Giving him his Second Chance.

Giving Him His Second Chance.

 

“Today, we have a new student.” Mr. So announced to your class.

After he said that, you instantly zoned out. You didn’t really care for new students. They were both very cocky, and most likely going to be a Kingka, or a Queenka, or they were really shy, and they won’t talk to you no matter what. You went back to your notebook.

“Lee Anhli! Are you listening to me?” Mr. So asked you.

You suddenly looked up at him.

“N-no sir.” You replied.

Your classmates began snickering.

Mr. So sighed.

“Please raise your hand, so Luhan can know where to sit.”

Great. He gets to sit next to me. Great life I have.

You raised your hand reluctantly. He walked up to the seat next to you, and sat down. Mr. So began teaching again. You began paying attention to the teacher. You blocked out Luhan completely. Mr. So passed out an algebra sheet out. You began to fill it out, easy. You noticed that Luhan was having trouble with a problem. You usually didn’t help other people, but you had a feeling that you should help him.

“Do you need help?” you asked him.

He looked at you.

His eyes… are so familiar.

“Yes.” He replied, quietly.

You looked at what question he was on.

“Oh. You have to multiply here, instead of adding.” You pointed out.

He looked at his paper, and began to redo the question. The answer came out correct.

“Thanks.” He thanked you, barely audible.

“No problem.” You said, before going back to your sheet.

Luhan looked at you, and smiled. You were to busy filling out the answers to notice.

She seems really familiar. But I can’t put my finger on it.

“Okay. Class dismissed. Put your paper in the basket for a grade.” Mr. So announced, as the lunch bell rang.

You got up, and turned in your paper, before going back to your desk to pack up.

“Hey.” Luhan said, patting your arm.

You looked at him.

“C-can I eat lunch with you? I don’t really have any friends yet.”

You began thinking about it.

“Well, if you become my friend, it’s very unlikely, that anyone will want to be your friend.” You informed him.

Luhan looked at you. You were a normal, cute girl. He didn’t understand why no one would be your friend.

“It’s okay… I’m not very good at making friends anyways.” Luhan confessed.

You gave him a small smile, and put your backpack on your shoulder.

“Let’s go.”

 

Luhan followed you out to your secret spot in the garden. The principal let you have the area, since you were an all A student, and you were the number one bully target.

“This is where I eat lunch.” You told him, before sitting down on the ground.

Luhan looked around. Cherry blossom trees surrounded the both of you.

“Reminds me of a childhood place.” He mumbled, before sitting down next to you.

“Did you say something?” you asked him, taking out your lunchbox.

“No. Well, yeah. But it’s nothing important.” Luhan explained.

You chuckled, as you opened the lid to your container.

His voice reminds me of him. Actually, a lot of things remind me of him.

Your mom had packed 5 steamed buns for you. You looked over at Luhan. His eyes were glued to your buns.

Each and every one of them has a red heart on them. Just like the ones she used to give me.

“Er… do you want one?” you asked him.

His eyes reverted from the buns to you. His eyes softened as he recognized your features. Your light brown orbs, flat small nose, long eyelashes.

“What are you doing?” you asked him, getting a bit scared by the way he was looking at you.

What scared you more was that his eyes, and his baby face, looked exactly like him.

“Annie-ah… is it really you?” he asked you.

You froze.

It IS him.

You looked away. All the memories of you and him flooded back to you. All the memories that you had shoved away had come out. There was no way of pushing them back in now.

 “Annie… I’m sorry for leaving you… it’s just that--“

“Don’t call me that! I don’t want to hear it.” You spat, before getting up.

Luhan grabbed your wrist.

“Annie. Please let me explain.” He begged, getting up.

You closed your eyes.

“What is there to explain? I went to your house, and you were gone. Your mom told me that you didn’t want to see me anymore. I know, Luhan. You don’t have to explain to me anything.” You said, looking away from him.

Don’t cry Anhli. You’re stronger then this.

“No! I wanted to stay Annie. My dad forced me into the plane. I never wanted to leave you,” Luhan explained, turning your head to make you face him, “because I love you. I could never stop thinking about you.”

Your heart melted at his words, but you quickly snapped out of it.

“I told myself I would never forgive you.” You mumbled, before getting out of his grasp.

“Please, Annie. Believe me. Forgive me. I need your second chance.” Luhan pleaded.

You looked into his eyes. You swallowed hard.

“I’m… giving you your only second chance.” You told him.

Luhan hugged you tightly as soon as your words left your mouth. You closed your eyes, and hugged the boy you desperately wanted for so long. You breathed in his scent.

“You’ve never changed.” You commented.

“You haven’t either.” He told you.

You finally got out of the hug.

“We only have 5 minutes left of lunch.” You informed him.

“We should eat.” Luhan stated the obvious.

You chuckled and handed him a bun.

“Eat. My Luhannie.”

“You won’t regret giving me this second chance, Annie. I’ll make sure of it.”

 

8 Years Later~

 

“Mommy, Daddy, how did you guys meet?” SoAnh asked you and Luhan.

“Well, we met on a playground.” Luhan said.

“Which one?”

“The one we take you to sometimes.” You told her.

“The one with the heart shaped carving in the pole next to the slide?” SoAnh asked.

Luhan smiled, and nodded his head.

“That exact one.”

“Can you tell me how you fell in love?”

“We met on the playground, when I was 14.” You told her.

“And we began meeting each other everyday.” Luhan told her.

“But then, your dad left China to go to Korea, and I his mom told me that he didn’t want to see me anymore.” You said.

SoAnh gasped.

“But that wasn’t true. My dad had forced me to go to Korea to study, and my mom wasn’t very fond of your mom.” Luhan explained.

“So how did you two get back together?” SoAnh asked.

“One special day, in school.” You said.

“I was a new student at her school. Her teacher sat me next to her. She helped me on my math problem, and I asked her if I could eat lunch with her.”

“At lunch, I pulled out my lunchbox, and in my lunchbox, I had 5 steamed buns with red hearts on the top of them. I used to give them to your dad when we first met. He recognized them, and recognized me.”

“And then secret stuff happened, that I’m not going to tell you.” Luhan said, pulling SoAnh onto his lap.

“Awh!! Daddy!! That’s not fair!” she whined.

You laughed.

“We will tell you more tomorrow.” You said, kissing SoAnh on her cheek.

“Now go to sleep. You don’t want to be late to school tomorrow.” Luhan told her.

“Yes sir.”

You watched SoAnh run to her room. You put your head on Luhan’s shoulder.

“I don’t regret.” You said.

“You don’t regret what?” Luhan asked you.

“I don’t regret giving you a second chance. Not now, not ever.” You said, ending it, with a kiss.

 

Every love story starts. Every love story ends. If you had to give the second chance, would you?

Make your Love count~