A Thousand Paper Cranes

A Thousand Paper Cranes

 

-DONGHAE'S POV-
 
I let out a sigh as I put the folded paper aside. 999 more to go. I grabbed the light blue paper beside me and started folding it. I brought corners to corners. Edges to edges. Folding it up and about. Tucking in paper and..Voila~ An ori-
 
"I'm home~" My friend announced. I looked at him as he came down the hall into the living room. 
 
"Ah, Eunhyuk.Look~" I said in a cheerful voice as the redhead plopped beside me on the couch. He let out an exaggerated sigh and loosened his tie before looking at my creation. 
 
"...What's that?" he bluntly said.
 
" A paper crane~" 
 
"..So?" I pouted at his remark.
 
"So? I'm going to make a thousand of them~"
 
"A thousand?! Isn't that a little too much?" he asked as he walked into one of the open rooms.
 
"Nope~ There's this legend...Where if you make a thousand paper cranes you get a wish," I explained a little louder for him to hear. A few seconds later he came out with a large white t-shirt and basketball shorts.
 
" Oh that..." He stared at me with a raised eyebrow.
 
"What?"
 
"Isn't that a Japanese legend? Also...isn't that to wish for recovery of an illness? Last time I check, you weren't suffering from any cancer or tragic disease."
 
"Psh, if the wish doesn't work,I'm going to force my way." I retorted back and stuck my tongue at him. He rolled his eyes and chuckled lightly. He stepped over the cranes and went back to his position before.
 
"So..what's your wish?" I looked up at him again and smiled.
 
I put a finger to my lips,winked, and said," That's a secret~"
 
I resumed folding the light green crane and noticed that its neck seemed thicker than usual. I went back to the other cranes and compared them. I frowned,unfolding the crane to fix the mistake. I could feel Eunhyuk's eyes on my hands and examining what I was doing.
 
"I think you're missing a step..." he commented.
 
"Well, thanks Captain Obvious. It's not like I unfolded the crane just for the heck of it." I replied without taking my eyes off the origami.
 
"So..how was work today?" I asked him, unable to tolerate the silence. 
 
"Difficult. Too many annoying customers. D'you eat dinner yet?" he responded.
 
"Not yet, I was waiting for you to come home. I didn't cook anything today. Sungmin came by with some food that Ryeowook made. It's in the fridge, go microwave it."
 
"Kay, sorry I came home late. You must be starving,"he ruffled my hair as he walked past to the kitchen.
 
"It's okay. I kept myself busy," I paused for a moment and glanced at Eunhyuk. I was busy with the cranes to even realize how tired he looked.
 
Eunhyuk, my best friend. We've known each other ever since we were in middle school. We did everything with each other. We had a bond that you really can't break so easily. Our trust and understanding for each other is durable and solid.Our friendship is pretty strong if we're living together when we're both 25. We don't really date anyone. We,er well..Eunhyuk, used to a few months ago,but that ended pretty quickly. I'm kind of glad that he's single..because well... I had these feelings for him that..wanted more than friendship.I really like Eunhyuk..I like how he takes care for me. I like it when he worries about me when there's nothing to be worried about. I like it how he can make me laugh and smile on a bad day. I especially love how he's by my side. I guess..it's love.
 
"Donghae," The older called out to me.
 
"Hm?" I just noticed that my face started heating up from the thoughts.
 
"Dinner." 
 
"M'kay,"
 
I set down the crane and got up on my feet. I took a few steps to the kitchen until my legs started to fail me. They felt weak and sent me on my way to the ground. I felt a pair of muscular arms firmly grabbed my arms and prevented me from falling. I looked up to see Eunhyuk with a concern look on his face.
 
Ba-dump
 
"You okay?" He asked as he pulled me up.
 
"Y-yeah. My legs just fell asleep.." I felt the heat returning to my face as I made my way to the table.
 
"Aish, you're so clumsy..." He smirked at me. 
 
Ba-dump
 
"S-shut up..."I turned my head away,refusing to look at him. Because I know. I know that if I look at him and stare into those chocolate brown eyes of his, I'm going to melt.
 
--
 
After eating and cleaning up our dinner, we headed towards our separte rooms. I still wanted to fold the cranes, but Hyuk urged me to sleep since it was so late.
 
I laid in my bed and stared at the blank ceiling. I've been staring at it for at least an hour and a half. My eyes don't feel tired at all. I'm wide awake,but I don't know why. I frowned to myself before I got out of my bed. I did some stretches to see if that would help make me tired. Nothing. I walked around the room before I found myself heading towards Eunhyuk's room. I opened the door quietly and saw Eunhyuk sleeping soundly. How can he sleep so well!? I pouted,closed the door behind me,and slowly took step by step to get to his bed,careful not to make any loud  noises. 
 
I went closer to discover that his back was facing towards me. I smiled lightly before I slowly lifted his blanket and slided myself next to him. He groaned and turned around,his arm slung over me. My breath hitched as he adjust himself. 
 
"Eunhyuk..can I sleep here?" I whispered,knowing he couldn't hear.
 
I snuggled closer to him, the warmth from his body comfort me. My eyes quickly grew tired and slowly closed. I was slightly still awake to feel Eunhyuk's arms tighten and him saying, "Yeah, good night,Hae."
 
--------------------
 
I woke up alone this morning. It was disappointing to see the other side empty. I figured that he had to go to work so I shrugged the feeling off. I walked down the halls, flinching everytime my feet comes into contact with the cold wooden floor. In the living room, I saw Eunhyuk sitting on the couch slightly bent over his laptop drinking coffee. 
 
"I though you have work today," I asked,making his head look up to me. 
 
"Morning.Today's my day off.What do you want to eat?" he replied,setting his coffee down on the glass table.  I took the seat right next to him.
 
"I want something that you make~" I said cutely. Eunhyuk can never resist my cuteness. He looked at me. 
 
"Nope." He responded bluntly.
 
...
 
"Eh? Please~ I miss your cooking," I widen my eyes a little like a puppy and pouted. 
 
"Then say I'm the iest beast alive," he gave me a smirk. I silently whimpered,agreeing with the fact..
 
"N-no." I stuttered. At that moment,my stomach growled,proving my statement wrong.
 
"It's just a few words.Come on,Hae. Don't you want your breakfast?" I gulped audibly.
 
"E-Eunhyuk...is the...s-iest..be-beast alive..." I muttered. 
 
"See now was that so hard?" Hyuk grinned and patted my head. I blushed in contact and took out a light yellow piece of paper as Eunhyuk headed to the kitchen.
 
I had just finished another crane as Eunhyuk came out with a plate of scrambled eggs and french toast. I smiled as he set the breakfast on the table. 
 
"You're folding cranes again?" He asked as he took a seat on the floor. 
 
"Yeah, a thousand remember..."
 
"Hmm,let me try one.." Eunhyuk said as he took a light blue paper and begin following the instruction in the book.
 
"i doubt you'll succeed the first time.It took me a few tries to get it right."  
 
As if on cue,Eunhyuk held up a perfectly folded crane in the palm of his hand. "Done."
 
My eyes widen at his speed and perfection,"How'd you...so fast.."
 
He chuckled,"Since I don't have anything better to do,I'll help you make a thousand cranes." He gave me a light smile. 
 
Ba-dump
 
"I made 8 so you and I have to make...460..." I said,slightly shocked at how many we have to make.
 
"Hmmm okay." he easily said. I smiled gently at how he took another paper to begin.
 
---------------
 
From then on we both made different colored cranes when we had free time. Whenever Eunhyuk comes home from work, I would see him bring in a couple of cranes. 
 
1 month passed since we started making cranes together. The living room got filled with different size and color cranes. We even hung some of them near the window or on the ceiling 
 
------------
 
"Made 7 more," Eunhyuk announced as he walked in the room.
 
" Then that's," I smiled," 999."
 
"Perfect.You make the last one and go make your wish. Wish for something practical so this folding wasn't a waste. I swear my fingers are soar," He complained. 
 
Eunhyuk went into the kitchen as I folded corner to corners.Edges to edges. Folding it up and about. Tucking in the corners, making creases. I held out the finish product in my hands before I placed it on the table.
 
"1000 paper cranes." I mumbled to myself. I closed my eyes and begin to wish.
 
-
-
-
 
I opened my eyes to see Eunhyuk sitting right across from me with a cup of tea in his hand. 
 
"So what'd you wish for?" He questioned.
 
"I'll tell you once it comes true," I answered.
 
"Aw, come on. I helped you make the cranes, the least you can do it tell me." He exclaimed.
 
"A-alright..." I blushed at the wish. He looked at me strangely. I brought my knees up and hugged them. I buried my head  and told him the wish.
 
"I wished that you would love me back....." I said quickly so he wouldn't know. Unfortunately, he caught was I was saying.
 
"..In the romantic way..?" He asked slowly. I nodded.
 
It was silent for a moment and I began to get scared. What if he doesn't like me back. Did I scare him off? If I did, will we be able to become friends again... Will we stay the same now that he knows that I love him? All those questions rushed in my head,but was stopped quickly once a pair of hands lifted my head up and soft plump lips pressed onto mine.
 
Strawberry flavored lips moved against mine and I slowly drowned in his sweetness. I started to kiss Eunhyuk back. Our lips moving into a tender kiss. Nothing rough, just a soft innocent kiss. I could feel the heat rise in my face as Eunhyuk moved closer,cupping my face. I raised my arm and ran my hand through his soft dark red locks.
 
My lungs screamed for air as Eunhyuk pulled back a few centimeters,staring into my eyes with his gentle gaze.
 
"You didn't really have to wish for that. I've always loved you.." He confessed.
 
"..Really? Then how come you didn't make the first move?" I pouted.
 
"Because you wouldn't be brave enough to kiss me back like this after I confess," he teased. I lightly punched him and he gave me another peck on the lips.
 
"Shall we continue this?" He smirked. My face flushed a deeper shade of red,much like his hair color. I hesitantly looked at him and nodded. He pulled me up and slid his arm underneath my legs,carrying me bridal style. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Oneshot fluff of hyukhae for ELFfing. I don't know if this is really fluffy for you, so hopefully this works. XD 
 
I hoped you enjoyed it~
 
Yes,mistakes cuz my editor is..well..busy.
 
Comments=♥ No Silent Readers~ 
 
excusemebecauseimdyingcuzofnewsuperjuniorteaser.
 
~Dia is Out!~