch for uni on the kitchen unit. 

You grabbed the sandwich, started eating it, while with the other hand stuffing the lunch box into your bag.

Your eye caught two notes on the fridge. Of course they were from your parents, obviously for you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 (this pic is mine... obviously :P )

 

*Great! No car today. Drive with the bus in rainy weather.*

You headed to the front door and didn´t forget to take your simple black umbrella with you. You liked those long black umbrellas with curved handles, they looked ladylike and they suited your style. You locked the front door and got out.

As you walked through the neighbourhood in direction to the bus stop, you watched the rain hitting the roofs of the houses. You lived in a middle-class neighbourhood, not in the center of the city, but in a district a bit more outside, everything was neat and clean, it was safe, all neighbours were nice, the houses were not too big, not too small, families lived in most of them. 

When you first came here, you instantly liked the atmosphere, it was warm and welcoming.

Today it was cold, it looked lifeless and besides rain pouring it was still.

What you liked most was this neighbourhood being multicultural. There were Americans (of course), Europeans, Latinos, Africans and Asians. Altogether everything but no Koreans, still you didn´t mind since all the others were super nice and pleasant people. Your mum did get to know other Koreans also but you didn´t find anyone interesting.

It was already 7.33 a.m. when you arrived at the bus stop, you just hoped you wouldn´t be late for your classes.

A few minutes later the bus arrived and with a sigh you got in. It was crowded and it smelled bad. 

Wet hair, wet clothes, wet people. Sweat.

You didn´t really like that smell, but you couldn´t help it, so you just sighed, slumping your shoulders lightly.  

When you found a place to stay, there were no empty seats left, you started observing people around you. You would always do that, when you were bored in public transport. It was pretty interesting - psychologically interesting - what people do, when they think no one is watching them. Sometimes you could even learn something from other people´s behaviour. Sounds somehow weird and crazy, but it´s true. And next time be sure to check how many other bored people in public traffic do observe people...

Your eyes wandered to a boy in the far end of the bus, he somehow looked familiar to you.

You couldn´t see his face, it was turned to the other direction.

Suddenly your eyes widened.

*Is that him?*

 


 

P.S. Pictures/GIFs don´t belong to me of course... in all chapters and everywhere, if I don´t claim otherwise ;)

AND I LOVE YOU MY FIRST SUBSCRIBERS *crys* ... lemme give you a tight hug!