Year 1997

The Repercussions of Accidents

 

After school...

*Children laughing*

'Haha! You can't catch me!!' 9 year old Kyuhyun shouted as 8 year old Kara chased behind him.

'Oh no I will!! ' Kara panted after Kyuhyun.

Kara and Kyuhyun were bestfriends since they were in diapers, and they were neighbors. They were both the youngest child in their families, and loved to do everything together. Kara has 3 older brothers, and Kyuhyun has an older sister. The two children lived in a small town not too far away from Seoul.

Kara caught up with Kyuhyun and jumped from behind him to grab his shoulders.

*Both laughing*

'Haha, I caught up to you!!'

'Don't scare me like that! I thought you were never going to catch up!' Kyuhyun teased.

'Heh, well, I did!' Kara teased back.

Without warning, Kyuhyun pushed Kara to the ground and both of them started tackling each other.

'Haha, I'll win you this time!!!' Kyuhyun exclaimed.

Kara was about to say something when suddenly Kyuhyun's sister, Ara, walked by them with her friends. Ara was 3 years older than Kyuhyun, and was very conscious about her image.

'Ya! Cho Kyuhyun! What are you doing here?! Don't embarrass me in front of my friends!' she hissed at Kyuhyun. 'Kyuhyun-ah, shouldn't you be going home now? I'm going to my friend's house to stay,' she said louder so that her friends could hear her be nice to her brother.

'Noona, Kara and I are on our way home already. Bye.' Kyuhyun looked up to his sister alot, and admired her for being popular at school. He cares very much for his sister's image too, so he left with Kara.

________________________________________________________________________


 

At Kyuhyun's home...


'Oppa,' Kara whispered to Kyuhyun. 'I hope your mom doesn't find out about what we did to her fish this morning... If she does we'll be in so much trouble!'

'Yeah, I hope she doesn't. We won't be able to run away this time since we're in the house,' Kyuhyun replied while trying to beat Kara at the video game that they were playing.

Just as they were about to complete their game, Kyuhyun's mom furiously pulled Kyuhyun up by his ear and demanded to know where her fish was.

'Oh, I ate it for lunch with Kara,' Kyuhyun replied while grabbing on to his mother's hands to pull himself away from her.

'Aigoo, we were supposed to serve that for dinner!! Where are we gonna eat now?? Aish. Now I have to defrost those chicken wings.'

'Umma, chaesonghamnida...' was all Kyuhyun could say in reply as he looked down at his feet in guilt after prying himself away from his mom.

'Chaesonghamnida, ahjuma,' Kara, also apologised as she got up from the couch, looking just as guilty as Kyuhyun.

'Aish... I really don't know what to do with the two of you. Aish, gwenchana, gwenchana! I'll go find something else to cook fast before your father comes home.' With that, she marched towards the kitchen in determination.

'Mianhe, Oppa,' Kara said to Kyuhyun.

'No it's okay, it's my idea anyways... Don't worry,' replied Kyuhyun as he furiously rubbed his now-red ears.

At that moment, the door clicked open and Kyuhyun's dad walked into the house. 'Honey! I'm home! I have great news! We're moving to Seoul!!! We're moving tomorrow! Hurry and start packing your things!'

'What?! Appa, we're moving to Seoul?? REALLY?! YAY!! I can't wait!!!' Kyuhyun exclaimed as he kept jumping around the living room.

Kara turned cold. She felt even worse then when they got caught earlier for taking the fish. Now her only friend was leaving for Seoul and she might never see him again. 'Oppa, I'll miss you,' she said, trying her best to keep the tears in. 'I have to go now, my mom wants me home for dinner. Bye,' Kara ran out of the house as fast as she could before any of her tears could roll and ruin her friend's happiness.

'Bye!! See you at the station tomorrow!! You must come and see me off okay?' Kyuhyun shouted to Kara who was already gone as he ran up to his room to pack. He was too caught up with the moment and didn't notice that his friend was close to tears when she left.

 

The next day...

Kara and Kyuhyun said goodbye to each other for the last time at the train station. As he was about to leave Kyuhyun pulled out a necklace from his pocket, and handed it to Kara.

'Here, this is for you. Hope we won't forget each other! I have a matching one too! I bought - AH! Kara! Why are you crying??'

'Sorry Oppa,' Kara sobbed. 'I thought you weren't gonna miss me, because you were so excited yesterday,' she blurted while wiping her tears away with her sleeve.

'Oh, so that's why you wanted to leave early. Sorry.'

'Sorry Oppa, for making you unhappy. I'll treasure this necklace. Remember me okay?' Kara sniffled.

'Kyuhyun-ah! The train is here!!' Kyuhyun's mom called.

'Wah! I don't wanna leave!!' Kyuhyun's sister cried as she hugging her friends.

The family boarded the train, leaving their friends and neighbors behind as they ventured to a new phase of life in a new city.

________________________________________________________________________

 

Hellooooo~ This is Bela here!! It's my first time writing a fanfic and I'm honestly so nervous.. Please forgive my horrible spelling and grammar!! Don't forget to comment and tell me how I can improve!!! Oh and follow my Twitter https://twitter.com/_BaekHoe !!