The Story began...

Family Curse

 

21th Century…

“Jung Yong Hwa, get up now or you will be late to school! Jung Shin and Min Hyuk are already here!” Yong Hwa’s mother shouted from the first floor.

“Arasso… why must every day be like this? Aish!” Yong Hwa shouted back to his mother and got up as his mother asked.

Jung Yong Hwa was an eighteen years old boy and he was the only child in this family. His father was a branch-head of a big company in Seoul and his mother was his father’s clack back then but now she was fully a housewife.

“If you don’t want to be like that every day, then please wake up before I call next time.” Yong Hwa’s mother shouted back to Yong Hwa. This was their daily ‘wake-up’ call and it never changed since Yong Hwa was small.

“I told you that I’m sleepy!” Yong Hwa answered back after a few minutes as he cleaned up himself and got down to the first floor.

“That’s because you went to sleep at four in the morning and please stop drinking soju every night!” Yong Hwa’s mother raised her voice at Yong Hwa. She was frustrated with Yong Hwa’s rebellious.

“I can’t. That’s the only way I can fall asleep. Jung Shin, Min Hyuk, let’s go. Eomma, I won’t come back for today’s dinner.” Yong Hwa pulled the two friends of his out of the house before his mother could stop him and asked him for detail.

“Hyung, I think you shouldn’t be like that to ajumma.” As usual, Min Hyuk advised Yong Hwa to not fight back with his mother.

“I’m just saying the truth, what do I do wrong? Where is Jong Hyun?” Yong Hwa changed topic.

“Jong Hyun hyung is already head to the school by himself, he said he got something to do this morning so he went to school first.” Jung Shin answered. Yong Hwa, Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin were four childhood close friends because they stayed close to each other and they always played together when small. Yong Hwa was a year older than Jong Hyun while Min Hyuk and Jung Shin was a year younger than Jong Hyun.

“What’s so important?” Yong Hwa asked in curious.

“We also not sure about that, Jong Hyun hyung didn’t say anything about it before.” Min Hyuk answered this time.

“Have you two told your parents about tonight?” Yong Hwa turned to Min Hyuk and Jung Shin.

“I already did but my eomma strictly objected, so I can’t follow you all tonight.” Min Hyuk softly answered like a child confessed he did something wrong.

“Yah, Kang Min Hyuk! I don’t care; you’re following us no matter what tonight.” Yong Hwa said it loudly.

“Hyung, I can’t resist my eomma’s words. Mianhaeyo.” Min Hyuk strongly objected Yong Hwa’s order.

“Hyung, don’t force Min Hyuk. You know that he never fight with his eomeoni’s words before, let him be.” Jung Shin helped Min Hyuk.

“That’s why you need to follow us tonight; you’re big enough to make your own decision. Don’t need follow everything from your eomma.” Yong Hwa forced Min Hyuk to follow his suggestion.

“Ne, I’m big enough to make my own decision and I already make up my mind to follow my eomma’s word. Enough for persuading me, I’m not coming with you all tonight but I’ll make up for you all the other day.” Min Hyuk said. He then turned and walked away toward the school from where they stopped, leaving Yong Hwa and Jung Shin.

“Min Hyuk, wait me. Hyung, ppalli. School gate is going to close soon.” Jung Shin ran to follow Min Hyuk’s fast walk.

Min Hyuk and Jung Shin were able to reach the school on-time but Yong Hwa was unlucky, he was just a minute late after that school gate closed. As usual, he got punishment from the discipline teacher. Yong Hwa only able to join his class after the first period ended and he met Jong Hyun in his class. He and Jong Hyun went to the same class although he was a year older because he had to return a year when he was in the first year of high school.

“Yo, what bring you so long? What the ‘M-16’ makes you do today?” Jong Hyun greeted Yong Hwa first. M-16 was referred to their school’s discipline teacher because of her super speed talk when she was scolding student.

“Hey, although we are friend and also classmate but I’m still a year older than you, you should greet me formally.” Yong Hwa hit down Jong Hyun’s leg from his chair.

“Ye, ye… annyeonghaseyo, my lovely hyung. Is that enough? You haven’t answered my question yet.” Jong Hyun smiley greeted Yong Hwa ‘formally’.

“That ‘M-16’, I’ll make sure that I get my revenge on her ten times next time. Do you know she asked me to wash their teachers’ toilets especially the ladies and cause the other teachers laughed at me all the time they saw me?” Yong Hwa angrily said. He clutched his both hands hardly as he recalled how embarrassed he was for the one hour of punishment.

“Hahaha… count me in when you want to make your revenge.” Jong Hyun smiley said.

“Stop laughing! Oh ya, why do you come to school so early today?” Yong Hwa changed the topic.

“Yoona ask me to help her in something.” Jong Hyun answered it short. Yoona was one of their classmates.

“What so important for you to help her in that early time?” Yong Hwa asked in curious.

“Nothing, just a minor thing.” Jong Hyun avoided answering truly to Yong Hwa.

“You must…” Yong Hwa knew that Jong Hyun kept something from him and he wanted to continue to ask but he got stopped by the just entered teacher.

On a floor lower, Jung Shin and Min Hyuk’s class was fill with a round of clapping hands sound because they were introduced to a newcomer. She was a beautiful girl but what caught the class attention was her followers. She did not come by herself but she brought together with her four bodyguards and those guards surrounded her in her special self-prepared sit.

“Erm… Seo Ju Hyun-ssi, can you ask your bodyguard to go outside because we have to start the class now?” The teacher of the class softly asked.

“Please call Seo Hyun, I don’t like that name.” The newcomer girl, Seo Ju Hyun said.

“Seo… Seo Hyun-ssi, can you ask them to go out? I can’t teach with they are around.” The teacher asked again.

“Joeseonghe seonsaengnim, my appa order them to be protected me all the time, so they can’t leave me here alone. Please start the class with them and please get use with them in the class because you have to see them every day since now on.” Seo Hyun smiley said.

“But you should be safe in class, so don’t need to ask them to protect you in here.” The teacher objected.

“How can you fully assure that it is safe in here? What if some kidnapper flies in here and grab me when they are not here? How are you seonsaengnim going to responsible in this?” Seo Hyun fought back.

“You… you… you’re vexatious. How could kidnapper…” The teacher angrily said but before she could finish her sentence, her face got slapped by Seo Hyun. The teacher got stunned by Seo Hyun fast and sudden move.

“You have no right to say that to me. Why can’t you just do as I said and you will able to avoid from this?” Seo Hyun stared coolly to the teacher.

“S… Seo… SEO HYUN-SSI!!! How can you slap your seonsaeng?” The teacher excitedly said.

“Why can’t I? I can slap anyone I want and anytime I want. I respect you as seonsaeng just now but you make me got angry with you by called me vexatious just now. Do you know that I can ask the principle to sack you out from this school anytime I want?” Seo Hyun did not show any weaken but on other hand her voice got higher and higher with every sentence she said.

“…” The teacher was still in shock. She knew Seo Hyun meant it with her words and she did not hope to lose her first and lovely job. Seo Family was one of the riches families in Seoul nowadays and they could simply do anything they wanted with their strong money support.

“Class, do you all want a self-taught class today? Seonsaengnim is not feeling well today, so she will give us a self-taught class this time, right seonsaengnim?” Seo Hyun turned to her classmates and suggested.

“NE!” The class said it at once loudly. The teacher could do nothing but stared angrily at Seo Hyun before she picked up all her thing and walked out the classroom.

“Class, enjoy you free period.” Seo Hyun took the lead in the class and happily announced their start of free period.

“Min Hyuk, what are you going to do now? Let’s play something.” Jung Shin turned to Min Hyuk beside him.

“I want to read some book in the library. You want to follow me or you want to do something else?” Min Hyuk packed his thing inside his bag.

“Aniyo, the library is too boring for me; I’ll find other things to do.” Jung Shin shook his head.

“Alright, see you after break.” Min Hyuk walked out with his bag. The third period was the history period that Min Hyuk hated the most so he was not going to be in that period too. After the history period, they had a half hours break time.

“Chingu, stop. Where are you going?” Seo Hyun came from the other door and stopped Min Hyuk.

“I’m going to the library. Why?” Min Hyuk coolly answered.

“I’m going too. Can you show me the way?” Seo Hyun smiley asked.

“Arasso. Follow me.” Min Hyuk thought that was nothing wrong to bring Seo Hyun with him and he agreed to do that.

“I’m Seo Hyun, what are you name?” Seo Hyun introduced herself. Her four bodyguards were following from side and behind she and Min Hyuk.

“I’m Kang Min Hyuk.” Min Hyuk did not look on Seo Hyun when he answered her.

“Kang Min Hyuk-ssi, are you always that cool other days or you’re cool to me only?” Seo Hyun asked straight-ly.

“I’m like this with everyone, so please don’t misunderstand with this.” Min Hyuk coolly answered.

“But I saw you are not like this to the guy beside you just now in class.” Seo Hyun said.

“Jung Shin and I is childhood friend so of course I didn’t treat him like others.” Min Hyuk replied.

“I see. Is he your only friend?” Seo Hyun nodded and asked again.

“No, we still got two more close hyung in second year. Four of us are neighbourhood and close friend since small.” Min Hyuk honestly answered.

“Then your relationship with each other must be very good. I’m envy with you for having some close friends like that. I can’t have any close friend at all, not even a normal friend. Everyone is close to me to get benefit from me and my family.” Seo Hyun sadly said.

“Oh…” Min Hyuk answered with no interest.

“Min Hyuk!” Suddenly someone call Min Hyuk from side. Min Hyuk and Seo Hyun turned to the origin of the voice and he was Yong Hwa.

“Hyung, why are you here?” Min Hyuk was shock to see Yong Hwa there.

“Same goes to you. And who is this girl and these four weird guys? Your new girlfriends?” Yong Hwa teased.

“We got a free period and I was heading to library. This is our new classmate, Seo Hyun-ssi and her four bodyguards. Seo Hyun-ssi, this is one of my hyung I mention just now, Jung Yong Hwa.” Min Hyuk introduced the two new met to each other.

“Seo Hyun? Seo? S.E.O?” Yong Hwa got shock with the name of Min Hyuk’s new classmate. He eyed her from head to leg, could not believe that the girl beside Min Hyuk was the girl he thought she was.

No way! She may not be one of them. They were one of the richest families in South Korea and one from those rich families should not be appear in this low quality school here. Yong Hwa tried his best to not think for the worst. There were more than dozen ‘Seo’ in Korea and she must be only having the same surname only.

“Jung Yong Hwa? Your first name is Jung?” Seo Hyun was as shock as Yong Hwa. Both of them knew what happened to both families back then and the two families had stay away and lost contact with each other since the world war and now fate brought the descendent of both families to meet each other again.

“What’s wrong with you two?” In other hand, Min Hyuk was totally no clue at all about his hyung and his new classmate.

“Min Hyuk, I… I… I got something to do now. See you after school.” Yong Hwa remembered his family rules and one of them is to avoid any one with first name ‘Seo’ even she might not be the one that ‘Seo’ family and he quickly found an excuse and went the other way.

“Seo Hyun-ssi, what wrong with you and hyung? Do you two know each other before?” Min Hyuk asked as he saw Yong Hwa walked away.

“Min Hyuk-ssi, I suddenly remember I need to contact someone now. I can’t follow you to the library now, thank you for talking with me for this long. Gomawoyo.” Seo Hyun smiley said and walked away with her four bodyguards to the opposite way.

“What happened to both of them?” Min Hyuk looked at the both end, clueless about what happened in the pass three minutes, before he continued with his way to library.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Yong Seo met for the first time in this story and did it dissapointed you? forgive me for making Seo Hyun behave like that... hahaha...