The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away - One Shot!

Talked about our future like we had a clue..Never planned that one day, I'll be losing you..

____________________________________

Kibum was walking around the park trying to look for Minho but then his footsteps slowed down when he saw a familiar face.
Is that her?

Nicole was in her light blue dress and black high heels. She only puts on light make up on her face, exemplifying her natural beauty. Kibum, on the other hand, was in his usual jersey and shorts.

Almost immediately, Kibum started sweating,his heart racing as it beats faster and faster when their eyes met.

Three years have passed and they met here coincidentaly.
"Hi Cole!"
"Hi Kibum!"
Then the awkward silence.
Suddenly, flashbacks of how they used to be started running in their minds.They used to call each other all those lovey dovey names; honey or baby and then the pinching of each other's cheeks all so comfortably. 
But now,it wasn't the same anymore.

Then Nicole broke the silence.
"How have you been?"

Kibum was tongue-tied and gave a short reply.
"Good.. you?"
"Great."

Then suddenly kibum phone rang. Kibum looked at it, 'Minho' ,puts down the phone and put it in his pocket. When he looked up, he saw nicole's eyes looking at his pocket then slowly looking back at his eyes.
"That was Minho."

Nicole giggled and then those snapshots of their memories came back again. Unfortunately, it was the sad memories that Nicole was recalling, how it was just the usual sign that whenever Minho calls it would mean Kibum would be leaving soon.
"Expected that.."

Kibum was taken aback and left speechless. Then, Kibum felt a light tap on his shoulders. It was Minho.
"Hey!"
Kibum turned to look at him.
"Hey its Nicole! Hi there!"
Nicole smiled.

Then Minho elbowed Kibum and said softly "Dude we gotta go."
Kibum looked into Minho eyes,trying to signal to him to give Kibum a minute. Minho nods,stepped back and stood behind kibum.

"I'm so sorry I got to go now. I'll see you next time?"
"Yeah! Sure!" Nicole grinned and then mumbled "Next time is not so soon right?"
Kibum could'nt hear what she said and immediately asked "Again?"
"Nothing.. Goodbye Kim Kibum!"

Nicole was smiling but the truth is she was close to tears. Kibum return her a smile and they both shared a short hug afterwards.
Kibum turned his back against Nicole, both Minho and Kibum starting making their way. Nicole stood there faced down looking at the floor.

Then, Kibum stopped for a minute and turned his back again. Don't go there Key.You'll hurt her more if you do. His eyes were locked at Nicole.

Damn I miss her so much. Words left unsaid for three years. It's now or never.

Kibum took a step forward but then stop to a halt.

He saw a smart-looking man walking towards Nicole. He pecked her cheeks then gave her a bouquet of red roses. Then he looked at nicole,she smiled. He could feel his heart sinking slowly and painfully. 
What was he thinking..

 

"DUDE WE NEED TO HURRY!" Minho who was already way ahead, yelled angrily.
" I'LL CATCH UP!"  Kibum shouted back as he took a last look at Nicole, all happy,and then continued walking.

Unknowingly, Nicole actually heard Kibum's voice and even noticed him taking that last look, at the corner of her eyes.
I miss him so much..but u need to let him go Cole. For its better to forget, than to remember him and cry.
 

Sometimes in this life, the people that we need the most, the people that we love the most, seems so distant. Sometimes they just walk away from our lives. They say its either our fault or their choice. But what if it wasn't their intention to walk away in the first place? At times like this, I wonder what it could be and what it might have been?

____________________________________

In another life, I would make you stay..so I don't have to say you were the one that got away.