Baka!

Amai No Yume

Yamada’s POV

                I poked my head out from the room I shared with Yuto and looked around. Left side? Clear. Right? Okay. I tipped toed quietly to the kitchen, while checking to see if anyone was around me.  Successfully making it to the kitchen I wandered off to get something to eat. Yay!! Food!! I’m so hungry! :’( You must be wondering why I am doing something so weird in the dorm; well I’m trying not to be seen by someone. Lately, I’ve been having this dream about one of my members, and because of it I can’t look at him the same way as I’ve always did, like a brother.  I blushed thinking about that dream, and shook my head. “No Yamada! Don’t think things like that!” I said to myself.

“Don’t think what?” I froze when I heard a sweet, child-like voice. I looked to see the member I am trying desperately to avoid.

                “Y-Yuri”, I stuttered. He was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and head tilted, looking absolutely tempting, with his dripping wet hair. I took a deep breath, kept my head down, and started running past him to wherever my feet wanted to take me.

                 “Y-yah!! YAMA-CHAN” I heard Yuri say. He was chasing after me. Crap! We ran around the entire dorm until eventually I was in the safety of my room. I leaned against the door and slid to the floor out of breath. Damn Yuri is really energetic.

                 “Yamada!!” I jumped when I heard Yuri’s voice on the other side of the door. I backed away from my door, because he was now pounding on the door. “Yamada! Please open up the door!” He sounds desperate. “STOP AVOIDING ME!! I don’t like it!!” I thought I could hear him crying on the other end. “Yama-chan.. Please don’t do this to me.. It hurts when you are avoiding me.” I covered my ears with my hands, and shut my eyes. Yuri’s desperate voice was getting to me like it has been doing lately.

                I continued to try to block out Yuri’s voice until I heard him say words that I didn’t want to hear. “I’ll leave!” What the heck is he saying? “I’ll leave the company. If you don’t wish to be around me anymore, then I’ll leave. If I leave then you’ll be better off, right?” No! You’re wrong! “So bye Yama-chi”, his voice sounded empty. I heard the door to the dorm slam closed.

I stood there shocked. It’s that entire damned dream’s fault. Stupid dream. It has made me wanting him more and more to the point where I want to monopolize him. Just to prevent me from doing anything to him I purposely avoided him and now look what happened. Ugh! I ruffled my hair “Screw it!”, I said before running after Yuri.

                It took me a while to find Yuri, but eventually I found him alone in a park. He was sitting on the swing with his head hung low. I approached him quietly, but stopped when I heard him mumbling to himself.

“Stupid Yamada. How could you reject me like that?” I wanted to chuckle because he sounded like a little kid who didn’t get his candy. “He does whatever he wants without ever considering how I feel. Aish I should just forget about him and these feelings.” What? Did I just hear correctly? Did he just say he had feelings for me? “That’s it. That’s what I’ll do”, Yuri wiped the tears from his eyes and started to get up but stopped because I had hugged him.

                I buried my head into his shoulder. “Don’t go.”

                “Ya-Yamada?” Yuri’s voice sounded shocked. “W-why are yo-?”

                “Shush. Let me speak.”, I cut him off. “I’m sorry. I don’t want you to leave. You can’t leave me.”

                “Are you kidding me!? You were the one avoiding me. You were the one who was leaving me. Who the hell do you think you are? Do you have any idea how much you hurt me every time you would brush me off or made up some lame excuse?!” He was enraged, and I didn’t blame him. He tried to get out of my grasp and walk away but I didn’t let go. “Let. Me. Go. Yamada.” With each word, I heard more anger in his voice.

                I breathed in and out before speaking. “I was avoiding you because recently I’ve been confused.” When Yuri didn’t say anything I just decided to continue. “Recently, you’ve been driving me insane. (YOU MAKE ME GO INSANE XD) Every look you give me, every time I hear you speak I feel like monopolizing you. You attract me a lot, and because I didn’t want to do anything to hurt you I decided to avoid you, thinking it would go away. But I realized that that only hurt you more. For that I am sorry.” I let go of him and sat on the swing, swinging back and forth while looking at my feet.

                After what seemed like forever, Yuri finally spoke up. His voice was small, but I was still able to hear him. “Th-those feelings… Did they disappear?” He sounded like he didn’t want to know the answer to that.

                “Honestly… No, they didn’t. Instead they got stronger.” I got up and turned Yuri to face me, and I bent down to his level to look into his beautiful, brown eyes. My eyes moved from his to his nose to his pink lips and cupping his cheek in my hand I gave him a slow, but sweet kiss. When I pulled away I smiled. “Chinen Yuri, Aieru.”

                Yuri looked momentarily shocked but slowly he smiled and pulled me in for another sweet kiss in the park. We knew we would get in trouble if we didn’t wake up on time, but that didn’t matter. All that mattered was us right now. One thing was for sure though. That night when we got back to the dorm and went off to bed, we both had a dream of each other.