Final

Wings

 

 


 

 


 

 


 

 


 


Once upon a time...


 


An angel of purity lived happily in Heaven, guiding souls to Paradise and teaching them about the ways of the Bible and of the Creator, the Lord.


 


The Lord named him Kris, and bestowed the duty of helping lost souls onto him. He accepted humbly and performed his duty for many centuries. It was only on one visit to Korea, that he saw him.


 


As soon as Kris laid his eyes on Chanyeol, a human, he knew the feelings mortals were tempted by. Lust. Desire. Love.


 


Chanyeol was harmlessly walking around in a park, when he too spotted Kris. Their eyes met, and both knew it was destiny.


 


Chanyeol reached out a hand and smiled. Kris became entranced by the boy and walked forward. It was against the rules to speak with mortals. To even associate with them before they were ready. And most importantly, an angel must never love a mortal.


 


Nevertheless, Kris walked on. He only stopped when he was right in front of Chanyeol, no space between their chests.


 


And ever so gently, he placed a kiss upon Chanyeol's lips. It was light, but all of the feelings were brought out through that one kiss.


 


And just like that, Kris was banished as a fallen angel.


 


~


 


Chanyeol worked in a church with his brother, Baekhyun. They had been together since the very beginning, and they were two halves of one whole. They were demons, yet Chanyeol was not evil.


 


But Baekhyun was not as innocent as his little brother. He dabbled into his heritage and the dark arts, punishing those who were deemed "unworthy of living."


 


At a young age, Chanyeol decided he would never take part in his brother's horrendous acts against humanity. He traded his right wing, the ugly black piece of skin and bones, to become human. And then, he was happy.


 


But he wasn't content. He was missing his wing. He was missing a part of himself. The part he would never get back. And he would never feel whole again.


 


Despite Baekhyun's cruel nature, he loved his brother with all of his non-existant heart. He vowed to fix his broken brother, no matter what it cost.


 


~


 


Kris and Chanyeol grew closer as time went by. But it never escaped Kris' mind that he was immortal. He knew he shouldn't dawdle, because it was only a matter of time when Chanyeol's life would slip out of his hands.


 


He only knew one person he could go to. Only one person would help him. Baekhyun.


 


"Make me human."


 


The demon listened to Kris' bizarre request, but never questioned him. His eyes were on his prize already. He pointed over Kris' shoulder, smiling wickedly.


 


"I'll do it. For your right wing."


 


Kris' wing was different from Chanyeol's. His was a beautiful, stainless white. The feathers shimmered in sunlight and felt soft to touch. The human's remaining wing resembled a bat's. It was nothing but flesh and a disgusting hook on it. It was a horrible wing, but it helped make Chanyeol who he was.


 


But to Baekhyun, a wing was a wing. He could only be happy one had practically fallen into his hands.


 


Kris did not become human right away. Baekhyun tied him up and gagged him so they wouldn't disturb Chanyeol's sleep. Then he took a dagger, and started cutting off the thing that made Kris so pure.


 


When the task was done, and Kris had stopped screaming from the pain into the gag, Baekhyun handed him a cup.


 


"Drink this. The blood of a pig."


 


The boar was often revered as a wise animal, unlike it's opposite, the unicorn. As such, the blood of a unicorn made the drinker immortal, as the blood of a boar made the drinker human and frail.


 


He bowed to the cruel man and drank eagerly, not caring about the taste. Soon the effects took place. He no longer glowed with the same light. Now, fresh blood coursed through his veins and colored his features. He glowed with the beauty of humanity.


 


~


 


When Chanyeol woke up, he was wrapped in Kris' arms. Kris smiled and leaned in for a kiss.


 


"You look different." Chanyeol said as they broke the kiss.


 


Kris smiled and laughed. "I'm...human. For you."


 


Chanyeol felt like crying of happiness. Now they would grow old together, maybe raise a family. But they would be together.


 


~


 


When Baekhyun called in his brother to see him, he held the shimmering wing in his lap and it.


 


"What is that?" Chanyeol froze as his eyes laid upon the wing.


 


"Your new wing. Kris traded it to become human." As Baekhyun walked closer, Chanyeol stepped back.


 


"I don't want it." His voice was cold.


 


"But-" Baekhyun held it up more.


 


"No!" His little brother screamed, running out of the room with tears in his eyes. he could never flaunt that wing in front of his lover.


 


And just like that, Baekhyun's love melted into an acid composed of hate and jealousy.


 


~


 


Kris and Chanyeol often went back to that same park where they first met. But this time, it was not a happy day.


 


With tears in his eyes and coldness to his voice, Baekhyun screamed and pointed a gun at Kris.


 


He was too slow to react, as Chanyeol jumped in front of his as his brother pulled the trigger.


 


And both twins collapsed, one with a bullet hole but only one with the actual bullet still inside. Because they were two halves of the same whole, both perished. Baekhyun, in the flower bed. And Chanyeol, in Kris' arms.


 


Kris did the only thing he knew how to do. Taking the left wing in hand, he wrapped it around the boy's body and felt the heat once again rise.


 


And as Chanyeol opened his eyes, he could only see the man he loved slowly becoming transparent as he uttered the words:


 


"I love you."


 


All that remained was a single feather, still floating in the air, and a foolish human trying to clutch it with his fingers.


 


______________________


 


Crying. Maybe I'll write a crack!spinoff of this to make myself feel better. I LOVE KRISYEOL OK. I LONG TO BE THE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. For some reason my updates don't show up on mobile?